The Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolex,

Amazing work - I even had to show the girlfriend, both just can't believe the detail. Can't wait to see the finished product!

-Michael

Thank you again. I've already been PMing Candyman some of the tricks, so when all of this is done, I'll compile some pics and tricks in a 'how to' sticky.

BOUTCH said:
No it wont!!! Touch it...oh ya touch it!!!
LMAO! No I won't ... No, can't take that chance.

Comments like that belong in your OTHER forum, but thanks for the offer.

sorry.jpg

man that is real neat how you did that. i know that took alot of time, there is so much detail.

Actually it didn't take me much time at all - I just found a sad puppy picture and added the text SORRY to the bottom of it, took all of about 40 seconds.

:D

-Michael

Y'all come back, ya hear? Lots more details to be a'commin'. Ah WOOOOoooooooffff

FarmDog.jpg

How bout sendin that little Beagle my way?

Last edited:
Are you sure this isn't a picture of your hooptie that you photoshopped?

Nice work, man.

Here's today's update.... still more to do, but getting there.

These are the basic tools I've used. The rotary triangle bit in the center is razor sharp carbide and good for cutting the holes. All the bits in the case are diamond dust. Great for very fine details. The steel wire rotary will melt and streak areas that will rust, and the black plastic buffer will remove layers down to 'bare metal'.
Rough brush, and a fine detail brush, and of course an X-acto knife.
All the paint is Parma Fascolor except for the chrome underneath.

d.jpg

d2.jpg

d1.jpg

d4.jpg

d3.jpg

just a tid bit for the yungguns, The fuel tank in trucks was located behind the seat until the mid 70s. That's why the filler neck was in the cab instead of in the bed like you see in late model trucks. Man I can't believe someone didn't say "hmm, ya think that huge explosive fuel cell could cause a problem in the cab with the driver" before then.

Hey bro. need any pics of a full-size pick-up?

Got a couple on blocks in the back yard. (JK)

Damn that is a hell of a job as usual. Lot more work to "rag" one out then to pimp it.
Now ya should get on the Savage. Bash it hard.
Be a hell of a challenge to make it look like that. :)

Whered you get that dremel bit kit? Thats pretty slick

that is looking great rolex.i love the tied up front door with the glass hanging there and rag in the fuel tank this is one of the best jobs i have ever seen

That really is one sick scale job. Maybe we need some 1/8 scale cinder blocks to go with it. Maybe a crusty 1/8 scale washing machine to round out the scene....

HOLY CRAP!!! :bow:

I'm lovin it!!!!

Back