What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a bunch of airbrush equipment and paints but I am terrible with it...:(
Oh, if you are using water-based acrylics like Createx or Faskolor paints, or any other acrylic for that matter, don't fall for the whole "you need to use our thinner" nonsense. Just get a jug of this...
Screenshot_20210826-091450_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Yep, I figured that out right out of the gate. It's water based paint.
Practice makes perfect! I need to learn myself :)
I should have been a firefighter, I tried to paint some ghost flames last night and I put the fire out..o_O

Oh, if you are using water-based acrylics like Createx or Faskolor paints, or any other acrylic for that matter, don't fall for the whole "you need to use our thinner" nonsense. Just get a jug of this...
View attachment 131659
I hear Windex does the same thing.

Yep, I figured that out right out of the gate. It's water based paint.

I should have been a firefighter, I tried to paint some ghost flames last night and I put the fire out..o_O
Ghost flames are not easy to do. might not want to try and learn on that :)

I clean my air brushes with Windex.

I hear Windex does the same thing.

Ghost flames are not easy to do. might not want to try and learn on that :)
Windex has a blue dye in it. Unless you buy that clear kind. But I think that has a lot of perfumes in it. I can't remember when I learned about Fantastik, but I remember it was said to be the better choice. I actually still have about a gallon of a concoction I made using Armor All auto glass cleaner, Butyl Cellosolve, and a retarder that works great with everything. Little trick I learned years ago when weathering model railroad dioramas. Makes for an awesome thinner, and slows the paint drying time down a little bit, which I think makes it harder once it fully cures. Sticks better too.

One of my many hobbies is Grouse hunting/shooting. I feel pretty damn good today so I loaded up the ATV and head up to the mountains.
Big time waste of gas.
I forgot it's a three day weekend, Friday, payday for some, Archery season open, Grouse season open, and two or three campers in every turn out on the road. :(

I hate when that happens! I swear the people come out of nowhere on holiday weekends. It always seems like by the time I get a chance to do something it's a holiday and not worth going out. :wtf:

I like to play with a small motorcycle and see how fast it will go in one mile. Got it up to 123 mph in Ohio. It’s been kinda dormant since 2020.

Attachments

• 31F6B00A-7CBD-441D-8F96-7B6575C750C4.jpeg
    31F6B00A-7CBD-441D-8F96-7B6575C750C4.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 36
I like to play with a small motorcycle and see how fast it will go in one mile. Got it up to 123 mph in Ohio. It’s been kinda dormant since 2020.
Fastest I ever went on a bike was 143. It would have easily hit 150+, which was what I was aiming for, but a gust of wind ripped my helmet off my head, strangling me with the strap and beating me in the back of the head. I was young and dumb and was only wearing glasses. No face shield. Scared me enough to buy a proper helmet though 😉

Fastest I ever went on a bike was 143. It would have easily hit 150+, which was what I was aiming for, but a gust of wind ripped my helmet off my head, strangling me with the strap and beating me in the back of the head. I was young and dumb and was only wearing glasses. No face shield. Scared me enough to buy a proper helmet though 😉
Holly cow you are lucky. That is crazy. I have gone very very fast on motorcycles.but I like trying to get a little 250cc engine going as fast as it can. Fun challenge.

Holly cow you are lucky. That is crazy. I have gone very very fast on motorcycles.but I like trying to get a little 250cc engine going as fast as it can. Fun challenge.
Yeah, that is crazy. I would be scared to death to go that fast on something a kid could ride lol.

What, no flip-flops?
I hated flip-flops for decades. Love them now though. LOL I also used to see just how many cars I could pass on the litre bike (FZR 1000) in a pass on two-lane roads in passing zones. Well, mostly in passing zones anyway. Never occurred to me that if the front car was holding me up and I was 16th in line, then as I'm coming through at triple digits someone else may also pull out to pass and I'd hit them.

I hated flip-flops for decades. Love them now though. LOL I also used to see just how many cars I could pass on the litre bike (FZR 1000) in a pass on two-lane roads in passing zones. Well, mostly in passing zones anyway. Never occurred to me that if the front car was holding me up and I was 16th in line, then as I'm coming through at triple digits someone else may also pull out to pass and I'd hit them.
I was passing 4 cars when my helmet came off. That thought of a car pulling into the passing lane was going through my head until the helmet started knocking me around.

Back