What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After going that fast on bikes cars do nothing for me. I started driving pickups.
I'm all about driving fast in/on anything. The car is something of a childhood dream come true for me. My dad always owned Vettes when i was growing up and I swore when I grew up (I originally thought by the age of 25 ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) That I would own one too. Well when it came about 20 years later than I thought it would and it wasn't a Vette but this is my version. It would have been a Vette but when I went out to test drive the first one after I got back I discovered my fat butt had to practically crawl out of it so I was like OK Vette isnt going to work for me then I landed on the whole Mopar thing. I've owned a couple of Dodge pick ups and they were great vehichles so I decided to give the Challenger a try and now its my thing :)

My main hobbies outside of RC are graphic design, 3d design and printing, and I am just getting into video editing. I haven't been able to do much 3d printing for the last few months due to a PC failure, but that will be resolved soon hopefully.

3d designed and printed chassis and wheels...

Edit: to prove the 3d printing isn't just RC stuff, I added my Plastocaster Spiderman 3d printed guitar and 3d printed pickguard pics.

Attachments

• received_657762891707950.jpeg
    received_657762891707950.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 52
  • received_195817118330942.jpeg
    received_195817118330942.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 46
  • received_2572005789788821.jpeg
    received_2572005789788821.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 43
  • received_590087688510551.jpeg
    received_590087688510551.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
My main hobbies outside of RC are graphic design, 3d design and printing, and I am just getting into video editing. I haven't been able to do much 3d printing for the last few months due to a PC failure, but that will be resolved soon hopefully.

Now I know who to hit up for graphic designs for my vinyl cutter lol

Now I know who to hit up for graphic designs for my vinyl cutter lol
I have been looking at those, but it seems the price goes from pretty cheap to holy crap. What kind of cutter are you using?

I bought THIS one and so far its been working great. I did pay the extra $120 for the pro version of the software but honestly I dont know what the regular version is like so I have no idea if that was worth it or not. They say the ones with servo motors are better than the stepper motors but those were out of my price range.

I bought THIS one and so far its been working great. I did pay the extra $120 for the pro version of the software but honestly I dont know what the regular version is like so I have no idea if that was worth it or not. They say the ones with servo motors are better than the stepper motors but those were out of my price range.
Awesome. So now I know who to hit up when I need vinyl masks made ;)

Edit: to prove the 3d printing isn't just RC stuff, I added my Plastocaster Spiderman 3d printed guitar and 3d printed pickguard pics. A lot of my works I sell on my store (launched it the other day on this platform which is highly dependable so there should be no problems with transactions and its proper work.
My main hobbies besides RC are cycling, gaming, reading (mostly detective stories), and gardening :)

Last edited:
Is elk good eating like venison?
Compared to deer, elk is slightly leaner, slightly richer, and much less likely to be gamey. And you get 200#-250# of meat from an elk! It also kinda depends on how you kill it, clean/quarter it, how long you hang it, and how you cook it. I'm pretty meticulous. #1, put a good kill shot on em so they don't run far (running loads up the meat with adrenaline- makes it gamey). #2 keep it all clean while quartering your freshly dead 600#s of yummy- no dirt, no pee, no poop, and especially no gut material! That'll taint it fast. #3 get it cool asap, and keep it dry. #4 hang it at just above freezing until little dots of white mold start to form on your quarters. It'll be so tender you can cut it with a fork.
Rule of thumb- the faster something moves, the faster it cooks. A 1" thick elk steak will cook to medium rare on a hot grill in 1 or 2 minutes per side. There's no fat in there to slow it down. Anyone who cooks it past medium rare is abusing it. And it only needs a salt & pepper rub. Don't assume you gotta marinate it or add a bunch of seasoning.
Great. Now I'm craving. Time to fire up the grill...
Nice Bull Pat.
Thanks, that was a long day. We killed two bulls right at sunrise. Took about 13 hours to get it all out. My samsung health app counted 42k steps that day. We were only 4 miles in. 😵

Last edited:
Compared to deer, elk is slightly leaner, slightly richer, and much less likely to be gamey. And you get 200#-250# of meat from an elk! It also kinda depends on how you kill it, clean/quarter it, how long you hang it, and how you cook it. I'm pretty meticulous. #1, put a good kill shot on em so they don't run far (running loads up the meat with adrenaline- makes it gamey). #2 keep it all clean while quartering your freshly dead 600#s of yummy- no dirt, no pee, no poop, and especially no gut material! That'll taint it fast. #3 get it cool asap, and keep it dry. #4 hang it at just above freezing until little dots of white mold start to form on your quarters. It'll be so tender you can cut it with a fork.
Rule of thumb- the faster something moves, the faster it cooks. A 1" thick elk steak will cook to medium rare on a hot grill in 1 or 2 minutes per side. There's no fat in there to slow it down. Anyone who cooks it past medium rare is abusing it. And it only needs a salt & pepper rub. Don't assume you gotta marinate it or add a bunch of seasoning.
Great. Now I'm craving. Time to fire up the grill...

Thanks, that was a long day. We killed two bulls right at sunrise. Took about 13 hours to get it all out. My samsung health app counted 42k steps that day. We were only 4 miles in. 😵
Man, now you got my mouth all watering cuz I love eating game I just dont know how to hunt it lol. Certified city boy right here. lol

I have a couple guys at work that occasionally sell venison or turtle soup etc that they made. can't get enough of it. I was really surprised at how good squirrel and dumplings are and turtle soup. Both of them I kind of went in to like "ummmmmmmmm......... Oh WOW!" lol

@Pat_ranch I can't afford ammo anymore, anyone ever killed an elk with a nerf gun?
Let Adam from Mythbusters mod your nerf gun then it will probably be able to drop an Elk 🤣 🤣 🤣

Back