The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My coffee maker died so I went and bought me a new Keurig. I seem to have better luck with those than any of the others.
My wife likes her Keurig. I don't like any of the coffee that comes out of it, regardless what brand I try. Even my regular coffee in the strainer thing doesn't taste right.

Just had a treadmill delivered for my wife... yay.

Also some odds and ends for my maxx coming today:
Washers to use with the probodyrc body because the ones traxxas uses don't fit the detents
widemaxx plastic tierods (spare)
rear bulkhead (spare)
50T spur (spare)
20-22T pinions, intending on dropping down from 22 to 21 before tomorrows bash. Only ones I don't have between 12 and 27 were 20-21. lol!

Also:
Oil for the treadmill belt.
New battery for my 12V Max dremel, mine are dying I think.
25T 32P pinion for my eJato. The motor/esc run really cool in it with the 23T, so figured I'd bump it up.

My wife likes her Keurig. I don't like any of the coffee that comes out of it, regardless what brand I try. Even my regular coffee in the strainer thing doesn't taste right.

Just had a treadmill delivered for my wife... yay.

Also some odds and ends for my maxx coming today:
Washers to use with the probodyrc body because the ones traxxas uses don't fit the detents
widemaxx plastic tierods (spare)
rear bulkhead (spare)
50T spur (spare)
20-22T pinions, intending on dropping down from 22 to 21 before tomorrows bash. Only ones I don't have between 12 and 27 were 20-21. lol!

Also:
Oil for the treadmill belt.
New battery for my 12V Max dremel, mine are dying I think.
25T 32P pinion for my eJato. The motor/esc run really cool in it with the 23T, so figured I'd bump it up.

A tread mill for the Wife ,RC parts for me!...:hehe::hehe::hehe:

My coffee maker died so I went and bought me a new Keurig. I seem to have better luck with those than any of the others.
Honestly, boil water on stove, pour in a glass measuing cup with a strainer in the top and your coffee in the filter above. I know some die hards that only have a coffee maker last 3 to 6 months.

Honestly, boil water on stove, pour in a glass measuing cup with a strainer in the top and your coffee in the filter above. I know some die hards that only have a coffee maker last 3 to 6 months.

I would think that a regular old style coffee maker will burn out fast ,as they sit for 2 hrs with a heated
electric hot pad that will eventually burn out for being on at long duration periods!

Me & my wife are die hard coffee drinkers ,so we invested in this unit ,I think we had it for
about 4 years now ,the coffee taste fresh because of the coffee being sealed an the rest
of the grounds wont be exposed to the air an weakening the flavor!..:thumbs-up:

My wife and I like our Keurig also for convenience purposes also. My wife is a huge coffee drinker. Me not so much. I drink some in the mornings but not that much.

A tread mill for the Wife ,RC parts for me!...:hehe::hehe::hehe:
Well... she wanted one because she wants to walk more. Found out she's pre-diabetic, so cutting things out of our diets and making it easier for her to walk without worrying about the weather.

As for coffee, I have a 12 cup kitchenaid that I really like when I use bunn filters that are taller. I brew 13-14 cups in the thing, shut it off and let the thing drain, then I put the pot in the fridge and use a plastic/sealed pitcher in the fridge for it once it's cold, add a couple cups of milk and 3 "drops" (mini measuring spoons) of Sucralose. I go through one of those every couple of days. So the only time my coffee pot is on is when it's brewing. I'm to the point now that I don't really care for hot coffee.

Well... she wanted one because she wants to walk more. Found out she's pre-diabetic, so cutting things out of our diets and making it easier for her to walk without worrying about the weather.

As for coffee, I have a 12 cup kitchenaid that I really like when I use bunn filters that are taller. I brew 13-14 cups in the thing, shut it off and let the thing drain, then I put the pot in the fridge and use a plastic/sealed pitcher in the fridge for it once it's cold, add a couple cups of milk and 3 "drops" (mini measuring spoons) of Sucralose. I go through one of those every couple of days. So the only time my coffee pot is on is when it's brewing. I'm to the point now that I don't really care for hot coffee. I was introduced to this beverage when cruising in Russia with Vodohod. What a great trip that was by the way :)
It was a set of Frank Miller's graphic novel "Sin City" (there is a film made back in 2005 based on this comics). I am a huge fan of this universe :cool: When I was also travelling down the river Volga on a cruise ship I met with comics fans who introduced me to this kind of art :)

Last edited:
After reading the Crawl Chronicals thread I was hipnotozed into buying this (and I needed a new 14mm hub for the Granite). Let the modding and weeks with an empty bank account begin!
Screenshot_20210718-124725_Chrome.jpg

This will be here tomorrow for the SCX10, I have a couple of these already and they work pretty good. Very inexpensive from amazon.

winch.jpg

Oh and a couple sets of shackles..

tow hooks.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't intending to buy a new scope, but I don't have anything decent that wouldn't put me out of base class in NRL22 (I'm going to try and make at least one match this year) according to MSRP. So, after some digging, I picked up...

A Cabela's Covenant 7 3-21x50mm scope (34mm tube, FFP, and the big one is it has a zero stop), was on sale for a helluva deal too.

XEaHqy4.png

A set of Arken Halo 34mm rings

kKNlMV6.png

A Wheeler lapping kit for 34mm rings

G1CpfEO.png

And finally, tired of luggin around an 80lbs shooting bench, a Caldwell Stable Table Lite.

XNtrH3O.png

This will be here tomorrow for the SCX10, I have a couple of these already and they work pretty good. Very inexpensive from amazon.

Oh and a couple sets of shackles..

Love the look of the winch, but don't think I would ever use it. I have been trying to decide if it's worth it just for looks.

Magic Eight Ball says "YES" 🤣

Well, I wasn't intending to buy a new scope, but I don't have anything decent that wouldn't put me out of base class in NRL22 (I'm going to try and make at least one match this year) according to MSRP. So, after some digging, I picked up...

A Cabela's Covenant 7 3-21x50mm scope (34mm tube, FFP, and the big one is it has a zero stop), was on sale for a helluva deal too.

XEaHqy4.png

A set of Arken Halo 34mm rings

kKNlMV6.png

A Wheeler lapping kit for 34mm rings

G1CpfEO.png

And finally, tired of luggin around an 80lbs shooting bench, a Caldwell Stable Table Lite.

XNtrH3O.png
I thought about getting one of those shooting benches like that and a gun vice for zeroing in sights

Love the look of the winch, but don't think I would ever use it. I have been trying to decide if it's worth it just for looks.

Magic Eight Ball says "YES" 🤣
I want one to hook to the garage and make the truck winch up and down.

I thought about getting one of those shooting benches like that and a gun vice for zeroing in sights

I have the regular stable table, which I firmly expect to be much more stable as it weighs 80lbs as mentioned, and is built of heavy duty materials. But this one folds up, is roughly 25lbs, and should be fine for what we do on the weekends. I'll put up a review in the Gun and Knife forum once we've had a chance to put it through it's paces.

I have the regular stable table, which I firmly expect to be much more stable as it weighs 80lbs as mentioned, and is built of heavy duty materials. But this one folds up, is roughly 25lbs, and should be fine for what we do on the weekends. I'll put up a review in the Gun and Knife forum once we've had a chance to put it through it's paces.
Awesome