The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think that a regular old style coffee maker will burn out fast ,as they sit for 2 hrs with a heated
electric hot pad that will eventually burn out for being on at long duration periods!
Plus regular coffee makers have 650w-1000w heating elements in them. My mother stayed with me for a couple months and I couldn't figure out why my light bill went up by $150/month til I started noticing the coffee pot was on from 5:00am to 6:00pm every day. No more coffee pot, bill back to normal. That was a lot of money for some really crappy coffee 🤑

I had to buy a 300 dollar control board for my washing machine . Funny thing is I didnt know it was broken . Just had 2 weeks holidays and we didnt do any laundry ( cause who cares I am on holidays ) . I go back to work tomorrow so I better get a load of laundry going .... washer said nah !

I had to buy a 300 dollar control board for my washing machine . Funny thing is I didnt know it was broken . Just had 2 weeks holidays and we didnt do any laundry ( cause who cares I am on holidays ) . I go back to work tomorrow so I better get a load of laundry going .... washer said nah !
harsh! lol

Love the look of the winch, but don't think I would ever use it. I have been trying to decide if it's worth it just for looks.

Magic Eight Ball says "YES" 🤣
I've yet to use them but they sure look good on my rigs. I don't ever plan on crawling in any competitions so if I get stuck I take care of it the old fashion way, reach down and pick it up..;)
I have messed with it around the house trying it out however and it works pretty good.

Last edited:
I've yet to use them but they sure look good on my rigs. I don't ever plan on crawling in any competitions so if I get stuck I take care of it the old fashion way, reach down and pick it up..;)
That's perfectly fine as long as you say (in a loud billowing voice) - "Here, let me help you!"

I know. Stoopid hand of God joke 😜

Just ordered some links in hopes they will work on a project that has been on the back burner for a couple years. The truck is a 1/16 WPL C14 with lots of custom 3d printed mods, and is using the wider MN D90 axles. Fingers crossed!
Screenshot_20210721-114737_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I saw this and decided to pick it up and give it a try when I start painting bodies again. Seems like this will make it much easier to hold on to and spin around bodies as you're painting them. :)

That looks like a cool item, I just use a small inverted plastic pail.

I saw this and decided to pick it up and give it a try when I start painting bodies again. Seems like this will make it much easier to hold on to and spin around bodies as you're painting them. :)
View attachment 129925
Now that is a killer idea! Is that a squeeze ball? Or is it one of those stress balls you punch when the paint bleeds under the mask?

lol, you definitely can't squeeze it. Its hard as a rock and has some weight to it.

A 1/2x28 tap and die set. The new Tikka seats deep into the suppressor. Great for quietness, but rimfire ammo is notoriously dirty, and the can gets ran on multiple guns so that last few threads sometimes have leading and crud that's super hard to remove. This should solve that problem.

VWsCHNW.png