Tekno mt410

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Are the mt410 really that much better than the arrmas like everyone says or is it all just hype? I know they are more finely tuned but as a basher that doesn't matter to me but other than that are they really that much more durable? They sell quite a bit of upgrades for them so I'm thinking otherwise?

I would like to know as well. Looks like M2C racing makes a 4mm wide chassis and brace system.https://www.m2cracing.com/category....F7823774B97DA0.p3plqscsfapp003?categoryId=122 Rich Duperbash likes his but hedges when people ask him if its better then the Outcast on his you tube channel. Most likely for me the stock chassis would last a long time. I have one priced out at little over $700 with my Tower coupon, PL Shockwaves, body, Tactic radio gear and Arrmas BLX system which seems to be a good match.

I would like to know as well. Looks like M2C racing makes a 4mm wide chassis and brace system.https://www.m2cracing.com/category....F7823774B97DA0.p3plqscsfapp003?categoryId=122 Rich Duperbash likes his but hedges when people ask him if its better then the Outcast on his you tube channel. Most likely for me the stock chassis would last a long time. I have one priced out at little over $700 with my Tower coupon, PL Shockwaves, body, Tactic radio gear and Arrmas BLX system which seems to be a good match.
If you pick up your Arrma parts through Jennys RC, you might be able to save a few more bucks.

Yeah rich said that the arrmas are still his go to bashers before in his videos/ comments so that should tell us something. I really just like how light they can be with 4s running i have all the electronics and tires to complete one but just not sure if their worth it I'd rather buy another arrma for a good price and have double the electronics tires ect lol

If you pick up your Arrma parts through Jennys RC, you might be able to save a few more bucks.
yes, thanks, JRC is wonderful and they are here on the east coast. They get me stuff in like 2 days, wonderful service.

From what I hear, the Arrma Driveline (diffs and driveshafts) are tougher. The rest of the Tekno is put together with a level of quality that Arrma just can't match. But that quality comes with a big $$$.

I have a Tekno SCT410 that I picked up used, just finished rebuilding, have not run much. The rebuild process was wonderful, the truck goes together so nicely, everything is well though out, and the instructions are top knotch. BUT - Arrma diff access has me spoiled. I do not look forward to the day I must service the Tekno diffs. Arrma - 4 screws, 4 set screws, and the diff is out, 2 minutes tops. Tekno - gonna need half a day to tear down the whole truck to get the diff out.

From what I hear, the Arrma Driveline (diffs and driveshafts) are tougher. The rest of the Tekno is put together with a level of quality that Arrma just can't match. But that quality comes with a big $$$.

I have a Tekno SCT410 that I picked up used, just finished rebuilding, have not run much. The rebuild process was wonderful, the truck goes together so nicely, everything is well though out, and the instructions are top knotch. BUT - Arrma diff access has me spoiled. I do not look forward to the day I must service the Tekno diffs. Arrma - 4 screws, 4 set screws, and the diff is out, 2 minutes tops. Tekno - gonna need half a day to tear down the whole truck to get the diff out.
Yeah see that's exactly what i heard that they are a paiiin too work on and that's never fun when you gotta take apart the whole car to get to a diff

Yeah see that's exactly what i heard that they are a paiiin too work on and that's never fun when you gotta take apart the whole car to get to a diff
Arrma for me tekno is too expensive. Tekno still breaks the same way an arrma would. I’m talking basher vehicles racing is a different ball game

Arrma for me tekno is too expensive. Tekno still breaks the same way an arrma would. I’m talking basher vehicles racing is a different ball game
I've upgraded my outcast with all of voltage stuff it's a tank i can't see a techo being much tougher with plastic spur and shock caps and servo horn need upgrade right out of the box. It's just everyone i see talking about them say they are pretty much bullet proof if that was the case why so many upgrades available for them just like the arrma rigs. I still wouldn't mind trying a tekno i can't really knock it till i try it

Yes, I totally, 100% agree on the quick diffs of Arrma.

The other thing that I miss with Arrma when I work on my MT410 and SCT410.3 is that with Arrma the motor pinion is by the ESC and the motor hangs out the back. With Tekno the pinion is at the rear and the motor hangs towards the front, right by the ESC. So basically a 4074 is the largest motor that you can get in the Tekno without custom mounting the ESC where you can get a long can in the Kraton with stock mounting locations. I also believe that getting a larger ESC in the Arrma is easier as well.

From what I have been told by people that own both, when stock, the Tekno, hands down is better/stronger than the Arrma. But when both are fully upgraded with aftermarket parts that the Arrma is a little stronger. Mine are still mostly stock, and I can say that the Tekno is the better performer and stronger out of the box.

@Slicktmi I have upgraded the plastic shock caps and servo horn before I even finished assembly but the plastic spur is still going strong.

Yes, I totally, 100% agree on the quick diffs of Arrma.

The other thing that I miss with Arrma when I work on my MT410 and SCT410.3 is that with Arrma the motor pinion is by the ESC and the motor hangs out the back. With Tekno the pinion is at the rear and the motor hangs towards the front, right by the ESC. So basically a 4074 is the largest motor that you can get in the Tekno without custom mounting the ESC where you can get a long can in the Kraton with stock mounting locations. I also believe that getting a larger ESC in the Arrma is easier as well.

