The Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst is yet to come. I just finished sanding it to bring out the details.
Oddly enough, I had marked the post holes at the same time I did the body cutting, then I totally forgot to drill them out.
I think that was meant to tell me that it doesn't belong on a blinged out Savvy, but should be on a rock crawler or something scale.

Here's today's progress:

sanded2.jpg

sanded3.jpg

sanded4.jpg

sanded5.jpg

This one looks pretty good when you look at it enlarged. Looks like it's been behind a barn for a long time.

Several more details to do, so it's not quite finished yet.

Last edited:
So Rolex, Just exactly how long does a body have to sit on your shelf to get rusted like that?

Just kidding, looks great so far. I wished I had that kind of patience.

Hahaha, at first I thought it was real rust. GOOD JOB! It looks really real and nice.

wow that looks really good.....I mean bad.....no i mean good.
oh this is confusing

No offense, Rolex, but I never knew it too so much time and effort to make a old truck look like s**t.

Frankly, it's true genius. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it.

:bow: Looks like something that's been sittin on the prairie and was forgotten about! No bullet holes?? Just kidding.. looks fantastic!!

No offense, Rolex, but I never knew it too so much time and effort to make a old truck look like s**t.

Frankly, it's true genius. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it.

I have a friend that is big into model trains, I mean his entire basement is a train track and a billion trains. Anyway, his scenery has a section of junkyard trucks/cars that are done like this. He put a ton of time and detail into them and it paid off...I must say it's really cool to see them when they are done right and Rolex so far has hit the nail on the head, especially with that headlight, that had to have taken a lot of thought.

Rolex, I'm truly speechless. The beauty and detail is simply amazing. I mean this from the bottom of my heart, it's the best detail and effort that I've seen put into a body so far. As I was looking at the details, my jaw just hit the floor. You hit a homerun with this one, and I agree with ya, time for a scaler. This body belongs on something besides a blinged out savvy. I've been buildnig my RC's and then doing the body last. But after seeing this one, I might do a really nice body (of course it will not compare to this. and then use it for the inspiration on the RC that it will rest on. Wow, just beautiful.

Holy poop.

That is one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen!

Now that is a nice job! well done very well done.

Hey Rolex, most of those old trucks also have cracked windshields... gonna paint that on too?

Thanks guys. I used to do this to my old model cars, but with lacquers and no airbrush.
Still working on the details. Cracked windshield and a couple of bullet holes are already on the 'to do' list, along with worn running boards and a few items you'll have to wait for.

Candyman said:

With a scale truck, it's time and effort. With a REAL truck, it's lots of time, and a total LACK of effort.

This one is still getting worse....or better?....Remember, it's 52 years old, and it's never been waxed.

rolex that looks awsome it looks like some old restorations before we start work on them here at the body shop....great work

Damn and its still not done, lol. Your too much. You could always get a axle crawler, and make it a bling king too to add this body to.

Bryson

I'm about to ask for some crawler info in another thread. I just sat this one on top of the Savvy, and the ridiculous combination of bling and bland just doesn't get it.
On top of it, I took a break from all the rust to get my mail, and wouldn't you know it...more shiny bling arrived today.
I'm afraid to touch it. It might rust.

Back