The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I know of, I've read several articles about it being a bit fussy with the reverse and eventually I would like to go electric.
I love the 2 speed on my Jato. It sounds so wicked. But when it hits that 2nd gear ya better have a lot of room to play because the car ain't playing around at that point.

Not that I know of, I've read several articles about it being a bit fussy with the reverse and eventually I would like to go electric.
Honestly I used the reverse maybe a dozen times then took out the servo. And just left the reverse rod pushed in forward only And never used it again. If you want to go electric. You will have to change center shafts and axles to the 3.3 specs. Or use cvd.the 2.5 drive line won't hold up to the tourqe of electric. Will rip them apart after a couple runs.
I love the 2 speed on my Jato. It sounds so wicked. But when it hits that 2nd gear ya better have a lot of room to play because the car ain't playing around at that point.
She Flys in 2nd. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's awesome. So does mine because she gets to do what she wants LOL. Alot of people don't know how to take care of their RCs especially when it a nitro. Or any sort of mantiance of them
What is this maintenance you speak of?! :hehe:
That Tekin combo is a good score. Get you some Rit dye and dye that esc cage black or whatever color you want 😉
you're just full of good ideas! :)

What is this maintenance you speak of?! :hehe:

you're just full of good ideas! :)
I have no clue thought I just drive it. And that's all I had to do. I don't know why it won't start or move or stay running. can you help please thanks 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Most of us go with the rule of thumb, "drive it until it breaks",
The non-maintenance are for those who want to break it sooner..;)

Most of us go with the rule of thumb, "drive it until it breaks",
The non-maintenance are for those who want to break it sooner..;)
Hell yeah drive it or send it. It's not a good day of bashing or driven it you come home in one pc 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😉😉

These just came back in stock at Tower, so just grabbed a set for the Deadbolt.
Screenshot_20210729-091928_Chrome.jpg

Still waiting for the gray C10 SCX24 to come back in stock.

Looks like some serious grippage :)
I got the Tmax all put back together and of course I made sure the diffs were going in the right direction...o_O

crazy.gif

Last edited:
You can use the starter motor and a glow wand for future use. When my pull stsrt broke, thats what I did.

I only got a 10.2 crawler, and going after the cen trail truck next. 😁

You can use the starter motor and a glow wand for future use. When my pull stsrt broke, thats what I did.

I only got a 10.2 crawler, and going after the cen trail truck next. 😁
I am actually thinking I am going to be on a 1/24 scale kick for awhile. I would love to grab a TRX4 Sport pretty soon though. Or maybe an SCX10 chassis kit and go from there.

These just came back in stock at Tower, so just grabbed a set for the Deadbolt.
View attachment 130246
Still waiting for the gray C10 SCX24 to come back in stock.
Sweet mud slingers bud. Going to be some mud flying now🤣🤣
I went with a recoil rope starter on the Tmas. The EZstart motor was fried and I didn't have the wand to go with it.

View attachment 130248
Thats the way to go IMO. The wand is big and bulky any way. Plus just another little motor to worry about. If you really want the EZ start system I can look for the one I took off my Tmaxx 2.5 and will send it to you sir. Don't want anything for it you can have it👍👍
And they wand takes 7.2 battery not to light in pocket and once that's dead you won't be able to start. Unless you carry extra battery for it. The pull all you need to carry is the igniter.
Nice body 👍👍 almost looks a little like the one I have but I added blue to the body to come threw the clear areas
20210725_101234.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet mud slingers bud. Going to be some mud flying now🤣🤣

Thats the way to go IMO. The wand is big and bulky any way. Plus just another little motor to worry about. If you really want the EZ start system I can look for the one I took off my Tmaxx 2.5 and will send it to you sir. Don't want anything for it you can have it👍👍
And they wand takes 7.2 battery not to light in pocket and once that's dead you won't be able to start. Unless you carry extra battery for it. The pull all you need to carry is the igniter.

Nice body 👍👍 almost looks a little like the one I have but I added blue to the body to come threw the clear areas View attachment 130254
I appreciate that but I think I'm gonna just stick with the recoil rope starter. Thanks for the offer..

thumbs up.png

I appreciate that but I think I'm gonna just stick with the recoil rope starter. Thanks for the offer..

View attachment 130255
No problem it's the better way to go with a nitro motor. Once you get it tune rite. And have a good igniter should only take 2-3 pulls. The one way bearing should work in the pull from ez start. Sometimes they wear out a little quicker but that's it.

View attachment 130255
And a little tip. If you cut a hole just above the T handle of pull and get a electric rubber grommet from Lowes or homedepot. And put the handle threw you won't have to take off body to start truck. Will have to push back threw to take off body. Got tiered of always taken off body to start. That's what I did works good doesn't mess up pull cord with the rubber.
No problem it's the better way to go with a nitro motor. Once you get it tune rite. And have a good igniter should only take 2-3 pulls. The one way bearing should work in the pull from ez start. Sometimes they wear out a little quicker but that's it.

And a little tip. If you cut a hole just above the T handle of pull and get a electric rubber grommet from Lowes or homedepot. And put the handle threw you won't have to take off body to start truck. Will have to push back threw to take off body. Got tiered of always taken off body to start. That's what I did works good doesn't mess up pull cord with the rubber.
Got to just make sure you don't make the hole to big.or it won't fit. I've messed it up. And had to get a bigger grommet. 🤣🤣
Screenshot_20210729-141717_Lowe's.jpg

Last edited:
Extended the life of my chair... 🪑
chair03rs.jpg

chair02rs.jpg
I thank you sir. I understand if you like it but there comes a day. I stopped at a gas station today. The chair was brown originally. It was mostly grey with tons of brown peelings everywhere. I wanted to cut and stitch a new one on the spot for them.