Tekno mt410

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed the plastic shock caps on my Typhon because it bothered me that my other two trucks had aluminum caps. The Typhon shocks on my Granite still have the plastic caps. No issues so far.

Still thinking about the mt alot anyone wanna input on if it's worth it if i have all the stuff to complete except a body is it really worth it if i have 2 outcasts loaded with voltage just don't wanna regret it if i buy one i see parts are quite pricey for the teknos if it breaks!

Still thinking about the mt alot anyone wanna input on if it's worth it if i have all the stuff to complete except a body is it really worth it if i have 2 outcasts loaded with voltage just don't wanna regret it if i buy one i see parts are quite pricey for the teknos if it breaks!

Do you REALLY want to know the truth?

Are you READY for the truth?

I know Woodie gave you great info, and as diplomatic as possible as he should because he runs 2 forums for both brands. That said, let me give you some pros and cons to begin with as they relate to each other.

Tekno Pros
  1. 7075 aluminum everywhere (imagine having the entire voltage hobby catalogue on your truck out of the box)
  2. 7075 chassis.
  3. Light weight (this means more run time, more speed, better jumping, less breakage)
  4. Nylon infused plastics (advanced composites)
  5. Light weight drive train (faster acceleration and more response everywhere)
  6. Very easy to work on, quick release center diff mount, and 8 screws to get to diffs.
  7. Cheap spare parts
Arrma Pros
  1. Cool founder/ director ? (this goes far with me)
  2. Great RTR electronics (if you stay near stock these are great)
  3. Superior battery box
  4. Less initial cost (careful with this one, this cost can change dramatically if you are into big air and aren’t perfect)
  5. Jenny’s RC
  6. Community
I’ll be honest, the Kraton I own has become a project that I love because I get to fix its flaws DIY and I enjoy tinkering. You can look up my threads, I’m having a great time making my own parts. On the flip side, my tekno is no fun in that area because simply nothing breaks. As in nada...zero...zilch.

All in, my Kraton owes me $1,100.00. I have all voltage (I do not have the hinge pin mounts still) and M2C chassis,backflips, max 6 ESC,RPM everything, and fuze re branded 1500kv 6 pole. I have a JX 30kg servo (and savox sg1210), and custom parts. At the end of the day it weighs over 2lbs more than my ET48 and close to 3 lbs more than my MT.

I say before you buy another Arrma, get yourself at worst a used MT410 (not too many sells theirs so hard to find) and have the best of both worlds and own different brands. At the end of the day you need to make your own choice.

Let me also clear up the air on some opinions out there.

1. I can’t fit a TP long can in an MT410... yes you can, you can relocate the ESC, but more importantly... the MT is so light it doesn’t need a huge motor.

2. I can’t get the diffs out easily.... yes you can, it is 8 screws total. Arrma is 4 screws and you have to release the sway bar so that is another 2 = 6. You do not have to shim tekno diffs either, it is done while building them, but most don’t require any shims.

Just do it man, if you hate yours you can sell it in 2 seconds.

Last edited:

Where are you looking for parts? I buy on eBay it is the same price as most Arrma parts, and I’m not talking high retail. Only things way more expensive are chassis, and shocks. Those aren’t consumables on Teknos.

Do you REALLY want to know the truth?

Are you READY for the truth?

I know Woodie gave you great info, and as diplomatic as possible as he should because he runs 2 forums for both brands. That said, let me give you some pros and cons to begin with as they relate to each other.

Tekno Pros
  1. 7075 aluminum everywhere (imagine having the entire voltage hobby catalogue on your truck out of the box)
  2. 7075 chassis.
  3. Light weight (this means more run time, more speed, better jumping, less breakage)
  4. Nylon infused plastics (advanced composites)
  5. Light weight drive train (faster acceleration and more response everywhere)
  6. Very easy to work on, quick release center diff mount, and 8 screws to get to diffs.
  7. Cheap spare parts
Arrma Pros
  1. Cool founder/ director ? (this goes far with me)
  2. Great RTR electronics (if you stay near stock these are great)
  3. Superior battery box
  4. Less initial cost (careful with this one, this cost can change dramatically if you are into big air and aren’t perfect)
  5. Jenny’s RC
  6. Community
I’ll be honest, the Kraton I own has become a project that I love because I get to fix its flaws DIY and I enjoy tinkering. You can look up my threads, I’m having a great time making my own parts. On the flip side, my tekno is no fun in that area because simply nothing breaks. As in nada...zero...zilch.

All in, my Kraton owes me $1,100.00. I have all voltage (I do not have the hinge pin mounts still) and M2C chassis,backflips, max 6 ESC,RPM everything, and fuze re branded 1500kv 6 pole. I have a JX 30kg servo (and savox sg1210), and custom parts. At the end of the day it weighs over 2lbs more than my ET48 and close to 3 lbs more than my MT.

