Just been given this to fix... gonna need some help tho!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that confusing bud. Just got to many people throwing poop at you..and one saying something and another saying no do it another way.. All you need is a 2 channel radio and reciver . the nitros have 3 channels because some of them need the 3rd for reverse. Electric only needs 2 channels.. the steering channel1
Esc/power channel 2. Thats is all you need. Unless you what to run lights. Which why run lights unless it's a crawler.. for the scale look of it.. thats it
I run lights in some of my fast cars, because i run them at night, so, lights arent just for scale realism.
Holly poop man you are so dam hard headed. No one said better. From hobby wing it's cheaper.. FU*K EBAY
I'm not the one being hard headed. You are the one who can't seem to see that eBay is cheaper than HW Direct, so lets try it this way. The 60A sensored is $39.99 on HW Direct, and, on eBay, with programming card, the sensorless 60A is $39.98. On HW Direct, that same 60A sensorless, without program card, is $49.99, so, when you compare the price of just the sensorless ESC at $49.99 on HW direct, and $39.98 on eBay, that is a $10 savings buying from eBay, plus you basically get the program card for free, which you dont get with HW Direct. The 60A is the only one that really concerns me, since i have bought exactly one 120A, and didnt see any real difference between the two, so i just stick with the 60A.

Haha it’s all new to me so it’s just hard to keep up sometimes! I will just order the replacement Rx for now then I know it’s going to fit straight ones work with the Tx perfect too!
I have a feeling I’ll end up buying another electric rc in the future haha
I'm sure you will. I got one at bringing of the yr. Now got 3 of them about to have 4 and 5 over next couple months.. they are fun for sure..
I run lights in some of my fast cars, because i run them at night, so, lights arent just for scale realism.

I'm not the one being hard headed. You are the one who can't seem to see that eBay is cheaper than HW Direct, so lets try it this way. The 60A sensored is $39.99 on HW Direct, and, on eBay, with programming card, the sensorless 60A is $39.98. On HW Direct, that same 60A sensorless, without program card, is $49.99, so, when you compare the price of just the sensorless ESC at $49.99 on HW direct, and $39.98 on eBay, that is a $10 savings buying from eBay, plus you basically get the program card for free, which you dont get with HW Direct. The 60A is the only one that really concerns me, since i have bought exactly one 120A, and didnt see any real difference between the two, so i just stick with the 60A.
I'm glad you run lights and at night good for you bud 👍👍

I have a feeling I’ll end up buying another electric rc in the future haha
Just dont fall down the rabbit hole, like most of us do. I fluctuate between 9 and 20 vehicles at any one time, with the average being 15. I currently have 14, and am looking at another one, but I've been hemming and hawing about it more than a year now. I know guys with a wall full of vehicles, and i actually get picked on by a couple guys because i dont have enough vehicles. There is a guy on YouTube with more than 60 cars, but that is because he collects Tamiya stuff.

Get as many as you want bud. As long as you can afford them. Can never have to many.. plus you will always have one to run. If you break one and are waiting on getting parts.. more the merrier.👍👍your all ready falling down the 🕳 hole..😉👍🤣🤣🤣

Wow, I only have 3, lol. Looks like I need to start getting more!
On the Arrma forum, there is an ongoing thread not only about how many vehicles you have, but how much you spent on parts. Some of those guys spend more in a month than i spend on all my bills combined. Well, not counting the 1:1 race cars.

I'm sure you will. I got one at bringing of the yr. Now got 3 of them about to have 4 and 5 over next couple months.. they are fun for sure..

I'm glad you run lights and at night good for you bud 👍👍
I want to get some shells so my choice will depend on the shells available, some classic cars and race cars will probably be first lol
Just dont fall down the rabbit hole, like most of us do. I fluctuate between 9 and 20 vehicles at any one time, with the average being 15. I currently have 14, and am looking at another one, but I've been hemming and hawing about it more than a year now. I know guys with a wall full of vehicles, and i actually get picked on by a couple guys because i dont have enough vehicles. There is a guy on YouTube with more than 60 cars, but that is because he collects Tamiya stuff.
I saw the Tamiya M series and the shells are amazing so that’s probably next, got some learning to do first tho before I jump into electric full on though, and I’ll still be rocking my nitro too as I love working on them (just as well considering how much they can break haha )
Wow, I only have 3, lol. Looks like I need to start getting more!
I’ve only got 3 and 2 of those are nitro haha 😂

I want to get some shells so my choice will depend on the shells available, some classic cars and race cars will probably be first lol

I saw the Tamiya M series and the shells are amazing so that’s probably next, got some learning to do first tho before I jump into electric full on though, and I’ll still be rocking my nitro too as I love working on them (just as well considering how much they can break haha )

I’ve only got 3 and 2 of those are nitro haha 😂
Do you mean for the Bugsta? If so, you are going to be very limited, since most car bodies, like the Tamiya ones, wont fit the Bugsta. The Bugsta is 415MM long, with a 290MM wheelbase. The Tamiya stuff is 190-200MM long. You will have to find bodies for vehicles like the Arrma Granite 4X4, the Traxxas Rustler, and pretty much any 1/10 monster truck or truggy, which there arent many car body choices available for them. Most of what you will find for them are truck bodies.
Tamiya only makes kits, except for the X-SA series, which still has some building to do, so, you will have to build the entire vehicle, as well as paint the body, and a lot of the Tamiya stuff, the electronics are separate. Tamiya stuff, by the time its done, can be very pricey. Theres a guy on here with $600 or more in a TT-02, and i have a few Tamiya kits i have put $500 plus in in the past, so you have to be careful with them.

