So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quoting Xraycer] 'Love the paint scheme on that body!'

Ha. Thanks, X. It's a splinter scheme repro from a full-size desert racer. Professionally painted.

I call it the 'Apocalypse ST.' Didn't know it when I commissioned it, but it has the colors of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Also, it's a really hard paint scheme to sticker-so she stays pretty much a 'slick.' :D

Cheers. 'AC'

20230101_142222_resize RCT.jpg

Last edited:
[quoting Xraycer] 'Love the paint scheme on that body!'

Ha. Thanks, X. It's a splinter scheme repro from a full-size desert racer. Professionally painted.

I call it the 'Apocalypse ST.' Didn't know it when I commissioned it, but it has the colors of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Also, it's a really hard paint scheme to sticker-so she stays pretty much a 'slick.' :D

Cheers. 'AC'

View attachment 157717
That paint scheme while cool simultaneously makes me want to have a seizure. 🤣

Got the Savage 4.6 out today...after about three years of sitting! Wouldn't you know it, the Dynamite Big Red .28 sparked to life on the second pull! Decided to take it easy on the first tank, though. Ran it rich, quarter throttle for 3-5 seconds a clip, basically breaking the engine in again. Man, I missed the smell and sound of nitro! May run another tank after the Winter Classic!

Got the Savage 4.6 out today...after about three years of sitting! Wouldn't you know it, the Dynamite Big Red .28 sparked to life on the second pull! Decided to take it easy on the first tank, though. Ran it rich, quarter throttle for 3-5 seconds a clip, basically breaking the engine in again. Man, I missed the smell and sound of nitro! May run another tank after the Winter Classic!
Gotta love it when an engine that's been sitting dormant for years, roars back to life with little efforts!

I have an AE MGT 8.0 that's been sitting on a shelf for 10 years, just waiting for me, to get my s*** together and fire it back it back up 🙄

Gotta love it when an engine that's been sitting dormant for years, roars back to life with little efforts!

I have an AE MGT 8.0 that's been sitting on a shelf for 10 years, just waiting for me, to get my s*** together and fire it back it back up 🙄
Never knew you had a nitro! Might need to make an offer on it this summer. 😶😃

The 8.0 is a badass truck.

Ran the rustler for 3 battery packs today and that was my day today. Nothing broke on the rustler. Just a rear tire coming unglued and the ESC not sticking to the double sided tape. After inspecting the buggy I have no idea how I managed to crack a wheel already.
PXL_20230102_221617070.jpg

Never knew you had a nitro! Might need to make an offer on it this summer. 😶😃

The 8.0 is a badass truck.
Yep. I also have a Duratrax Warhead with a dead engine and a new in the box Losi Mega Baja. I'm sure I'll get back into nitro one of these days.

Ran the rustler for 3 battery packs today and that was my day today. Nothing broke on the rustler. Just a rear tire coming unglued and the ESC not sticking to the double sided tape. After inspecting the buggy I have no idea how I managed to crack a wheel already. View attachment 157739
Perhaps running it against a curb?

Ran my Traxxas Maxx on 4s today, and yesterday. Off and on rain here, so I beat on the Maxx. Wheelies, slides, spins, top end charges, you name it. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Hit a mailbox post at prob 25 or 30 mph and popped the FR spindle out. Fixed it and rolling again.

Ran my Traxxas Maxx on 4s today, and yesterday. Off and on rain here, so I beat on the Maxx. Wheelies, slides, spins, top end charges, you name it. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Hit a mailbox post at prob 25 or 30 mph and popped the FR spindle out. Fixed it and rolling again.

Slippery roads equal RC fun!

Found an absolutely primo spot for RC speed runs on grass. Local Lions club. One hardball field and two softball fields. Hardball outfield will support 132ft timed runs. Softball outfield, 66ft timed runs. That's with controlling the run from the center, so overall 264ft and 132ft level and flat. Prep grass. Not too long and no trash. No trees, curbs or mailboxes either. Only 1 1/2 mile from home. A dream come true.

Ran 66ft timed test runs on the softball outfield today. Two cones in the image mark run center at 66ft each way.

Blew through a 2s pack on the MT10 with the fresh 3800Kv/80A ESC install. Mostly interested in how the AE knob tires worked on grass. A.O.K. If you look closely, you can see tracks in the grass where the tires were getting purchase rather than riding atop the turf. 50kph/35mph runs arrow straight. Now the real fun begins. Time now for gearing up and chassis adjusts. Maybe even 3s down the road. Dunno. 'AC'

20230113_143942_resize RCT.jpg

20230113_144515_resize RCT.jpg

I ran my brand new as of this morning. Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 Mustang. It’s all race prepped with springs droop screws and a metal servo gear upgrade. I took it to the oval to test and it’s a blast to drive. Tomorrow is the first race of a new track and it’s ready to rumble.

8FDCF77F-B69C-473A-95BB-06F54084F02A.jpeg

I wish my local on road track did 4tec. That would be nice to get into racing instead of building a on road xray or yokomo.
How do the stock tires on there hook up on carpet?

I wish my local on road track did 4tec. That would be nice to get into racing instead of building a on road xray or yokomo.
How do the stock tires on there hook up on carpet?
They are OK not perfect BUT the oval carpet is old and soaked in tire prep. I did sand and soup them and the front is stuck but it’s tail happy. Totally controllable and super fun to drift and slide. Next Tuesday the shop will have USGT tires and they are supposed to be much better.

Found an absolutely primo spot for RC speed runs on grass. Local Lions club. One hardball field and two softball fields. Hardball outfield will support 132ft timed runs. Softball outfield, 66ft timed runs. That's with controlling the run from the center, so overall 264ft and 132ft level and flat. Prep grass. Not too long and no trash. No trees, curbs or mailboxes either. Only 1 1/2 mile from home. A dream come true.

Ran 66ft timed test runs on the softball outfield today. Two cones in the image mark run center at 66ft each way.

Blew through a 2s pack on the MT10 with the fresh 3800Kv/80A ESC install. Mostly interested in how the AE knob tires worked on grass. A.O.K. If you look closely, you can see tracks in the grass where the tires were getting purchase rather than riding atop the turf. 50kph/35mph runs arrow straight. Now the real fun begins. Time now for gearing up and chassis adjusts. Maybe even 3s down the road. Dunno. 'AC'

View attachment 158262

View attachment 158263
Gotta love when you find an awesome spot, even better when it's close to home! 😍

Today I ran my pan car an my legend and my RJ speed modified. Total race weekend at two different tracks I had 18 races including mains and qualifying heats. With five different cars I podiumed five times and got two first place finishes. Now I’m taking the week off to recover.

38685E1A-0CF1-4FD2-98A3-F6907886ED86.jpeg

57700C3B-42CF-4CD6-88EE-79160FE16075.jpeg

554BD208-388B-4B86-8A8D-66930B1D8FD8.jpeg

B993C789-29A1-4EEA-965A-C40865703A4D.jpeg

7235901B-B2DC-48DC-885D-2285CAD14753.jpeg

The road race was not planned at all. They finished the track and needed to get the timing working so two days before the race someone called me and said they needed people to race so they can work out the bugs in the timing system and computer.

Today I ran my pan car an my legend and my RJ speed modified. Total race weekend at two different tracks I had 18 races including mains and qualifying heats. With five different cars I podiumed five times and got two first place finishes. Now I’m taking the week off to recover.

View attachment 158423

View attachment 158424

View attachment 158425

View attachment 158426

View attachment 158427
I don't know how you can keep track of tuning and maint. On all those guys since you've started racing, I'd be lost 🤪