Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After years of hanging in the basement, I finally got this this T Maxx gone electric running

T Maxx-E (2).jpg

T Maxx-E (1).jpg

I never liked the way the motor mount cantilevered out. Seemed like it would flex. I could actually make it flex. I added an upright to firm it up. I bought it as a roller, already had a single speed in it. I just had to add the motor and esc, oh and some battery mounts. Doesn't steer worth a crap. Probably why the servo was included. I have a better servo to put in, but it's getting late.

I haven't wrenched yet this morning but will start after breakfast.
I am going to do a electronics swap with my Deadbolt and the rock racer. I have the Furitek Striker system in the custom built rock racer but I want to put it in the Deadbolt.
Eventually I will replace it with the Furitek but can't afford it right now.
I'm just bored I guess.
The Deadbolt is too nice of a rig not to have the Furitek.

I haven't wrenched yet this morning but will start after breakfast.
I am going to do a electronics swap with my Deadbolt and the rock racer. I have the Furitek Striker system in the custom built rock racer but I want to put it in the Deadbolt.
Eventually I will replace it with the Furitek but can't afford it right now.
I'm just bored I guess.
The Deadbolt is too nice of a rig not to have the Furitek.
They have another motor now that is designed for their Monster truck. I think it would be a good setup for a rock bouncer.

I bet it is. I'll do something with the rock bouncer. Right now I decided not to mess with it other than stripping it.

A few more mods to the Deadbolt though.

Furitek Stinger system "awesome and highly recommended"
HR drive lines
Injora links
HR brass diff covers
HR steering linkage
Traded out the wheels also.
I love the RC4WD Mudslingers
I also serviced the shocks while I had it apart.

IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG

Yes, it is very quiet. I also have a C10 1/24 but I am going to buy the furitek system for it also.
It's amazing how slow I can drive and doesn't lose torque.

That FOC system in the Furitek is second to none man. It didn't slow down or speed up at all when it started over the tires. Very impressive. What radio are you running in that? Have you played with the throttle curve on the throttle channel?

That thing sucks! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: Stupid jealousy is flaring up again! 🤣
I bet it is. I'll do something with the rock bouncer. Right now I decided not to mess with it other than stripping it.

A few more mods to the Deadbolt though.

Furitek Stinger system "awesome and highly recommended"
HR drive lines
Injora links
HR brass diff covers
HR steering linkage
Traded out the wheels also.
I love the RC4WD Mudslingers
I also serviced the shocks while I had it apart.

View attachment 156567View attachment 156568View attachment 156569

That FOC system in the Furitek is second to none man. It didn't slow down or speed up at all when it started over the tires. Very impressive. What radio are you running in that? Have you played with the throttle curve on the throttle channel?
I'm using a DX5C . I haven't messed with it that much so far but I might mess with it later.
I use the Furitek app.

Well crap. I had the Scorpion all laid out and ready to assemble, then Greywolf threw a monkeywrench into the works and had a Christmas present shipped to me. Since he seemed to want me to open it, and the shipper had their name all over the box (so I knew what was inside)... I opened it. I was also more excited to see this kit again anyway, than anything else in the RC world that could have arrived. This has been a long time dream to have this car again, and Greywolf made it happen. You freakin ROCK dude! Anyway, back in my possession after 33 freakin years, and all the way from Germany!!!...
A KYOSHO JAVELIN!!!! 🥳🤠😊😁😃
20221213_153408.jpg

20221213_152030.jpg

Great to see others wrenching on slipper cluches a well, I'll post in the apprpo forum. I'm stoked on my Arrma infraction 3s BLX, but it showed of up far from RTR. Maybe to grind coffee beans, but after two short runs I tore it down to figure some drivetrain funkyness...

Before buying a Traxxas XRT, take a look at how big your workbench is. I really like the XRT, but it is HUGE.

20230113_170543[1].jpg

I just had to tear my high current lipo discharger apart again for the second time to replace a breaker. These breakers are total crap.
20230115_151rwgwrw959.jpg

The last time I had to replace one of those crappy breakers I went ahead and replaced all 3 of them and one of those is what I just replaced. Its only been a couple/few months since I replaced them. This time around I went with a breaker that had the best reviews on Amazon and hopefully it will hold up better.

20230115_151959.jpg
20230115_151916.jpg

Just out of curiosity I took the bad breaker apart to see what was inside.
20230115_155504.jpg

20230115_155617.jpg
20230115_155628.jpg

This past weekend I finished up Taz (Mega Infraction turned 4s). Instalked light kit and geared him back down to "bashing" mode (his original intent----got him to 60mph on 4s----he was happy with that)....25T to 17T. Also raised the body posts 1 hole as the tires were rubbing the paint off the inside of the body from street bashing.
20230114_224751.jpg
20230114_224804.jpg
20230114_224813.jpg

Also finished up the Green Machine (Bashing 6s Typhon) Well almost, need to order green wing mounts from 3drc! Just had to add green headlights (forgot to take pics of the headlights). Pics below are from a few weeks ago. 😜
VideoCapture_20221230-165700.jpg
20221104_195410.jpg
20221104_202858_1.gif

That's 2 down to get ready for Spring. 8 more to go including 2 kits!! 😁✌️