The Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that has got to be the most impressive piece of work I've seen in years!

Nice peice of crap Rolex.Now go on now and take her out for a little spin OUTSIDE! Boy your one sick bastard .

Top notch work keep it up.

Never seen anything like it. It just rules.
Coming from a great painter like you, I'm honored.

can you imagine what this thing would look like if it got dirty?
LMAO!!! Never thought of that. Would it look better or worse?

Wow, that has got to be the most impressive piece of work I've seen in years!
I just checked out your pics. Very impressive, and I thank you.

Boy your one sick bastard .
Thank you. Thank you very much. Finally the recognition I seek.

Well charliestheman, He MIGHT take it outside to take it somewhere, like to show it off at his LHS. But I can assure you it would be in an airtight glass box that was in a wall safe that had chains around it with a padlock on the chains. And he would put the chained safe inside a huge fish tank full of piranhas. And he would starve the piranhas just a little bit so they would be very vicious.

Absolutely one of the most creative paint jobs I've ever seen.... You have some skills Rolex.. Amazing attention to detail... I WANT one for my Axial... :cheers:

You will be my new chief of security.

Well we can't get that body all finger printed up. So yeah just send it here and I will lock it up the right way. and don't worry the piranhas won't get at it. If they get out of hand, I will use sharks instead. better bite and easier to train...

ImBroken said:
Absolutely one of the most creative paint jobs I've ever seen.... You have some skills Rolex.. Amazing attention to detail... I WANT one for my Axial...
Pick out a lid. I'd be absolutely honored to do one for you.

I love the bumpers, that is the most creative work of art I've seen in quite a while. Excellent work!!!

Awesome job man.

I am expecting an Axial kit shortly.

That would look fantastic sitting on it.

no he is sending it to me. I will be in charge of security. anybody want to come and see it? But to touch it, you would have to get past a chained up safe while fighting off hungry piranhas and sharks, of course there would be a secret entry at the bottom but nobody has to know that. oh wait did I type that out loud?

Simply amazing man! I love this paint job and its almost got my dad ready to build a crawler so he can paint something of this matter to go on it. Again man, great paint job, now go hang it on the wall.

Blown away, I'm just blown away! I've never seen a better weathering job on anything.
BTW; Is it any eaiser to do at this scale than 1/24th?

BTW; Is it any eaiser to do at this scale than 1/24th?

Actually, it takes much more work to do it at this scale. Since the body is so much larger, everything shows up more and requires more attention to the smallest details.
I added the wipers last night. I'd forgotten about them....well, 1 1/2 wipers.

An amazing piece of work! You should submit this paint job to all the RC magazines!

Would you happen to have a before and after shot of the body?

-Michael

I've taken pics of the entire process. Right from day one, I picked this body to rust out. I just didn't know it would go this far.
Now I have a '72 Chevy that will be faded and worn, and actually driven.
I hate to say this, but I've been thinking of doing the interior on this one, also.

Fantastic job my friend. It is absolutely amazing my friend. Truly a work of art and a labor of love!

Back