Tekno mt410

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• received_430149410878928.jpeg
    received_430149410878928.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 168
  • received_808285952903829.jpeg
    received_808285952903829.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 185
  • received_652571465194725.jpeg
    received_652571465194725.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 180
  • received_2080744268700497.jpeg
    received_2080744268700497.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 186
looks good!!!! such a beautiful truck very clean build! wish they weren't quite so expensive, a bit above my budget to get one lol.
I only bought it cause of the ebay coupon came out to 380$ and then bought the m2c parts with the cash i saved so I'm about 580$ deep with everything not bad id say

I only bought it cause of the ebay coupon came out to 380$ and then bought the m2c parts with the cash i saved so I'm about 580$ deep with everything not bad id say
not bad at all! have a few projects going on so dont really have free funds lol. thats 580 with the esc/motor combo too?

not bad at all! have a few projects going on so dont really have free funds lol. thats 580 with the esc/motor combo too?
It could've been that much if i bought that instead of all the m2c stuff and a couple other aluminum and steel spur but i had the motor and esc from an old arrma the 580 was for the mt, aluminum center diff mount, aluminum front steering plate cover, m2c go big braces, m2c center chassis brace, m2c rear brace and a steel spur

Arrma site has the Outcast at 10 pounds 11 ounces and Tekno's website has the MT410 at 8 pounds 5 ounces when set up and ready to run. I do not have an Outcast or a scale for that matter so I cannot give you actual numbers of mine, and as also as @PowerDubs said, it's a kit so it's heavily dependent on the electronics and wheels that you choose. I do know that my MT410 is a little bit heavier than my Typhon with Badlands but way lighter than my Kraton.

Also as @PowerDubs said, when you add everything up the MT410 will be close to $800-900, unless you have been in the hobby for a number of years and already have spare motors, escs and everything. If you already have that stuff, it shouldn't be that much more expensive. I believe I did my MT410 for about $475 as I already had a spare BLX185 esc and motor, receiver and Backflip tires so all I needed was a servo and a body.
How fast is a mt410 with the Arrma electronics?

How fast is a mt410 with the Arrma electronics?
I don't have a gps speed sensor or anything, so I don't really have any way of measuring it. I was impressed with the speed and torque on 4s though but it also pretty light for what it is. 6s I couldn't go full throttle without pulling wheelies at any speed. The smallest pinion I could get on the MT410 was a 15t though, which kind of sucks if you want to run a higher KV motor.

Yes, I totally, 100% agree on the quick diffs of Arrma.

The other thing that I miss with Arrma when I work on my MT410 and SCT410.3 is that with Arrma the motor pinion is by the ESC and the motor hangs out the back. With Tekno the pinion is at the rear and the motor hangs towards the front, right by the ESC. So basically a 4074 is the largest motor that you can get in the Tekno without custom mounting the ESC where you can get a long can in the Kraton with stock mounting locations. I also believe that getting a larger ESC in the Arrma is easier as well.

From what I have been told by people that own both, when stock, the Tekno, hands down is better/stronger than the Arrma. But when both are fully upgraded with aftermarket parts that the Arrma is a little stronger. Mine are still mostly stock, and I can say that the Tekno is the better performer and stronger out of the box.

@Slicktmi I have upgraded the plastic shock caps and servo horn before I even finished assembly but the plastic spur is still going strong.
Beings you have a tekno mt410 and sct410 could you tell me if the chassis is the same on both i just purchased a mt410 withno chassis in thr kit so I'm looking to buy a chassis but when searching for one on tekno website for the mt410 the only one that comes up is the one for the sct410 I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but this is my first tekno vehicle. Thanks in advance

Beings you have a tekno mt410 and sct410 could you tell me if the chassis is the same on both i just purchased a mt410 withno chassis in thr kit so I'm looking to buy a chassis but when searching for one on tekno website for the mt410 the only one that comes up is the one for the sct410 I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but this is my first tekno vehicle. Thanks in advance
According to the manual for both they both use TKR5288 for the chassis number. I might have the chance to check closer tonight to make sure but the manuals list the same part numbers. Also, don't feel bad about asking the question. It's not a dumb question at all, especially when the chassis plates are as expensive as they are.

