What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@NCNitro what are those things in the water behind you? Lillypads? Dont think I've ever seen any in person.

Yep. Lilly pads, our lakes are filled with them. I love pulling a swim jig or spinner bait through the pads, or flipping a craw or creature bait in the pads.

This is what I have been working on the past couple years, which is why I had no cash for rc, boat = break out another thousand, lol. It's an 89 hydra sport x-270 with a johnson 140, minnkota terrova trolling motor with ipilot, new carpet, new seats, three new interstate batts, completely rewired, new rims, trailer wiring, led lights, mean I have replaced damn near everything.

Attachments

• 20210228_163901.jpg
    20210228_163901.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 70
Dirt bikes, some gaming, listening to music and podcasts and fishing. Although I get aggravated easily fishing when I dont get anything, I'm not real patient.
Got this guy about a month ago. @NCNitro what are those things in the water behind you? Lillypads? Dont think I've ever seen any in person.
Nice, where at?

Awe ok, that's quite a ways from me. It's been several years since I've been in that part of the country. We may be heading to City Of Rocks in a week or two.

@Tunedpipe I went to the City of Rocks like 12 years ago with my rc crawler. Very cool place.

I was a kid the last time I was there and I'm 59 now. We used to go there and load up on pine nuts.
We are definitely taking the crawlers when we go.

Do you have any passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing other than RC

Mine:

Music
(Someday ima be a christian rapper. You will all be bragging that you knew me before I was famous! LOL JK)

Taking things apart and seeing how they work
(When I was 2 i took apart a clock)
Scale models mainly , check out my insta (model insider1) loads of pics of my models

IDK what to say TP. I'm blown away at the artistry.

I keep fish/have some reef tanks.
i-wPSKRhS-L.jpg
i-hkNX3mm-M.jpg

i-j7FKwKd-L.jpg
Id never have the patience to take care of these but they are beautiful.

All these fishermen in here...I feel a little out of place. I hate fishing lol. Well hate is a rather strong word but I'm not a big fan. I like the fight once I hook something good size but I hate the "hunt" so to speak.

Anyway, I guess my other hobbies are electronics, gaming (although less and less the older I get), and I guess driving fast. I'm not a mechanic. I can't work on my baby for crap except the basic stuff but I'm a pretty damn good driver so I like to roll race and just generally terrorize the roads with my friends. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for you regular drivers out there lol) I dont do this a lot cuz the police and my government clearance dont mix. When I was younger I used to draw and paint but that kind of fell to the side because while I'm pretty decent at looking at something and drawing it I can't seem to put on paper anything in my head so I kinda gave up on that. Computers (not gaming) used to be a hobby of mine until I actually turned it in to a career and now I dont want to mess with computers anymore. Every time one of mine acts up or goes down i get aggravated cuz I have to "go to work" sorta lol

This is my baby. Shes pushin about 715HP to the crank or about 600HP to the wheels for those of you that speak the language. Basically I'm pushin' Stock Hellcat power but my low end is more controllable. I've had her up to 168MPH and that was before we added 215HP from the Procharger.
20210619_181459.jpg
20210517_171749.jpg
20210517_171757.jpg
20210517_171819.jpg

Heres a quick cold start video with my Cut Outs fully open. Hard to hear the procharger but sounds better imo. You can't really tell how loud the car is on camera. The mic clips the audio down. This thing is super loud lol

Heres a cold start with cut outs closed so you can here the whistle :)

I'm in the process of redoing a lot of my decals. I have a vinyl cutter so I can play around :)
Composite2.jpg

Last edited:
IDK what to say TP. I'm blown away at the artistry.

Id never have the patience to take care of these but they are beautiful.

All these fishermen in here...I feel a little out of place. I hate fishing lol. Well hate is a rather strong word but I'm not a big fan. I like the fight once I hook something good size but I hate the "hunt" so to speak.

Anyway, I guess my other hobbies are electronics, gaming (although less and less the older I get), and I guess driving fast. I'm not a mechanic. I can't work on my baby for crap except the basic stuff but I'm a pretty damn good driver so I like to roll race and just generally terrorize the roads with my friends. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for you regular drivers out there lol) I dont do this a lot cuz the police and my government clearance dont mix. When I was younger I used to draw and paint but that kind of fell to the side because while I'm pretty decent at looking at something and drawing it I can't seem to put on paper anything in my head so I kinda gave up on that. Computers (not gaming) used to be a hobby of mine until I actually turned it in to a career and now I dont want to mess with computers anymore. Every time one of mine acts up or goes down i get aggravated cuz I have to "go to work" sorta lol

This is my baby. Shes pushin about 715HP to the crank or about 600HP to the wheels for those of you that speak the language. Basically I'm pushin' Stock Hellcat power but my low end is more controllable. I've had her up to 168MPH and that was before we added 215HP from the Procharger.
View attachment 128342View attachment 128343View attachment 128344View attachment 128345
Heres a quick cold start video with my Cut Outs fully open. Hard to hear the procharger but sounds better imo. You can't really tell how loud the car is on camera. The mic clips the audio down. This thing is super loud lol

Heres a cold start with cut outs closed so you can here the whistle :)

I'm in the process of redoing a lot of my decals. I have a vinyl cutter so I can play around :)
View attachment 128346
My first symptom was when I started falling over when riding and tripping a lot.
My last one.
2021060714052604--4451430511590327444-56255077876__1448D7D5-DB94-4B58-A84D-A0FA5103F458-L.jpg

Later I wasn't allowed to drive a car for 16 months.

