What would you do with it? Hobby Plus CR24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added brass rings to the FMS FCX24 Blazer wheels. I also put the stock Blazer shocks with oil added. Unfortunately that's about it for leftover parts. None of the original or spare aftermarket FCX24 links fit.
You might have to fab your own links. LGRP has some link ends here https://littleguyracingparts.com/products/builders-rod-ends?_pos=3&_sid=bc41950ad&_ss=r

Here's a vid on how to make them

I trimmed the lexan body right below the grill to straight across the front of the fender. This gave steering clearance for the front tires. The linkage still binds up but not too badly. It's already WAY better than it was. I also removed the plastic luggage rack on top and the spare tire on the back. Stickers removed and stuck inside the body for posterity.
It's weird. The darned thing is fun for what it is. I would consider these 'must mods' to make it somewhat capable.
Sounds similar to what I initially did to our SCX24 C10. And the steering linkage binds up on the stock SCX24's as well. If you have some small o-rings, you can put a couple under the link bar (around one side of pillow balls) and it may help keep the steering link from flipping around and getting hung up.

Very interested in seeing what you do next.

Last edited:
Shout-out to the gods of RC for making 7mm the standard wheel hub hex size for small RC.
I had the wheels and tires from the FCX24 Blazer on there but they rubbed a lot so when the stock wheels and tires from my new Axial SCX24 Gladiator became available I had to try. They fit within the body and don't rub at all. Granted I'd already trimmed the body for the larger tires but whatever.
I ought to name this little beasty "Spare parts".

20240410_114755.jpg

20240410_115257.jpg

Back