According to the manual for both they both use TKR5288 for the chassis number. I might have the chance to check closer tonight to make sure but the manuals list the same part numbers. Also, don't feel bad about asking the question. It's not a dumb question at all, especially when the chassis plates are as expensive as they are.
Wow thanks for the super quick response and the help and if you do get a chance to take a closer look that would be great ill be ordering the chassis either late tonight or early tomorrow.

And one more thing the chassis part number I'm getting is tkr 5001 i guess this was the orinial 7075 cnc chassis is that correct i assume the 5288 was an upgraded chassis

am a noob bought a Arrma Granite BLX really bit me hard and a few weeks later got and build an MT410. Finished it about a month ago. Built a ramp and been jumping like you would not believe. Finally got the knack for the break and throttle in the air, very very cool feeling to flip it forward and backwards. I love both of these don't get me wrong and they can't be compared. But know that I have busted adn fixed the Granite more times than I remember. The MT410 I had to clean many times and the body is already mostly trashed. The MT410 is a dam tank and there's absolutely no slop. LOVE IT ! ! ! To me well worth the money adn building it makes you and expert in fixing it when it fails . . . so my hip hip hurraty to Tekno for the MT410. Might get an expensive Arrma after all and compare but not for a while, am almost broke ;)

am a noob bought a Arrma Granite BLX really bit me hard and a few weeks later got and build an MT410. Finished it about a month ago. Built a ramp and been jumping like you would not believe. Finally got the knack for the break and throttle in the air, very very cool feeling to flip it forward and backwards. I love both of these don't get me wrong and they can't be compared. But know that I have busted adn fixed the Granite more times than I remember. The MT410 I had to clean many times and the body is already mostly trashed. The MT410 is a dam tank and there's absolutely no slop. LOVE IT ! ! ! To me well worth the money adn building it makes you and expert in fixing it when it fails . . . so my hip hip hurraty to Tekno for the MT410. Might get an expensive Arrma after all and compare but not for a while, am almost broke ;)

To bad they didn't make the drive shafts more beefy I've bent more driveshafts than i can count on my mt410 I'm probably gonna do the arrma driveshaft upgrade to it eventuality but since the kraton exb came out my mt410 hasn't got much use the exb is the new king of 1/8th scale bashing

Yeah, they do and I got my tekno mt410 for 400. I put mitch's braces on but kept the original chassis. I've been bashing for just 8 months or so. started with a Arrma granite blx and then got the tekno. Only got these two but the tekno is far superior in every way. Like it's been said the instructions, contents and ultimate results are very rewarding experiences. I live in Culver City and so freakin frustrated cause I can't find a track or anything other than parks and baseball fields. Somebody needs to open a track nearby or something. I built a ramp and have had to repair the granite a few times haven't been able to break the mt410 yet.

Personally I'd get the 410 for the experience of building it first and foremost, second would be the design of the platform, and last would be the quality..Overall that truck is going to be more stabile and fun to drive than an Outkast...And why go buy and Arrma only to rip the electronics out and put what you want in it, Id just assume buy what I want and call it a day. I am not saying one is better than the other it's really just what are you looking to do, build one or get a RTR. If you want to build one then the 410 is the better choice and probably cheaper in the long run if all you plan to do is upgrade the Arrma. Lastly, there will be parts of each that are better than the other, dog bones arrma, chassis parts 410.

There is no question the 410 is a better MT design, but it really comes down to what you want to do. Not everyone wants to sit around and build one of these things.

BTW I believe the bent drive shaft are caused by necessary flex on the chassis (guess you are really jumping. Anyway, put the m2c (mitch) brace on it and you I don't think you'll bent drive shafts.

My first was an Arrma Granite BLX 3S. I love it! I have broken it and fixed it more time than I can remember and enjoyed every crash! A few months later I got an Tekno MT410. So that's the entirety of my inventory. I broken the Tekno once or twice extremely rugged, extremely well made it's really an 1/8 scale. The two are completely different and I would not have been able to appreciate all of the Tekno superior design and handling stability. Looking for another but can't find another manufacturer other than Tekno that has the Tekno quality. Any suggestions? BTW I have trenchers on my mt410 and flips in the air like crazy!~

Back