How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right after I replied to this thread, our power went out for four hours while it's still 106 degrees outside. :hungover:
Ouch. Saw the heat was going to be even worse today. 117 in Death Valley it said. How you holding up?

Done with any RC activities outside until Fall. Daily temps routinely high 90s, low 100sF with 'feels like' at 105-110F.

Garage workshop usually hits 90degF by late morning ~10:00-12:00. Window for doing anything outside is like 7:00-9:00am. Doesn't leave much time for working on RC in the shop.

Oh well. Suck it up and drive on. Probably be 1st of November before things begin to cool down here. If then. Hope you guys are faring better. 'AC'

Done with any RC activities outside until Fall. Daily temps routinely high 90s, low 100sF with 'feels like' at 105-110F.

Garage workshop usually hits 90degF by late morning ~10:00-12:00. Window for doing anything outside is like 7:00-9:00am. Doesn't leave much time for working on RC in the shop.

Oh well. Suck it up and drive on. Probably be 1st of November before things begin to cool down here. If then. Hope you guys are faring better. 'AC'
I’m in the Houston area too. I feel your pain! It’s all I can do to get my yard work done by 10:30 am, come inside and melt into a chair. No motivation to do anything else outside the rest of the week. I hope you are wrong about Nov. 1st but history backs up your prediction. Hang in there!

Yep, a bit warm to play outside.

weather.png

Yeah, it's crazy hot. We are going to drive up to one of our favorite camping areas and hang out for a hour or two just to get out of the heat.
It's called Brownlee Creek Campground and it stays cool all day long up there.

Way too much rain. It stops raining, then it's too humid to work outside. But I pick and choose. 💪 Pressure washed 1/3 of the home.

Kinda stinks when nature takes over. oh well. We do what we can. 💪
We here are lucky, it's not worse. The bad weather is being felt here in Maine.:mad:
No RC things, for me. At least till we fix what is broken. Resilience is key, for me. 💪 We live on top of a hill.Rivers around here are at Max. We are good. :thumbs-up:
Some people need h2o. We have too much. Oh well. 🇺🇲 At least we live in a great country.🇺🇲
Hope all goes well, for you guys. We are lucky in Maine. But we still need AC. Never did when I was a child.

Last edited:
I fall into a lawnchair and am beaching myself like the whale I am. 🤣

Starting to feel nice outside. Almost time for speed runs.

Back