new truck (raptor)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very much like a Savage. I wonder what the differences will be between the 2?

I did'nt even read any more because it looks like a savage.
Even if I like it, I would get it with all the other trucks coming out right now like (LOSI LST, CEN GENESIS, and the REVO) man that truck may not stand a chance in hell right now. LOL

"270cc Flip-top fuel tank" Wow thats a big tank this truck looks neat!

Originally posted by hb1111
i wonder who the manufacter is?

Power Racing Products, the same company that sells the Swift 1/8 buggy.

Let's see here, hmm bigger engine, better radio, less price? I think they stand a VERY good chance in the MT market. They proved themselves by jumping head first into the 1/8th scale buggy market. I'm impressed their equipment and more impressed with their support. Time will tell.

Will those lower arms work on my savage so i can run buggy shocks too?

Damn this strikes a chord like the Magicwheel and the Tmaxx.

I mean look at this shot of it
raptormain.jpg

Pretty damn close

It does look good though. Kinda like the MGT is what the TMAXX should have been. This very well could be a strong contender in the MT field. Time will only tell. This is the first I have heard of it. The suspension is impressive as with the large output engine.

Jon

It looks to me like they took the Savage and made some of the 'little' things better to me. A slightly juiced up Savage if you will. For less!!

Hmmmm.....

The thoughts.

I posted something about this in April. I spoke to Wagnerov via aim about this truck. It's a little larger than the savage. Comes with a .27 and will have 6 1/2 inch tall tires and a slightly longer wheelbase.

Yes, just as Christian said, they took off all the things they didn't like about the savage and made it better to their standards. This truck will be RTR and out the door for around $399. AIM Wagnerov about this truck. I am waiting for this truck to come out just to see what the differences are. There will be a distributer here close to me, so I shouldn't have too many probs concerning parts.

Original thread

Last edited:
As I sit here in China, the first shipment just went out the door and should be in the states after a nice slow boat trip sometime in mid-to-late June. I think Schumacher in England will be getting the Raptor in July or August, although I can't really speak for them.

RTR for $399....that's a pretty dang good price for a 1/8 MT with a .27 and big tires! Looks good, but we'll have to wait and see.

Wagnerov, how does the truck perform? Anything that might want to be upgraded straight from the box?

The truck should be available late June/early July. We will have parts available for all hobbyshops that are authorized dealers with power racing products. As for parts availibility, that depends on your LHS. The parts will be available but they have to order the parts for you guys. From what I heard overseas, the testing/bashing sessions went great ( especially in the hands of Cams ). I look forward in helping you with your raptor and your thoughts. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Since this seems to be a re-done Savage, will most of the Savage parts fit?

Id love to buy one because it has some of the main "suggested" Savage hop-ups already in place, for the same price as the SS kit. But if I can't get parts, I dont think Id have a good time, something always breaks.

-Chris

This truck is out now. I saw it at acehardwarehobbies.

chrisexv6 said:
Since this seems to be a re-done Savage, will most of the Savage parts fit?

Id love to buy one because it has some of the main "suggested" Savage hop-ups already in place, for the same price as the SS kit. But if I can't get parts, I dont think Id have a good time, something always breaks.

-Chris

Chris: There are no parts from a savage that will bolt onto the raptor.

Except for pipe, tires, wheels, and body. The 270cc fuel tank will be a close fit, and with some dremel work, might fit the Savage.