Tekno mt410

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tekno MT410=Race quality basher. I want one...
I agree! But i keep seeing they have problems with the diff cases where the bearings hold the input i guess they wear out the plastic in between unless they came up with a fix not sure

When it comes to the Outcast & MT410, I'll take the Outcast any day. I broken both cars doing the same stuff & the Outcast is MUCH easier to fix plus it uses all the regular Arrma 6s parts I have a ton of anyway. As soon as I wreck the MT410, my wallet takes the hit as well, & hardly no part breakers touch the thing. I don't have nearly as much in the thing as most Tekno guys mainly because I don't use it enough to be constantly showering with upgrades. The only cars I have $1K+ in are my large scale cars. I have 20+ 1/8 cars. There's no way I'm going upgrade crazy on any of them, especially since the super cheap DIY upgrades are the most beneficial. But if I wasn't capable of that kind of thing, I wouldn't have so many cars to begin with. Thanks to my DIY fixes, I can go months w/o major breaks. So all the extra dough that I usually had to waste on parts can be saved up to pounce on a deal or buy a whole new truck.

When it comes to the Outcast & MT410, I'll take the Outcast any day. I broken both cars doing the same stuff & the Outcast is MUCH easier to fix plus it uses all the regular Arrma 6s parts I have a ton of anyway. As soon as I wreck the MT410, my wallet takes the hit as well, & hardly no part breakers touch the thing. I don't have nearly as much in the thing as most Tekno guys mainly because I don't use it enough to be constantly showering with upgrades. The only cars I have $1K+ in are my large scale cars. I have 20+ 1/8 cars. There's no way I'm going upgrade crazy on any of them, especially since the super cheap DIY upgrades are the most beneficial. But if I wasn't capable of that kind of thing, I wouldn't have so many cars to begin with. Thanks to my DIY fixes, I can go months w/o major breaks. So all the extra dough that I usually had to waste on parts can be saved up to pounce on a deal or buy a whole new truck.
I agree everyone always talks about how good it is and how durable but what about the dark side of it, price and availability of parts and how much of a pain it is to work on. This is what i hear from other tekno owners not me personally.

I have both brands. Tekno mt410 has better aluminium parts. Worse cvds and dogones. Worse shocks. Better for performance chassis setup but pain in the ass to work on. No protection from dirt whatsoever. Better servo mount (not that it is difficult) and better bearings too. And a much higher price tag even if you get a better chassis and shock tower even with upgrades on the Arrma.

Buuuuuut it's a kit. And kits win every time.

I have both brands. Tekno mt410 has better aluminium parts. Worse cvds and dogones. Worse shocks. Better for performance chassis setup but pain in the ass to work on. No protection from dirt whatsoever. Better servo mount (not that it is difficult) and better bearings too. And a much higher price tag even if you get a better chassis and shock tower even with upgrades on the Arrma.

Worse shocks? My Tekno shocks are hands down worlds better than the ones that came on my Outcast.

I agree with everything that you said about both of them, except for the shocks. I agree with @slick2500 that in my opinion the shocks are some of the best I have seen. I do enjoy working on my Arrma's more than my Tekno's, that is for sure, since you can quickly get at the diffs and there is space to do stuff on the chassis.

I'm like you though that kits always win as I like to put my own stuff together and build them so that I know they are right.

I agree with everything that you said about both of them, except for the shocks. I agree with @slick2500 that in my opinion the shocks are some of the best I have seen. I do enjoy working on my Arrma's more than my Tekno's, that is for sure, since you can quickly get at the diffs and there is space to do stuff on the chassis.

I'm like you though that kits always win as I like to put my own stuff together and build them so that I know they are right.
Right my Outcast shocks the fronts were constantly bending shafts and the rears I kept breaking pistons. Switched to Teknos and no more bent shock shafts or broken shock pistons. Plus they just feel smoother even with the same fluid and springs.

I didn't care for the many plastic parts on the mt410 shocks tbh. Neither for the stamped Ackermann plate
They cut some corners.
Haven't bent any shocks ever, just expected better.

Plastic shock caps on a $450 model in 2019 is no good. They should have aluminum caps like in some of their other kits...

I didn't care for the many plastic parts on the mt410 shocks tbh. Neither for the stamped Ackermann plate
They cut some corners.
Haven't bent any shocks ever, just expected better.
In that regard, yes. I would have like to have seen the metal shock caps and metal spring collars that the ET48 and EB48 have, but they weren't deal breakers for me and have held up very well. I did replace the plastic caps on my MT410 with metal but I still have the plastic caps on my SCT410 and haven't had any issues.

Back