I say before you buy another Arrma, get yourself at worst a used MT410 (not too many sells theirs so hard to find) and have the best of both worlds and own different brands. At the end of the day you need to make your own choice.

Let me also clear up the air on some opinions out there.

1. I can’t fit a TP long can in an MT410... yes you can, you can relocate the ESC, but more importantly... the MT is so light it doesn’t need a huge motor.

2. I can’t get the diffs out easily.... yes you can, it is 8 screws total. Arrma is 4 screws and you have to release the sway bar so that is another 2 = 6. You do not have to shim tekno diffs either, it is done while building them, but most don’t require any shims.

Just do it man, if you hate yours you can sell it in 2 seconds.
Perfect man thanks for the thorough explanation that's awesome i really want one i hear nothing but great things, of course they all have flaws. How about the diffs how do you compare the arrma to tekno durability wise?

Perfect man thanks for the thorough explanation that's awesome i really want one i hear nothing but great things, of course they all have flaws. How about the diffs how do you compare the arrma to tekno durability wise?

Tekno diffs are superior. It’s one of those things you need to see first hand to appreciate. I’ve had very expensive cars before the Tekno (1/5th scale, Kyosho, Mugen namely) and the quality impressed me. Put it like this, if you buy one and hate it and can’t sell it in 5 days I’ll buy it off you. No joke.

Here think of it like this. On one hand you have a seiko watch, in the other a Cartier. Neither is the most expensive in the world, but are on difference price points. They both look similar to the average person, both have an automatic movement even. Then you look at the back and notice the case of the Cartier has more engravings, finer attention to detail. Then you pop open the case to look at the things you will never see with it on the wrist... the movement. One is beautifully made, made with the finest materials, and the seiko is made perfectly well but is a run of the mill movement made for the masses. One you may keep for life, one is just another watch that keeps many people happy, however it is no Cartier.

Last edited:
M2c makes a chassis and brace for the tekno rigs to make them even more durable.

M2c makes a chassis and brace for the tekno rigs to make them even more durable.
Chassis isn’t needed, it’s only wider. I have the full M2C braces though, and those braces are LEGIT

Look close at the braces

Tekno diffs are superior. It’s one of those things you need to see first hand to appreciate. I’ve had very expensive cars before the Tekno (1/5th scale, Kyosho, Mugen namely) and the quality impressed me. Put it like this, if you buy one and hate it and can’t sell it in 5 days I’ll buy it off you. No joke.

Here think of it like this. On one hand you have a seiko watch, in the other a Cartier. Neither is the most expensive in the world, but are on difference price points. They both look similar to the average person, both have an automatic movement even. Then you look at the back and notice the case of the Cartier has more engravings, finer attention to detail. Then you pop open the case to look at the things you will never see with it on the wrist... the movement. One is beautifully made, made with the finest materials, and the seiko is made perfectly well but is a run of the mill movement made for the masses. One you may keep for life, one is just another watch that keeps many people happy, however it is no Cartier.
You're really convincing me lol I'll give it a shot it's only 450$ not like it's in the 4 digits.

Hey guys i just ordered the tekno got it for 382$ on ebay with the 15% off coupon

Hey guys i just ordered the tekno got it for 382$ on ebay with the 15% off coupon
Where is the 15% off coupon?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. I just always hear of people getting 15% and 20% off coupons in their emails and I've never gotten them.

Where is the 15% off coupon?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. I just always hear of people getting 15% and 20% off coupons in their emails and I've never gotten them.
Perfect i was just going to post it here
PSAVETODAY

RC4WD Bully 2 ready to run. They have the kit which I normally prefer, but with this one I'd like all of the electronics already wired.
That's gonna be a hard one for ebay. those are the cars you can only find parts for on ebay ?

That's gonna be a hard one for ebay. those are the cars you can only find parts for on ebay ?
You can find the kit though everywhere. But right now the RTR version is sold out pretty much everywhere. Tower, Amain, RC4WD, ebay...pretty much everywhere that I have looked. Hopefully after the stock recovers I can hit the next ebay coupon and hopefully it will be 20%.

By the way congrats on the MT410. I have one and the only thing that you really need is a metal servo horn to make it fairly strong.

You can find the kit though everywhere. But right now the RTR version is sold out pretty much everywhere. Tower, Amain, RC4WD, ebay...pretty much everywhere that I have looked. Hopefully after the stock recovers I can hit the next ebay coupon and hopefully it will be 20%.

By the way congrats on the MT410. I have one and the only thing that you really need is a metal servo horn to make it fairly strong.
I been waiting for this coupon since December lol it takes patients let me tell you lol

Back