So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of years ago, I got the date to a Halloween party mixed up, and showed up in costume......a week early 🙄
Luckily, nobody was home 🤣
Just imagine this at your front door after nightfall
1031201809a.jpg

We found a new really cool place to run today. It is a little open bike park with a small bike track with jumps and berms.
Dusty as all get out though.
The Erevo ran perfect but the Xmaxx not so much. I am having issues with the gears that I can't figure out. It will run for a little bit and then act like I stripped the pinion or something.
When I open it up, it looks just fine. I fire it back up again and hit the throttle and it took off like it's supposed to but soon spun the gears again.
I ordered a cush gear eliminator just to see if that's the problem. I can't see anything which is what puzzles me.

We found a new really cool place to run today. It is a little open bike park with a small bike track with jumps and berms.
Dusty as all get out though.
The Erevo ran perfect but the Xmaxx not so much. I am having issues with the gears that I can't figure out. It will run for a little bit and then act like I stripped the pinion or something.
When I open it up, it looks just fine. I fire it back up again and hit the throttle and it took off like it's supposed to but soon spun the gears again.
I ordered a cush gear eliminator just to see if that's the problem. I can't see anything which is what puzzles me.

New places are always fun. I went and ran the TRX4 at my normal spot on Saturday. Just me and the river for over an hour. Didn't see anyone until I was driving back to the FJ to load up. Guy walking his dog was passing and was like "wow that's cool.". We talked for a few minutes, he was about my age and played when he was younger. I was telling him how far the tech had come and he was shocked that I had been running for almost 1.5 hours on the same pack. Didn't even kill it I just started getting cold fingers. It was still at around 3.9 per cell when I stopped.

I just took the cush gear apart and it definitely needs rebuilt. The rubber cushion ring or what ever you call it was in about 4 pieces. The Cush eliminator will replace all of that.

Retired the R1E today with a final series of run sets. Two calibration runs and ten sets of two speed runs in each direction. She laid down a total of twenty-two flawless runs. No drama. Last run set I fudged on and backed off to 75% power. Wasn't about to let myself doing something dumb on the final two runs.

She clocked a best speed 75.27kph (46.7mph). This over a rolling start 132ft course. Changed ESC settings after runs earlier in the month and lost 3mph. Oh well. She tracked so stable that the fun overcame the slower speed.

This puts paid to a chassis built in 2005 for RC drag racing bracket class. Best speed she put up back then was 31.5mph. But in her defense that was a different type of racing. She goes out a trooper after seventeen years. Guess in 1/10 scale RC years, that would be aged 170?

Forgot to snap any images, so did a green screen of her final final after getting back to the shop. Cheers. 'AC'

20221105_153418_resize RCT.jpg

I didn't really feel much like RC this year. I've been distracted by 2 other hobbies. I got back into firearms, and joined the town's shooting club. I also got really into cornhole, and have been spending a lot of time improving my skills.
Recently, with all the talk of the TRX4M, it has started rekindling my wanting to play with my crawlers again. While working around the yard this weekend, I also cleaned off my 2 crawling courses. After the sun went down, I got my SCX24 C10 onto the Pond course. Today, right around dusk, I got the C10 onto the Cliff course.
It was in the upper 30's today, but strong wind really made it cold! Regardless, I did enjoy crawling even with freezing fingers. Well, at least there were no annoying biting insects.
I'm in no hurry, but I am planning to grab the TRX4M white Bronco whenever it becomes available. I'm not a prebuy type of guy, so I'll just wait. Also, want that cool little trailer as well.
1120221632a.jpg
1120221637.jpg

Last edited:
I ran my slash today in this 30 degree weather. 3 battery packs and survived so that's good. I really don't film me driving since I don't got me a film person or somewhere to mount my phone while driving. Maybe i will see if someone can 3d print me a phone mount for my radio?
PXL_20221120_154652024.jpg

Lowered the suspension and body mount so it can handle better. Which it is.
Well I didn't break anything but one of the rear tires came unglued. I like the anaconda tires but they are just wide for the short course and the outside rubs on the body. Might get sct street tires soon. Also the new 272R transmission I put in it is running smooth and a little bit quieter.

I ran my slash today in this 30 degree weather. 3 battery packs and survived so that's good. I really don't film me driving since I don't got me a film person or somewhere to mount my phone while driving. Maybe i will see if someone can 3d print me a phone mount for my radio?
I don't have a camera person either. I just use my phone, a tripod, and a simple editing app. Nothing great, but it's something kinda fun to do.

Took out the new XRT today! Popped in a max 5 esc and the high speed gearing. It's a beast. Gonna take some figuring out to find the best setup if you wanna do flips or such. It's solid on the ground and just as solid in the air. Put some larger tires on but didn't really offer much difference. I'm gonna put the smaller pinion on and leave the 46 tooth spur and see if that gives me the Xtra torque for the air attack. It really does take the hits though. I really tested that out thoroughly today! Its planted like three Kraton 8s but as durable as an Xmaxx. I think it's a great truck/truggy for anyone that wants a big and well rounded rig. It can go plenty fast, get tons of air and is easy to drive and hard to go easy. 😵‍💫

Took a quick run in the backyard this evening with Reaper . I've starting to get the itch to run my 1/10 crawlers again. I may have to satisfy that itch this weekend.
0606211629.jpg

Took a quick run in the backyard this evening with Reaper . I've starting to get the itch to run my 1/10 crawlers again. I may have to satisfy that itch this weekend.View attachment 156319
I want that truck in teal. They had the kit for $250 last week of October and again in November on the axial site.

I like teal! So, yeah, do it, Man!
Ill get right on it. Whats your card numbers again? 😂😁

Next year I'm buying my old man a axial base camp and Ill buy my 10.3 at the same time. Then I gotta figure out how to get an xmaxx, jato, f250, and f450.

I try to keep up with the Joneses. You guys are killing me.

Spent time catching up on the Rustler today. Changed it's model number on the radio, so did a re-bind on the receiver and re-cal on the ESC. After a street test, took her to the back yard track for some laps.

Even after raking the track. she still picked up a chassis full of pine needles. No fire hazard, though. TH setting at 50%. Both ESC and motor were stone cold after running through a full pack. Great start to the new RC year. 'AC'

20230101_145301_resize RCT.jpg

20230101_150722_resize RCT.jpg

Spent time catching up on the Rustler today. Changed it's model number on the radio, so did a re-bind on the receiver and re-cal on the ESC. After a street test, took her to the back yard track for some laps.

Even after raking the track. she still picked up a chassis full of pine needles. No fire hazard, though. TH setting at 50%. Both ESC and motor were stone cold after running through a full pack. Great start to the new RC year. 'AC'

View attachment 157689

View attachment 157690
Love the paint scheme on that body!