How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home. Temps still dropping. Also, +25mph winds!
20230203_210648.jpg

Orlando-----52F this morning at 6AM while having coffee on the back porch. No snow, no rain. Sunny and 72F today. Feel sorry for the northeast today.

Orlando-----52F this morning at 6AM while having coffee on the back porch. No snow, no rain. Sunny and 72F today. Feel sorry for the northeast today.
My wife and younger daughter are actually in Orlando this weekend for a cheer competition.
Fortunately, this artic cold will be gone by tomorrow, and get into the mid 40's. What?! 😆
I would actually rather this than humid, +100° days. The wife and I moved back to New England from Hawaii 20 years ago. No regrets! Living on a rock in year round perfect weather, in the middle of the Pacific, actually got quite boring after a few years.

I like to just sit on the porch and watch the rain and thunder. Currently 71 outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be 57. Ugh.
PXL_20230401_222946126.jpg

The wind feels nice after being wrapped up in a blanket all day.

California is bone dry. I think it's the driest year in quite a while, as the last day of rain we had was all the way in April, and it only started to rain in late February. When I was at Tahoe last year, the lake was within normal levels (the water level was in the middle of the rock pile at the bottom of the picture). Now, it's receded all the way back:

View attachment 131277
Also, smoke from the wildfires is also starting to pick up from where I'm at. How's the weather been for everyone else?

Edit: fixed the photo
The black patch of ground was covered by the water, and the light-colored sand is artificially added after the water receded. The water was originally up to the rocks at the bottom of the photo.
Here it was 75° the day before last. And now we are supposed to get a bunch of snow. Sooo pretty sharty

Well, Thursday we had 100 mph winds. No tornado. Just ridiculous wind, rain, and lightning. Take a look. It got worse, and I had to stop filming.
Dang! That's some serious wind, if we had that here it would just look like a sand storm. Hope you guys didn't get any damage.

Yesterday and today our temperature is 110°F

Dang! That's some serious wind, if we had that here it would just look like a sand storm. Hope you guys didn't get any damage.

Yesterday and today our temperature is 110°F
I was just watching the weather last night with my Aunt, and I told here a couple friends of mine live in Souther California. It said 117 in the area where it was. That's just insane!

After this last storm, I learned not to keep $300 worth of meat and frozen foods in my freezer. I almost lost it all. But you'll be happy to know the $20 bag of sea cockroaches won't be making it for future photo shoots for our foodie thread. They didn't make it 😉

Check this out

https://w3.mp.lura.live/player/prod...TciLCJ3aWR0aCI6NjQwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjM2MH0=#amp=1

June+23+IN+Storm+Damage+01.png

Screenshot_20230702_163101.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_163130.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_163212.jpg

131552251_web1_20230701cr-power-line-damage.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_163231.jpg

Last edited:
I was just watching the weather last night with my Aunt, and I told here a couple friends of mine live in Souther California. It said 117 in the area where it was. That's just insane!

After this last storm, I learned not to keep $300 worth of meat and frozen foods in my freezer. I almost lost it all. But you'll be happy to know the $20 bag of sea cockroaches won't be making it for future photo shoots for our foodie thread. They didn't make it 😉

Check this out

https://w3.mp.lura.live/player/prod...TciLCJ3aWR0aCI6NjQwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjM2MH0=#amp=1

View attachment 168274
View attachment 168275
View attachment 168276
View attachment 168277
View attachment 168279
View attachment 168278
Looks like I drove home from the bar again. 🤣
Glad your ok.

Check this out

View attachment 168274
View attachment 168275
View attachment 168276
View attachment 168277
View attachment 168279
View attachment 168278

Daaannnnng! Some strong wind fore sure. Good that the frozen goods were saved, sorry about the sea cockroches though.

Back