losi lst problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woods2004

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a losi lst that does not move hardley i rev the engine up and it moves a little bit i checked the diffs, and tranny nothing seems wrong but i can tell i held the spur gear with my hand and the truck was in forward drive and i pushed it backwatds and it griped then u can hear a pop and it lets go and then starts to grip again and this is with the truck off? can anyone help me i just replaced it with carbon shoes the engine is a mach 427.

My guess is that you put the clutch shoes on backwards. It could also be your slipper, but my money is on the shoes on backwards.

losi lst problems

i have where the shoes face the front of the truck the point of the shoes are towards the front thay are going clokwise

You aren't using an aftershock two speed mechanism are you?

I had a very similar issue with my aftershock when my LRP28 was starting to lay down power during break in. I found out that the ring that the two speed shoes rub on was distorting because of the torque the engine was putting out as it slammed into second gear. Then it second gear would be stuck and permanently engaged. Having both first gear and second stuck engaged causes problems... a very similar problem to what your having.

It could also be your brakes... depending on what the brakes are on the LST. The LST2 has fiber brake pads. I'm not sure if the LST1 had steel disks and pads like the aftershock does. Those were a source of serious binding for me as well.

losi lst problems

i have the metal brakes but not binding up i just rev the engine it moves very slow and just does not act like it is getting any power o can put it up in the air and have all the power i want but when on the groung it just does not want to do nothing u said the ring u mean the clutch bell?

Sounds like your clutch shoes may be glazed and you need to scuff the surface so it has more grip to the clutchbell. OR your Slipper clutch is too loose which then you would have tighten the slipper nut clockwise.

Have you checked either of these yet?

losi lst problems

i have the spur gears all the way tight i have not tried the scruffing up the shoes should i just use sand paper

i have the spur gears all the way tight i have not tried the scruffing up the shoes should i just use sand paper

Use fine sand paper and do it lightly. You just want to remove the haze off the shoes. Also do the same with the clutchbell but remove the bearings FIRST BEFORE!

losi lst problems

k i tried that nothing happens the spur gear spins but nothing else just sits there but when in air evrything spins good

the shoes are going clockwise

losi lst problems

if i spin one tire in the air by hand aint all four supose to move no mater witch way i spin that one tire because thay bont in less its not in gear right now

Check your one way bearing inside the spur of first gear. If its in gear and you roll it backwards it should stay engaged not "then u can hear a pop and it lets go" If you look at your manual its part #LOSB3410

There shouldn't be any pop you should be turning against the one way bearing so it should just engage and no noise, if the clutch shoes are ok then I'd have a look at the bearing, i messed up that part # btw that one I put was the LST2 one way bearing. Have a look at your manual and make sure its installed the right way.

losi lst problems

well i can hold the spur gear with my hand and it is in forward off of course and i push it backwards and i grabs grabs and then u hear a pop

I would take both spurs off of the trans input shaft, take the screws that hold the bearing to the inside of the first gear spur. Take the one way bearing out (found it part #LOSB3409) and note its orientation and which way it was on the shaft, the bearing alone back on the shaft, if you spin it clockwise it should smoothly and pretty much instantly grab the shaft and hold hard on the shaft but if you spin it the opposite way it should just spin on the shaft. If its working the way it should your problem lies elsewhere, If its reversed just flip it over and problem solved, if its slipping or the bearing is crunchy then replace it. I'd post up pics but I have an lst2:\

That's a good call Coach, except the OWB your linked too is for the aftershock two speed. I haven't run into that problem yet, but it does sound feasible.

This is the two speed OWB assembly: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB3410

It might be a good idea to also replace this:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB3401

That's what the OWB spins on. If it's worn, a new OWB will only work for a little while, then it will slip too. Like a pull starter does.

losi lst problems finnaly fixed

:surrender:second_place::bow::boxing::puke::LoL::)i finally the got it working the dogbones some how were not hitting the shafts that make them spin even as tight as thay are and i had lock tight on it it still moved some how but not no more. thanks for ur help people

Back