How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboChargedHonda

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
California is bone dry. I think it's the driest year in quite a while, as the last day of rain we had was all the way in April, and it only started to rain in late February. When I was at Tahoe last year, the lake was within normal levels (the water level was in the middle of the rock pile at the bottom of the picture). Now, it's receded all the way back:

0.jpg

Also, smoke from the wildfires is also starting to pick up from where I'm at. How's the weather been for everyone else?

Edit: fixed the photo
The black patch of ground was covered by the water, and the light-colored sand is artificially added after the water receded. The water was originally up to the rocks at the bottom of the photo.

Last edited:
Hot and full of tempers and anxiety, but not to the level of you and your smoke. Although a couple days ago someone hsd a muckfire for one day, but were back to alot of people running over skunks and getting them caught in engine bays and creating an aroma.

Here water level seems to be between slightly above normal to slightly below normal depending if its man made or "nature"made. Also seem to have an outbreak of algae and red tide also.

Pic no worky need fixie.

Speaking of odd, had 2 hailstorms this year.

Last edited:
North shore MN checking in.

It's been 80+ all summer. Little rain. We've even seen 100+ a few times. No record breakers. And nice clean blue skies. Low rivers, and algae blooms have taken over most our lakes.

Normally we're 75-85 lots of rain/thunderstorms and over cast to cloudy skies.

Fishing has sucked this year and we had some major smoke coming in from Canada.

An odd year, but honestly nothing that hasn't happened in the 30+ years I've lived here.

Is it just me or does everything seem to be drying out? I remember summers as a kid, playing in the yard. The grass was cool, the trees were green and lush, and the skies were a deeper blue. Summers were hot but you didn't feel like you were under a heat lamp at McDonalds waiting to be jammed into a bag of greasy fries. Now the grass is like dry and coarse. Trees look dusty green, and the sky is more gray than blue. It's like the US is turning into a desert. The thunderstorms that used to hit us in the early summers now hit us much harder in November and early December.

Is it just me or does everything seem to be drying out? I remember summers as a kid, playing in the yard. The grass was cool, the trees were green and lush, and the skies were a deeper blue. Summers were hot but you didn't feel like you were under a heat lamp at McDonalds waiting to be jammed into a bag of greasy fries. Now the grass is like dry and coarse. Trees look dusty green, and the sky is more gray than blue. It's like the US is turning into a desert. The thunderstorms that used to hit us in the early summers now hit us much harder in November and early December.
Either that or we were all just more resilient when we were younger. Probably didnt bother us as much back then :)

Either that or we were all just more resilient when we were younger. Probably didnt bother us as much back then :)
I am sure that is part of it. But the weather is definitely a lot different now. And I live not far from where I grew up and I remember doing a painting for art class when I was like 12 where I matched a blue to the sky by holding my brush up over my head outside. It was blue and white mixed. Today I would be starting with a light gray and adding a touch of blue.

I am sure that is part of it. But the weather is definitely a lot different now. And I live not far from where I grew up and I remember doing a painting for art class when I was like 12 where I matched a blue to the sky by holding my brush up over my head outside. It was blue and white mixed. Today I would be starting with a light gray and adding a touch of blue.
Yeah, I remember weather being different when I was a kid too.

Much more precipitation this summer than last, in southern New England. We still haven't fully recovered from last year's drought, but we haven't gone further into deficit. For summer, it's been somewhat mild. Lots of days in the 80's instead of 90's. Don't want to jinx it though, because last year, the really hot weather carried through Sept.

Last edited:
I'm expecting at least two more years of drought here in Cali, it's going to get real ugly. They are predicting another dry winter here. This week has been a nice break, we dipped below the hundreds for the first time in three or four weeks. We have been hovering at 105 give or take 5 degrees. The cooler temps at night don't benefit anyone, because we can't open the windows, due to the crap air quality from all the fires. And to think we pay more than the rest of the country for these benefits. If I won the lottery I would be out of this state in a flash!

Last edited:
I'm expecting at least two more years of drought here in Cali, it's going to get real ugly. They are predicting another dry winter here. This week has been a nice break, we dipped below the hundreds for the first time in three or four weeks. We have been hovering at 105 give or take 5 degrees. The cooler temps at night don't benefit anyone, because we can't open the windows, due to the crap air quality from all the fires. And to think we pay more than the rest of the country for everything for these benefits. If I won the lottery I would be out of this state in a flash!
I was approached by a company in California out of the blue one time about a job offer. They were gonna fly me out for an interview for a job, offer me a place to live if I got the job, and give me a car to drive. Plus the salary was almost 4 times what I was making. I am so glad I turned them down after seeing all the calamities in Cali these past few years, because I would be wanting out as well.

We've got a hurricane coming our way, and it is gross outside with all the humidity. Even though it's only in the low 80's. I just mowed the lawn, and I am drenched and worn down.
I'm now going to get everything squared away for the upcoming wind. Then I'm going to take a shower, and have a nice cold beer!

We've got a hurricane coming our way, and it is gross outside with all the humidity. Even though it's only in the low 80's. I just mowed the lawn, and I am drenched and worn down.
I'm now going to get everything squared away for the upcoming wind. Then I'm going to take a shower, and have a nice cold beer
Hope it turns out to be a dud. From the looks of it, it is still picking up a little steam. Stay safe man.

Yikes, Doom! Hot much? Hope it moderates for you soon.

Finally getting rain here. Helps hold the temps down and make up the rainfall deficit. Still, something unsettling about the whole pattern and trend. Whatever software module weathercasting uses seems to consistently miss the mark.

Regards. 'AC'

Back