Last edited:
Yeah.... now I’m lost with all this radio talk mate haha 😂 I might just get the one that matches the etronix Tx and save the hassle for now then I cannot just fit the himoto Tx/Rx back to my nitro!
I didn’t even change any trim settings tbh it drive spot on but I think I’ll set the throttle and brake up soon to make sure I’m getting full signal 👍👍👍
Yeah mate, best way to make sure you get something that you know will work. 👍
On the Arrma forum, there is an ongoing thread not only about how many vehicles you have, but how much you spent on parts. Some of those guys spend more in a month than i spend on all my bills combined. Well, not counting the 1:1 race cars.
I hate threads like this. RC is a hobby not a pissing contest on who has the most expendable cash.

I hate threads like this. RC is a hobby not a pissing contest on who has the most expendable cash.
It originally started as a joke, like, a support group for people addicted to RC's, then devolved into who spent more, and on what. I stopped paying attention to it after that.

Let's all just go run some RCs and have some fun. While we break something. So we can order some stock / oem / aftermarket/ upgrades/ mods / new parts so we can do it again next weekend
😁😁😉👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I love you all you crazy rc addicted nitro sniffing as*hats.... now it's Monday the #1 no fun day.. have a good day gentlemen

I hope everyone knows nothing was personal. If I came across that way I'm sorry didn't mean it that way.. I really don't care what anyone does or how much you spend as we are all not rich or we probably wouldn't be debating prices of rc crap. Either way hope you all have a good day.. got too make that money so you can get more RC and parts😉😉👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣

Do you mean for the Bugsta? If so, you are going to be very limited, since most car bodies, like the Tamiya ones, wont fit the Bugsta. The Bugsta is 415MM long, with a 290MM wheelbase. The Tamiya stuff is 190-200MM long. You will have to find bodies for vehicles like the Arrma Granite 4X4, the Traxxas Rustler, and pretty much any 1/10 monster truck or truggy, which there arent many car body choices available for them. Most of what you will find for them are truck bodies.

Tamiya only makes kits, except for the X-SA series, which still has some building to do, so, you will have to build the entire vehicle, as well as paint the body, and a lot of the Tamiya stuff, the electronics are separate. Tamiya stuff, by the time its done, can be very pricey. Theres a guy on here with $600 or more in a TT-02, and i have a few Tamiya kits i have put $500 plus in in the past, so you have to be careful with them.
No I wasn’t on about the bugsta mate, I’d invest in a Tamiya I can use several shells on though and building doesn’t put me off mate at all I’m a mechanic by trade so I’m used to stripping down and building things anyway haha

I’d defo lose that one mate my kids and wife rinse most of my cash tbh haha
Let's all just go run some RCs and have some fun. While we break something. So we can order some stock / oem / aftermarket/ upgrades/ mods / new parts so we can do it again next weekend
😁😁😉👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I love you all you crazy rc addicted nitro sniffing as*hats.... now it's Monday the #1 no fun day.. have a good day gentlemen

I hope everyone knows nothing was personal. If I came across that way I'm sorry didn't mean it that way.. I really don't care what anyone does or how much you spend as we are all not rich or we probably wouldn't be debating prices of rc crap. Either way hope you all have a good day.. got too make that money so you can get more RC and parts😉😉👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣
😆👏
It originally started as a joke, like, a support group for people addicted to RC's, then devolved into who spent more, and on what. I stopped paying attention to it after that.
I came here for the advice and ended up staying because the craic is class, and the peeps I’ve spoken to so far have all been top notch and spot on 😆👍

I would if i had boats small enough to run in mud puddles. Out of the last 14 days, we have had 2 where it wasn't pouring. We have a creek near us, and some of my neighbors are waiting to see how many of us float away. I said, not me, ill just sit on my roof and either play with my 2 drones until they die, or race the boats until they get swept away.

I would if i had boats small enough to run in mud puddles. Out of the last 14 days, we have had 2 where it wasn't pouring. We have a creek near us, and some of my neighbors are waiting to see how many of us float away. I said, not me, ill just sit on my roof and either play with my 2 drones until they die, or race the boats until they get swept away.
Oh sh*t man that's always fun. But not the flooding. It's been pouring down here in jersey since last night.. it stopped for a hr or so. And now starting back up.. be safe up there on the roof.. charge all batteries now.. 😉👍👍 be safe

Lol sounds like the average UK weather tbh bud haha

Back