From what I have been told by people that own both, when stock, the Tekno, hands down is better/stronger than the Arrma. But when both are fully upgraded with aftermarket parts that the Arrma is a little stronger. Mine are still mostly stock, and I can say that the Tekno is the better performer and stronger out of the box.

@Slicktmi I have upgraded the plastic shock caps and servo horn before I even finished assembly but the plastic spur is still going strong.
Yeah i heard the spurs can last a while. How much lighter is the mt410 when it's loaded compared to the outcast

I watched a lot of videos and read up on both. Even with the military discount Tekno offers (which is great)...I still couldn't justify it.

By the time you buy all the parts needed, and the time to assemble..well..

They appear to be soo close in end functionality comparison that I went with a Notorious for $425 on sale, and spent the savings on a TBR front bumper, TBR wheelie bar, Eddy bearings, and an aluminum servo mount. TBR also offers a substantial military discount and was a pleasure to deal with.

The Tekno might have a slight advantage in the shock absorbers, and some other stuff on paper- but in the real world of just bouncing around and driving like an idiot it won't matter.

I don't see any limitations on the high end Arrma models- fast, durable, lots of aftermarket support.

Yea- fun video, but nothing that an Arrma won't do.

Watch it again and remember- the body, wheels, tires, motor, esc, sevo, etc- all come from somewhere else..

For the cost to buy what is basically a Tekno skeleton- you can have a complete ready to go Arrma that is 98% as good as a Tekno built for many hundreds more out of pocket.

@Slicktmi Tekno is a whole other beast compared to Arrma. Both companies make fine trucks. The huge selling point for Tekno is that they are a kit, which easily allows you to customize and build it how you want. Tekno has always been focused on racing first and high quality parts. They are, for the most part, built like tanks... really fast tanks that is.

It is their well known durability that has caught the attention of bashers and because of that Tekno has become even more popular.

That said they have their weaknesses as well. As @Jerry-rigged has mentioned, it's not uncommon for Tekno owners bashers to use Arrma dogbones etc because Arrma's are thicker (stronger). Most everyone doesn't care about the plastic shock caps or servo horns that they ship with either and nearly everyone replaces those right away - Tekno offers aluminum upgrades for both.

Tekno is also more expensive. Remember, Tekno is a racing company. Their parts tend to be higher quality and their research and design is much more detailed and longer. These types of details cost more.

If all you care about is beating a truck up that's pretty realiable then really you can't go wrong with an Arrma. If you want something that's stronger, built how you want to build it and higher quality then Tekno is one of the very few brands I'd suggest.

Head over to https://www.teknoforums.com/ and take a look around. There are tons of racers and bashers alike over there and are more than willing to answer any questions!

Yeah i heard the spurs can last a while. How much lighter is the mt410 when it's loaded compared to the outcast
Arrma site has the Outcast at 10 pounds 11 ounces and Tekno's website has the MT410 at 8 pounds 5 ounces when set up and ready to run. I do not have an Outcast or a scale for that matter so I cannot give you actual numbers of mine, and as also as @PowerDubs said, it's a kit so it's heavily dependent on the electronics and wheels that you choose. I do know that my MT410 is a little bit heavier than my Typhon with Badlands but way lighter than my Kraton.

Also as @PowerDubs said, when you add everything up the MT410 will be close to $800-900, unless you have been in the hobby for a number of years and already have spare motors, escs and everything. If you already have that stuff, it shouldn't be that much more expensive. I believe I did my MT410 for about $475 as I already had a spare BLX185 esc and motor, receiver and Backflip tires so all I needed was a servo and a body.

I am thinking of buying a MT410. Not sure I agree with the selling point that you can build it like you want. For what you pay for the kit you can buy an Arrma and still put what you want into it and sell the Arrma electronics. I do like the fact that it is a kit and would have fun building it myself.

I am thinking of buying a MT410. Not sure I agree with the selling point that you can build it like you want. For what you pay for the kit you can buy an Arrma and still put what you want into it and sell the Arrma electronics. I do like the fact that it is a kit and would have fun building it myself.
Building it like you like it would be a great selling point, if it was closer to a $350 kit instead of a $500 kit. Look at the Hobao cars - most of them are offered RTR or 80% kit - assembled, but clear body, tires not glued, and no electronics.
80% kit-
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGHGZ&P=SM
RTR-
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGHHA&P=SM

I wish Arrma would do this...

Building it like you like it would be a great selling point, if it was closer to a $350 kit instead of a $500 kit. Look at the Hobao cars - most of them are offered RTR or 80% kit - assembled, but clear body, tires not glued, and no electronics.
80% kit-
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGHGZ&P=SM
RTR-
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGHHA&P=SM

I wish Arrma would do this...
Re-reading my reply - I was talking more about Arrma with the 80% kits. I believe the Tekno's are priced about right. If you think of a Outcast "kit" at $350 - but then add upgrades like a good sliding motor mount, milled 7k-aluminum chassis and shock towers, premium shocks, CVD's front and rear, and a few other minor upgrades, the MT410 becomes a steal at $450.

Actually, it looks like Tower allows coupons for Tekno? So you could get that MT410 kit for closer to $400, if you are a SS member. (Does Tower still give good coupon codes to members? IDK, my membership ran out.)

Back