Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that red tool right there.
I have a set of those, from Dynamite.
Pretty good and cheap set of tools.
Had mine for like 8 years and the tips are still like new.

Was trying to race the rustler, its do able, but I would only run it in either a mixed class or a bring what you brung type of class. My con with the rustler chassis is that there isn't no good place to mount a transponder. When I raced it a couple months ago, i just put the transponder under the battery hold down as I was using velcro before and it wasn't holding in place.
No worries here mounting a transponder. Don't need one. My drag series sets bracket dial in using GNSS mph readings. Frees me up from the expense of a timing system.

Tranny's in. HD drive shafts were running too close to the RPM camber links to suit me. Fabricated a 1/16in piece of G-10 fiberglass sheet from the chassis stash. It serves as a spacer between the shock mount bulkhead and transmission case. Gives an acceptable clearance now.

Yeah, that Dynamite wrench set has served the shop well for about 15 years now. Tips wear well and the handle balance suits my wrenching style. Cheers. 'AC'

20231126_154153_forum resize.jpg

20231126_154545_forum resize.jpg

20231126_161649_forum resize.jpg

Replaced a bent shock. Fitted front and rear lights to the Typhon. Cheap ones off AliExpress. I'm not really a fan of lights on RC's due to all the ugly wiring it adds but I need it on this one so I can see which direction it's facing at the end of the road when it's in the shade.

20231127_123403.jpg

20231127_123428.jpg

20231127_123457.jpg

Installed some treal aluminum knuckles on the front of my capra. Had to modify the vitavon brass portal covers slightly to fit the treal knuckles. Once that was done, everything fit up to the vanquish axle just fine!

Also stripped some teeth on a gear in the front servo the other day, so got that fixed as well

IMG_2897.jpeg

Arrma Granite 4x4: I installed a new 3D-printed drive shaft cover, to replace the one I broke yesterday after a failed triple backflip. :)

1701137374499.png

TC Sketer: I lost a body post after crash landing on the curb during my ramp session yesterday. I reattached it. I also removed the rear wheelie bar.

1701137472188.png

They're both ready to bash and crash some more!

I was playing with my radio to set it up to my comfort and I had to put the original wheel back on. The 3d printed hex adapter for 1:10 car wheels was causing clicking noises and uneven steering input. But what i'm most annoyed with is that the 3d printed piece cause pre-mature wear on the exterior plastic. You can't even see it with the original wheel on, and it's not effecting any performance. I'm just annoyed knowing it's there. I'm not a huge fan of smaller wheels, but it's something I can get used to especially since I tightened the steering and throttle tension. Still waiting on my carbon fiber handle too.

IMG_3500.jpg
IMG_3498.jpg

I added some Arrma battery pack straps to my TC Sketer. I ordered another set because I'd like to use the middle slot for a third strap to really hold those suckers in, especially when I run 2x3S packs and go full 6!

I also upgraded from the stock radio/receiver to the Dumbo RC X-6. It was a seamless changeover. The new radio will allow me to dial down the throttle. This will also be helpful when I go full 6S. I'm going to need to build up gradually before I go full rip on that little beast, LOL.

1701306150403.png

I was playing with my radio to set it up to my comfort and I had to put the original wheel back on. The 3d printed hex adapter for 1:10 car wheels was causing clicking noises and uneven steering input. But what i'm most annoyed with is that the 3d printed piece cause pre-mature wear on the exterior plastic. You can't even see it with the original wheel on, and it's not effecting any performance. I'm just annoyed knowing it's there. I'm not a huge fan of smaller wheels, but it's something I can get used to especially since I tightened the steering and throttle tension. Still waiting on my carbon fiber handle too.

View attachment 176051View attachment 176052
What a bummer, I really liked what you had going there.

What a bummer, I really liked what you had going there.

Yeah, it sucks. :( Just thankful I didnt break anything on accident.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I bet that clicking noise was the adapter rubbing into the plastic. Too bad, it would of been nice. It still works fine with the original wheel at least and you can't even see the marks it left with the wheel on it.

Last edited:
Love the dude on the zipline. Goodluck on the cleaning up. Off to a great start.

Love the dude on the zipline. Goodluck on the cleaning up. Off to a great start.
Haha, bought it from ebay yers ago Mr Fisto He-Man..and nope i am not in to He-Man att all..it was the name 👊😂.

Thx buddy, going well..last parts ahould arrive end of this week ❤️

Doin some motor swapping today. My hobbywing 13.5 got delivered yesterday. So I swapped out my Slot Machine. I’m giving bullets a try. Soldered the females right to the motor tabs and a set of males to the wires. I may go back to direct solder if I don’t like it but they’re very nice gold plated connections so I don’t think it’s going to be an issue. I’m ok with a few extra grams in trade for a ton of convenience. The 6.5 Revtech is gonna go in my mini truggy that I haven’t bought yet 😂 but I’m going to solder females in it too so I can take a few laps just to see how it is with the B74.1.

IMG_2741.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg

Let me know how those bullets work. I'm wanting to do that so its easier to work on it so I don't need to keep unsoldering and soldering the motor back.

The ongoing issue.
I got a KCRC motor mount for my Sledge. The first one was majorly misaligned. Today I noticed my pinion gear was wearing oddly, the warranty motor mount is misaligned, just less. I still have the original mount so today's job is to try to match mounting ring and try to get things aligned right.