How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We usually get four months of Upper 90's and low 100's. It just feels like forever this year. I need it to cool off so I can go out and play!

Beautiful this weekend here in MD. Expecting showers tomorrow, but got some Air time in on Saturday! :thumbs-up: 😁😆✌️
VideoCapture_20220904-195644.jpg
VideoCapture_20220904-195707.jpg
VideoCapture_20220904-195245.jpg
VideoCapture_20220904-195320.jpg
VideoCapture_20220904-195418.jpg
VideoCapture_20220904-195719.jpg

Beautiful this weekend here in MD. Expecting showers tomorrow, but got some Air time in on Saturday! :thumbs-up: 😁😆✌️
View attachment 151833View attachment 151834View attachment 151835View attachment 151836View attachment 151837View attachment 151838
No wonder you're smilin bri. Lots of green and blue in those pix. AARMA launching good. Like the first image just leaving the ramp. Classic basher image with a great backdrop.

Drought in the rear view mirror here in Houston. Replacing it is a rain shower a day cycle. Thinking I need to begin buying all waterproof for the RCs.

Cheers. 'AC'

No wonder you're smilin bri. Lots of green and blue in those pix. AARMA launching good. Like the first image just leaving the ramp. Classic basher image with a great backdrop.

Drought in the rear view mirror here in Houston. Replacing it is a rain shower a day cycle. Thinking I need to begin buying all waterproof for the RCs.

Cheers. 'AC'
It was a beautiful day! Grass wasn't mowed yet though. Lol

Yeah, I love taking unique photos like the ones off the ramp. There is def an art to these RCs and they make for some great action shots!

Crazy how much drought there's been out your way. Then we have the places flooding at the same time in the SE. That's why I love MD, Mid-Atlantic area. Get extremes of all 4 seasons, but never too much of each. :thumbs-up:

Maybe start investing in some RC boats!! 😂🤣:thumbs-up:✌️

We are fixen to prep for winter in Northern Alberta, Canada. Was 90 the last couple weeks and dealing with forest fires then yesterday we got frost. Will be snow on the ground before we know it which is unfortunate.

Finally cooling down here in Idaho. The smoke however, is kicking my arse.

Finally cooling down here in Idaho. The smoke however, is kicking my arse.
We were going to try and head up to the hills this weekend, so I could take the crawlers out while the temps were in the 90's but it looks like fires are going to keep that from happening. :(

Not too bad here. Going to rain all weekend, but I love thunderstorms and drizzle because I'm weird.
Screenshot_20220909-115320_Weather.jpg

I'd move in a second if I could afford it, that's the beauty of Cali, they bleed you dry so your stuck.
Yeah, I know the feeling. They just raised my rent $235/month, and I honestly don't know what to do. I can't afford to hire a moving company, and I have nowhere else to go even if I could. I can't really afford to stay here, so I will be spending the next few months trying to stay afloat, while I search for a way to get out of this mess. I really hate the greed of people on this planet 😖😞

The wife and I are blessed with what he have. We are both on fixed income but between the two of us we survive just fine.
Most of you know we bought our house we have lived in for almost 10 years. It isn't much and it's only a single wide mobile home but it's in decent shape and it sits on a good property. Not to big that I can't take care of it, however, we pay my sister to mow it because she needs the money.
Our house payment only went up $30 more than what we paid for rent and it's only $530 a month with insurance. Our taxes will be cheap but we also got on a program that pays the taxes for the first year.
For the longest time I was afraid to death my landlord was going to show up and give us a eviction notice because he sold the house.
He showed up but just to tell us the rent was going up. I made a offer and he excepted. Such a relief that we don't have to move.
In ten years, we have made it our home and we love it here.

Yeah, I'm stuck where I'm at too. Good thing is the back yard is big enough to have a MT track. Other than that, I sure don't want to finish out my life in Houston, Texas.

Looking hard at how to get back to my home state of Nebraska. Big problem is I've got so much 'junk'. How to get rid of it all traps me here. Moving it is so expensive and even if I did, downsizing where to put it when I get there. Kids don't want it, even the family heirlooms. Be working thorough to a solution in the coming months.

Thinking an estate sale to clear out the house and only take essentials. Get a 5x10 rental unit for the RC shop when I get to wherever.

Weather is at last moderating. RC back yard MT series begins fall, on or about 20 Sep. Be good to get in some serious RCing. 'AC'

Starting to cool down finally but we sure are burning up here in Idaho. California and several other states are getting hit hard in the west also.

AA11ELJm.png

Starting to cool down finally but we sure are burning up here in Idaho. California and several other states are getting hit hard in the west also.

View attachment 152319
That burning isn't going to stop til it's all desert out west it seems. Walking out in direct sunshine these days almost hurts my skin. Beetles are killing trees all over the place, creating more kindling. The world is going to hell in a handbasket.

The wife and I were talking about the changes going on. It's mind blowing and very scary actually.
Now a hurricane headed towards California, that's crazy.

Back