So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't run them quite yet but I am charging two 1/24 batteries. My 6 year old granddaughter is coming over and she loves playing with them.
I figure we would turn the farm animal set into a crawler course. ;) Run over a few pigs and cows.

My 6 year old granddaughter did really well with the crawlers this time. We set up a little course with the plastic farm animals as the cones so she could learn how to steer and throttle at the same time.
She did great. Next time I'll video it.

My 6 year old granddaughter did really well with the crawlers this time. We set up a little course with the plastic farm animals as the cones so she could learn how to steer and throttle at the same time.
She did great. Next time I'll video it.
Another precious memory made!

Ran both the Baja and Xmaxx with a thumbs down. The air cleaner I bought for it is the wrong one so it wouldn't stay on. Not good to run without it especially in the sand. I also lost the connector for the manifold and exhaust pipe.
The Xmaxx blew I spur I believe. I haven't opened it up yet but I did run it for about 10 minutes.

Ran both the Baja and Xmaxx with a thumbs down. The air cleaner I bought for it is the wrong one so it wouldn't stay on. Not good to run without it especially in the sand. I also lost the connector for the manifold and exhaust pipe.
The Xmaxx blew I spur I believe. I haven't opened it up yet but I did run it for about 10 minutes.
Sounds like one of my typical outings lol

This is one of the reasons I find crawling more appealing: significantly lower chance of carnage.
........but, power sliding, throwing dirt, and catching air certainly does have it's great appeal as well 😉

I ran the rustler with the new system Monday and Tuesday after school with the SMC 2s batteries with the 5mm bullets. I bent a shock shaft on the stock rear shock. I have a extra big bore shock for it but I had been trying to get the shock end off to put a new one on. And this reminds me I should rebuild the shocks on the rustler and slash. My new rx/tx should be coming in tonight from Amazon. I got the radio with 2 receivers so ill put 1 in the rustler and then the other in the mini b and ill just need to buy another one for the slash. I am keeping the stock TQ radios just in case.
I got the radiolink rc4gs v3. I was between this 4 channel and the other radiolink 6 channel one. With the 6 channel one I really don't see why I would need since I really don't use any extra channels for like a winch, LED lights, transponders or extra fans. The interface is the same between the 4 channel and the 6 channel. I didn't get a rechargeable battery yet so I'm just going to be running with the 6 AA's for a week or so.

"ran" the TRX4 for a couple minutes this morning to make sure I had recentered the servo when I re-installed it.

SMT10 survived running its first backyard monster truck event today. Here she is after the event with transport tires mounted for shelf storage. 'AC'

View attachment 153654

Well at least you took the radio. Me, forgot it once. Noticed it straightaway after arrival at the site. Looking forward to the vids when they come up. Glad you had a good run. Cheers. 'AC'

LOL. I packed up the TRX4, Gen 8, Vorteks and Rustler, my tool/spares box, and the radios and headed down to my friends property 1.5 hours away to hang out and play with the trucks. An hour into the drive I had a tourettes outburst when I realized I left my lipo bag sitting in the garage.

Buddy doesn't know much about RC and was like "what type of batteries do they take? I've got quite a few.". :confused:

Ran Biggie through the leaves this evening. 😁 ✌️
20221019_161407.jpg
20221019_161221.jpg
20221019_161513.jpg
20221019_160916_1.gif

I fixed the Xmaxx, the spur and pinion was just fine. When I got down to the cush gears, they were really stuffed with dirt so it was binding.
I went ahead and tore it completely down and cleaned it all up. She is ready rock and roll. I also went up from a 16/50 to 17/50 pinion and spur just to get me there a little faster.... :D
This is one of the reasons I find crawling more appealing: significantly lower chance of carnage.
........but, power sliding, throwing dirt, and catching air certainly does have it's great appeal as well 😉
Oh without a doubt bud. I would much rather take the crawlers out.
I have a small pile of firewood sitting in the driveway so I think I'm going to toss it in the back yard and make a little crawler course.

Went to the race track and set up my pit and started practicing and chatting with the owner and he said he had to go. I asked why ? He said I am here on the wrong night and racing is next Wednesday. Haha🤤
A couple of years ago, I got the date to a Halloween party mixed up, and showed up in costume......a week early 🙄
Luckily, nobody was home 🤣