I find fish and things fascinating.
2021061808364127--2186764812117283193-IMG_3717-L.jpg

They kept me from going nuts.
Quit shooting the guns. Not safe because I drop stuff and fall down. Quit fishing. I can't tie knots because my hands are so stiff. can't use a camera because I can't hold it still and they dont bounce either. Quit most everything for a while.
Making a comeback now.
Finally getting the meds worked out. LOL from 3 pills a day to 2 every 4 hours round the clock plus a patch. Maybe if I squirted some tire slime in my ear.

My first symptom was when I started falling over when riding and tripping a lot.
My last one.
2021060714052604--4451430511590327444-56255077876__1448D7D5-DB94-4B58-A84D-A0FA5103F458-L.jpg

Later I wasn't allowed to drive a car for 16 months.
Beautiful bike. I can't make out the emblem on the side. Is that an Indian?

I find fish and things fascinating.
2021061808364127--2186764812117283193-IMG_3717-L.jpg

They kept me from going nuts.
Quit shooting the guns. Not safe because I drop stuff and fall down. Quit fishing. I can't tie knots because my hands are so stiff. can't use a camera because I can't hold it still and they dont bounce either. Quit most everything for a while.
Making a comeback now.
Finally getting the meds worked out. LOL from 3 pills a day to 2 every 4 hours round the clock plus a patch. Maybe if I squirted some tire slime in my ear.
The purple spiney one is a sea urchin is it not?

Beautiful bike. I can't make out the emblem on the side. Is that an Indian?

The purple spiney one is a sea urchin is it not?

Victory Crossroads

Yes, a longspine sea urchin.

168 MPH. Did you have a seatbelt on? I didn't.
001a-M.jpg

Actually I am fibbing a bit. That bike had a 7- 9% speedometer error so 175 indicated was only 159 or so. It had a governor that kicked in at 200mph indicated and people were upset that they were only actually going 182-185. I never tried that though. It also had secondary butterfly valves in the intakes that the computer controlled so you wouldn't throw yourself on the ground leaving a stop sign.

Last edited:
Victory Crossroads

Yes, a longspine sea urchin.

168 MPH. Did you have a seatbelt on? I didn't.
001a-M.jpg

Actually I am fibbing a bit. That bike had a 7- 9% speedometer error so 175 indicated was only 159 or so. It had a governor that kicked in at 200mph indicated and people were upset that they were only actually going 182-185. I never tried that though. It also had secondary butterfly valves in the intakes that the computer controlled so you wouldn't throw yourself on the ground leaving a stop sign.
Not familiar with the Victory Crossroads but its a beautiful bike.

Whats a seat belt? Never worn one that I wasn't forced to put on. I think it has something to do with being rebellious when they first made it a law I thought it was ridiculous that the gov could dictate whether or not you chose to wear a seat belt. I dont think they have the right to dictate my safety standards to me so i made up my mind back then (I think I was about 17 or 18 when it became a law) that I was never gonna wear one. I'm 47 now and I'm still sticking to it.

I think the fastest I've been on a bike was also 168MPH. Just a coincidence that they both ended up being 168MPH runs.
20200310_183251.jpg
20200404_170445.jpg

Not familiar with the Victory Crossroads but its a beautiful bike.

Whats a seat belt? Never worn one that I wasn't forced to put on. I think it has something to do with being rebellious when they first made it a law I thought it was ridiculous that the gov could dictate whether or not you chose to wear a seat belt. I dont think they have the right to dictate my safety standards to me so i made up my mind back then (I think I was about 17 or 18 when it became a law) that I was never gonna wear one. I'm 47 now and I'm still sticking to it.

I think the fastest I've been on a bike was also 168MPH. Just a coincidence that they both ended up being 168MPH runs.
View attachment 128365View attachment 128366
I had a CBR 1100XX before the ZX-14. I think it topped out at 154 or something like that.
Is being a Usedtobe as bad as being a Wannabe? I have been looking at Can-am Spyders. 3 Wheels so you can't fall over. can't do it though.
I may be pretty good for a few hours and then not so good. I would be afraid of getting caught out somewhere.
But it's fun to think about.

So you defeated the beep beep beep, ding ding ding things. I have done that in the past but just wear the thing now. Also my wife and kids are beep beep beep ding ding ding things too.

Yeah, I always disable the seat belt chime in all my cars pretty much first day lol. I dont have kids to worry about and my wife always wears hers.

Mine was a CBR 1000RR and I beleive its governed at 189MPH top speed but I sold the bike. I'm too old and fat to ride it anymore, especially with my new found companion "Arthritis" lol. I just stick to the car now. Its a dang shame I couldnt afford that bike back when I was in my 20s when I really wanted it and could never afford it :)

After going that fast on bikes cars do nothing for me. I started driving pickups.

Back