Losi LST #2 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

D3MON

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing
have some of those (think the proline versions) on my MGT, was debating throwing my 17mm hexes on the MGT and using the PL 23mm adapters on the LST, or just get another set of 23mm adapters and get another set of 23mm rims and tires. i love the mashers, but not as good of grip as I've grown to like.
my only gripe with going 23mm is that it seems it is going obsolete for most of the newer tires. but lots of stock online though so i dont know if its enough to worry about.

D3MON

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing
not too much progress to report, got the screws i needed of the correct length, so have replaced the screws i had in to hold it together, got the upper hinge pin brace from my LHS, a stub axle, some misc hardware (5-40 screws are a PITA to find), and some clutch shoes and springs for the clutchbell, got some of the other pieces ordered including the shock hardware set and steering bellcrank assembly. its really weird being able to get parts ordered through my LHS, instead of everything being online only or NOS if they have it.

also ordered the flywheel kit (i had the flywheel with the purchase, but did not receive the nut), the missing turnbuckle, and the throttle brake linkage.
down to needing:
- transmission and 2 speed assembly,
- diffs front and read
- servo mount assembly
- servos
- tires and wheels, (atm have a set of T-maxx wheels and tires just as placeholders.)
- wanting to upgrade to RC Raven Springs probably order 2 sets.

still to decide on
- Steering setup- single servo setup? or stick with dual? thinking either getting some 20kg servo, or something at least 350+ oz/in torque spec, and converting to single, or get two (probably Hitec HS646WP or HS 5645mg) and go standard setup. i thik running dial super high torque servos would be overkill, and just drain battery faster and probably break stuff if any binds occur.
also just realized that the stock servos (ZR590M) only produce 85 oz/in of torque, which kind of surprises me for how well they work to turn this thing.
- engine - still indecisive on what route to go, see a few mach .26 engines for sale and have been loving that one so far, but kind of want to try something new out as well, including maybe a Novarossi truggy 28-8 possibly? right around 220$.
but i have time to decide.

Last edited:

D3MON

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing
ur making me want another lst even more lmao
lol you know you want to! ;) few there on ebay, is an LST1 for around 230$, they call it an aftershock, but it is definitely LST1, has forward/reverse trans, with HI/LO, has blue shocks, and the blue head mach .26 engine. probably would have been cheaper for me to start with something like that or a roller from a few of the groups I'm in, but the build is just so fun and addicting.

i think eventually i am going to be updating to LST2 hubs, arms, axles, and carriers on this, either that or swap my other LST original components over, and have a true original LST1, and then build my other up.