The Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to help out a friend who had a MASSIVE layout. I did old brick factories, burned out buildings, abandoned houses, things that really got grubby.

Ralph brought this ugly thing into the shop today. I pulled a joke on the owner telling him he had to see what the paint had done to this truck.

He got a kick out of it.

Thing actually looks better in person than in the pics!

Didn't look too bad mocked up on the Axial, either...

Rob

a great touch would be a nice messed up bondo job. there on every rusty old car I've ever seen

but seriously. thats the best paint job I've ever seen!

the bird shat is amazing, that really put the "icing" on the cake.

Bro, the bungee cords holding the door, the coat hanger antenna, track broke on the side window, cracked windshield....

You have to live close to me. :)

Going to be hard to get a chassis to put it on. I mean the ball joints will have to be wore out, so the tires are almost on their side.
Has to have a couple springs broke and the frame has to be bent, so it goes down the road sideways.
Did I forget anything?

Hell of a job Rolex.

At least one tire has to be out of round digger

i want to paint a shell for my xtm rage, but i dont know where to get a 1/18 shell.

a great touch would be a nice messed up bondo job. there on every rusty old car I've ever seen
I've already planned a bad Bondo job and some red lead and primer patches.

the bird shat is amazing, that really put the "icing" on the cake.
I couldn't get a good photo of it, but the bird had eaten blueberries.

Bro, the bungee cords holding the door, the coat hanger antenna, track broke on the side window, cracked windshield....

You have to live close to me. :)

Not quite, but the best 'do it yourself' body job I ever saw was on Rt 81, driving through Virginia. I was hauling a trailer down for someone and got passed by a car that was TOTALLY skinned with duct tape. I guess he started by patching some rust around the fenders, then thought it would look good in all silver. Of course, when I saw it, every strip of tape was starting to curl from being weather worn. It was tough to drive...I had tears in my eyes laughing.
I'm guessing I was probably passing pretty close to your neighborhood, digger.

Not quite, but the best 'do it yourself' body job I ever saw was on Rt 81, driving through Virginia. I was hauling a trailer down for someone and got passed by a car that was TOTALLY skinned with duct tape. I guess he started by patching some rust around the fenders, then thought it would look good in all silver. Of course, when I saw it, every strip of tape was starting to curl from being weather worn. It was tough to drive...I had tears in my eyes laughing.
I'm guessing I was probably passing pretty close to your neighborhood, digger.
I'm thinking the guy wasn't using the "100 mph" tape. Ya can't crimp on poop like that. Anyone from around here would know that. :)

I was just a little young digger, riding with Dad. We were behind an old International pick-up going about 20 mph less than the speed limit, when suddenly the guys rear wheel feel off. It freaked me out.
Wheel bouncing down the road, sparks flying from the hub...
After the guy got off the road, looks to see what happened, he just starts laughing like hell.

Truckling (In the dirt)

Here's Tater's Ugly Truckling, finished, except for the side mirrors. I'm having a tough time trying to find the right size brass stock for the brackets.

Rusted4.jpg

Rusted3.jpg

Rusted2.jpg

Rusted5.jpg

Rusted9b.jpg

Rusted9a.jpg

Rusted8.jpg

Rusted9c.jpg

Rusted9f.jpg

Rusted9e.jpg

Rusted7.jpg

Gotta' have that Axial to sit this on. It looks like a low rider the way it is now. The wheels and tires are for the crawler.

Nice truck! Hope you get that Axial. I like how you did the rusting and the paint bucket marks, and the wooden bumper! Did you use real wood for that?

Clear white balsa, carved and painted to look like planks. Douglas fir in the back, and cedar in the front.

Wow thats amazing. I mean its the best I've ever seen! I wonder how you react when you flip 'er for the first time. I gotta hand it to you, that rediculous detail. You got my kudos! If I haden't seen you're thread about it before I would have seriously thought you pulled it out of a marsh and took some pics.

I just crack up every time I see that. It's such a paradoxical work of art! Never seen anything like it. It just rules.

flander, this thing will never see the outdoors. The wheels and tires will be used on his crawler, but with another body. This is a work of art, to be treasured and displayed with pride, and besides, can you imagine what this thing would look like if it got dirty?

Wow, Rolex, you deserve to break the mod curse and win that crawler! This thing is amazing! You got everything that I'd expect on an old rust bucket.

Flander, when he flips it, it'll scratch the paint off and make it look more rusted.

Although I did notice one thing--the glass on the one headlight isn't cloudy like you often see on old cars.

Back