What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 13 was my record. Yeah, I was dumb as hell. A good fitting helmet is priceless.
Mine fit good, but I didn't have it strapped tight enough. Those were my wild and crazy days. I quickly sold that bike and got back on 4 wheels. If I hadn't I am certain that bike would have done me in.

168mph when I was young and much dumber on a modified ZX6R. In a t shirt and jeans, like a true SQUID.
168 is the fastest I've been on a Bike (Honda CBR1000RR) and in my Challenger.

Last edited:
I went from sport bikes, to a bike that made a screaming 42HP with extensive mods. Got me in more trouble than any of them. :hehe:

bPclEbT.jpg

jFS192i.jpg

mLYqxM0.jpg

t3Y9SJv.jpg

I went from sport bikes, to a bike that made a screaming 42HP with extensive mods. Got me in more trouble than any of them. :hehe:

bPclEbT.jpg

jFS192i.jpg

mLYqxM0.jpg

t3Y9SJv.jpg
If I ever get another bike it will most likely be a Harley. I'm too old and too fat to go flying through corners with half my ass hangin' off the seat 🤣

If I ever get another bike it will most likely be a Harley. I'm too old and too fat to go flying through corners with half my ass hangin' off the seat 🤣
I'm tall so not much hanging off for me. I would never, EVER buy a Harley due to them being a terrible company, and un-American these days. But that's just me. I'd own an Indian though.

I'm tall so not much hanging off for me. I would never, EVER buy a Harley due to them being a terrible company, and un-American these days. But that's just me. I'd own an Indian though.
Oh? I'm not aware... Whats the 411 on Harley?

Ever been into a Harley shop and looked at the parts? Everything is made in China. I musta picked up 30 different things the last time I was in there. Every one of them was made in China. I would never buy a Harley either.

Long story short, they took the corporate tax cuts under Trump with the promise of keeping American factories open. Then a couple of months later a bunch of their higher-up executives took a stock buyback option that cost the company millions of dollars. They then closed the Kansas City factory, and opened factories in Thailand and other places where labor is cheaper.

Harley is an image, not a product, their quality had been suffering for decades. Over rated is an under statement.
This is the truth. They've made an astonishing amount of money selling an image to people that otherwise never would have been a motorcyclist. Not to mention the cost these days. They were originally an American blue-collar bike that everyone could afford. Hell some of them cost more than a new car now. The main demographic these days is doctors and dentists, and they're all old as hell. There are very few true bikers these days, but there are a few. Most of them are pretty cool people too.

3e3hfQ0.jpg

I think a lot of the true bikers build their own bikes these days using old parts. At least a lot of the guys I know do.

I built this one. It’s a replica of a Harley Davison 250RR.
They built ten of them and I wanted one, so I built a replica. Saved me 80,000 dollars.
It holds a bunch land speed records.

Attachments

• 5E303A13-7F81-482B-BE5D-A2568E9F4EDA.jpeg
    5E303A13-7F81-482B-BE5D-A2568E9F4EDA.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 31
  • CD947F89-B6CA-409A-BF23-D25B4BEAA057.jpeg
    CD947F89-B6CA-409A-BF23-D25B4BEAA057.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 30
I built this one. It’s a replica of a Harley Davison 250RR.
They built ten of them and I wanted one, so I built a replica. Saved me 80,000 dollars.
It holds a bunch land speed records.
WOW! Amazing job man.

That's super cool! It was always more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than the other way round. Big bikes will bite you the instant you do the least little thing wrong. I always tell people it took a 40HP dirt bike to teach me how to ride a street bike properly.

All my friends have hyabusas with turbochargers. They are really amazing bikes. 200-300 hp. And seductively easy to ride. But they can bite like nothing else. I have felt there power and I respect it. Other bikes like the one liter Honda twins are dangerous in the wrong hands. Those bikes I actually fear.
I ride a 70cc scooter on the street. After track racing I’m to nervous to ride on the street.

Back