The Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the oil hand stains on the hood of the truck - very sharp looking body.

-Michael

ah, body schmoddy. It's just some lexan. I wanna see you take that dremel to the bling machine and rust it out. Then you'll have something worth talking about.

I need a tetanus shot just looking at it. It just needs some simulated bird crap and it'll be perfect.

Good work, Rolex!

I need a tetanus shot just looking at it. It just needs some simulated bird crap and it'll be perfect.

Good work, Rolex!

I need a tetanus shot just looking at it. All you need now is some simulated bird crap and it'll be perfect.

Great job, Rolex!

Damn.

It just keeps getting better and better.

I certainly hope you plan on submitting pics of the completed lid to the various rags for publication.

Can I send you my Toyota High Lift body for the Rolex treatment?

Just name the price.

A few more details to add, but now I'm headed to HobbyTown for some Bass sheeting and some styrene. Since it will not be going on the Savage, I need to repair the bed and the back of the cab.

robmob, pack up the Toyota. I'd be honored.

I'm gonna box that sucka up when I get home from RCX.

Time to pop the seal on the High Lift box and get it built

That was simply amazing. that body looks so good, and I know I wouldn't have the patience to do that.

You da man Rolex! I gotta say that's one of the coolest things I ever seen done to a lexan body! Simply awesome! :thumbsup:

That old truck is way beyond restoration. hehe. Nice work.

So let me get this straight. The way your painting this thing, It will actually weather itself more as it gets scratched up. Say, for instance, when you flip it on its lid the first time, the paint on the outside will scratch away, revealing the "bare metal" underneath?
That's genious! I know first hand how hard it is to make something plastic look like crap. LOL I build model cars too. If you want to drop me an e-mail I can recomend a great forum for that.

Thanks for that link, Charlie. I checked out most of the site and then bookmarked it.
I've gotten a few extra ideas already.
I've taken a break from it for the last 2 days, but I have a couple of details I'll probably be adding tonight.
As with the Savage, I've gone too far. I promise you, I'll run the truck, but this lid started out as a beater and became artwork. I guess I'll have to pick up the 72 Chevy pickup and give it the basic rust treatment and actually run it just so you can see how it scrapes down to bare metal and rusts when it rolls over.

how long has it taken you so far?
where do you get the shells from?

It starts as just a standard clear lid from ProLine.
I guess I have 20 or more hours in it so far. I'm not really keeping track.
I should have a few more pics up soon. I've replaced the bed floor with bass plywood, and I've added a few small details. Kind of taken a few days off.

what do you use to paint it? do you use a paintbrush?

Airbrushes and paintbrushes.

Here's a few pics of some of the details added. I picked up some parts today, so there will be more coming.

TiedDoor.jpg

hinge.jpg

windshield.jpg

Are you a model railroad enthusiast on the side too? Your talents would be greatly appreciated on that hobby.

Back