Losi LST #2 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, recently took on another project and wanted to do a build write up on it.
on one of the FB RC groups I'm on i ran into a gentleman that had a bunch of parts to build a Losi LST, and being that i have 2 of mostly all my other Nitro trucks i decided i wanted to continue with that.

he had a slider or pretty much bags of parts, given i really enjoy the build process, i decided to go for the parts and to build up as if it were a kit.
received the parts, and got to work cleaning the pieces:
View attachment 120580
after assessing what all i would need next i started putting it together, most of the items are mocked up at this point, there were a few pieces that i needed to hold things together, and i have very few screws at the moment. for now i have my old HPI S25 engine mocked up on it, compression is low on the engine, so i am kind of torn on what to do with it.
either
A) send out to get a repinching service on it,
B) find new piston /sleeve, and bearings and rebuild,
C) get a new engine entirely, thinking maybe a "Big Red", Dynamite .26 mach 2 "truggy", possibly if i can afford it, a Novarossi legend 28, or maybe even try to find a Losi/Dynamite Mach .26 from the original. (other ideas/recommendations welcome.)
it has been a really really long time since I've ran that engine (13 years give or take?), and dont honestly know how much power those had or really much of anything, i got it on my first MGT, and realized the compression was weak early on so got a new one engine and put this in storage.
View attachment 120590
ordered some of the chassis parts when i had received it.
View attachment 120582
for some reason my parts bag was missing a single hinge pin brace, but really not too worried about it, my LHS has a parts bag with that piece in stock, and the parts bag had a bunch of other pieces that i was missing, and was a really cheap buy.

Got everything that i could installed. screws are going to be in on monday, ordered a bulk buy from Ace lol, going to use as much Metric as possible, few items i am going to leave for now, until i buy a 3mm tap and die set.
View attachment 120584
the person i bought the pieces from also had a few other pieces that i am going to need as well, and should be in here either later this week or early next week.
kind of an interesting thing i found was that the turnbuckles on this are similar length to that of the steering turnbuckles of the MGT, and i believe i should be able to use them.

will keep posted as i make progress.
Don’t suppose you have a spare steering bell do ya ?

Hello everyone, recently took on another project and wanted to do a build write up on it.
on one of the FB RC groups I'm on i ran into a gentleman that had a bunch of parts to build a Losi LST, and being that i have 2 of mostly all my other Nitro trucks i decided i wanted to continue with that.

he had a slider or pretty much bags of parts, given i really enjoy the build process, i decided to go for the parts and to build up as if it were a kit.
received the parts, and got to work cleaning the pieces:
View attachment 120580
after assessing what all i would need next i started putting it together, most of the items are mocked up at this point, there were a few pieces that i needed to hold things together, and i have very few screws at the moment. for now i have my old HPI S25 engine mocked up on it, compression is low on the engine, so i am kind of torn on what to do with it.
either
A) send out to get a repinching service on it,
B) find new piston /sleeve, and bearings and rebuild,
C) get a new engine entirely, thinking maybe a "Big Red", Dynamite .26 mach 2 "truggy", possibly if i can afford it, a Novarossi legend 28, or maybe even try to find a Losi/Dynamite Mach .26 from the original. (other ideas/recommendations welcome.)
it has been a really really long time since I've ran that engine (13 years give or take?), and dont honestly know how much power those had or really much of anything, i got it on my first MGT, and realized the compression was weak early on so got a new one engine and put this in storage.
View attachment 120590
ordered some of the chassis parts when i had received it.
View attachment 120582
for some reason my parts bag was missing a single hinge pin brace, but really not too worried about it, my LHS has a parts bag with that piece in stock, and the parts bag had a bunch of other pieces that i was missing, and was a really cheap buy.

Got everything that i could installed. screws are going to be in on monday, ordered a bulk buy from Ace lol, going to use as much Metric as possible, few items i am going to leave for now, until i buy a 3mm tap and die set.
View attachment 120584
the person i bought the pieces from also had a few other pieces that i am going to need as well, and should be in here either later this week or early next week.
kind of an interesting thing i found was that the turnbuckles on this are similar length to that of the steering turnbuckles of the MGT, and i believe i should be able to use them.

will keep posted as i make progress.
Let us know how ya get on with the different buckles

Looks good mate ? do record when you get er running and tuned ?

little bit of good news, found a diff for the front for the truck used. deal for the original one i wanted is kind of in limbo and i got sick of waiting. i could have easily bought brand new diff parts, but as losi didnt sell a complete diff with case and pinion gear, and bearings, would have ended up being over 80$ to get one, and if going that route would have gotten the HD diff cups. (plan to get anyways, but i just want to get 4wd going again. can do it later.) kind of sucks though, because it is plastic case (saw what happens with those under hard braking on my LST1.5), and the day after purchase found a few used aluminum case ones on ebay for 5$ more. can just get that separate though.
hoping it comes in soon so i can get it installed!

Back