Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing as of yet but getting ready to do a setup on one of my guitars.

Pulled the body out of the Kyosho Ultima box and started painting the driver. Going with a green, white and blue theme I think. At least that's what Breydon came up with.
20221118_142829.jpg

Pulled the body out of the Kyosho Ultima box and started painting the driver. Going with a green, white and blue theme I think. At least that's what Breydon came up with.
View attachment 155751
You used invisible paint again.

Looking good. Always wanted a tamiya buggy. I came close to buying the mx5 miata kit for $125. I can't buy a fwd rc miata.

You used invisible paint again.

Looking good. Always wanted a tamiya buggy. I came close to buying the mx5 miata kit for $125. I can't buy a fwd rc miata.
Still have to paint the driver white, and the interior black. Then I'll shoot the body. May just go with a solid green body, but kinda wanting to do a stripe at least.

Still have to paint the driver white, and the interior black. Then I'll shoot the body. May just go with a solid green body, but kinda wanting to do a stripe at least.
Don't rush it, you'll be unhappy with it later if you do.

Don't rush it, you'll be unhappy with it later if you do.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Letting each color dry after two coats before switching colors. I should have liquid masked and airbrushed it, but was feeling lazy. That and I like brush work. Less of a mess to clean up.

She finished up great! I never knew the battery pack went in sideways.
Yeah, it is a really bad design flaw with this and the Javelin. The Optima buggies are like this too, but they have the body covering the battery. It never was an issue with my Javelin back in the day, but I always thought a stick or something would eventually rip the battery wires out.

I haven't wrenched on anything in awhile and won't be able to in awhile. Very depressing I might add.

I haven't wrenched on anything in awhile and won't be able to in awhile. Very depressing I might add.
Take apart all your RC's, throw all the parts in a box, shake it up real good then reassemble, should keep you busy for a while. 🤣

That thought definitely crossed my mind and to be honest, I have.

Wasn't today, but was recently. Got a mini e-revo and went through the diffs to check/fill/shim, bought hard anno'd shock bodies and rebuilt those, alloy wheel hexes and new wheels. I put bearings in the rockers and steering instead of bushings. Also threw a tiny motor cooler and larger pinion on it.

Ran it today for the first real bash at my skate park. It was pretty fun. Only running it on 2S, so backflips are few and far between, but it flies pretty good and lands well. Very twitchy steering though, so need to look at that.
2022-1105-merv-top.jpg

2022-1105-merv-body-front.jpg

Ran my maxx today as well for the first time after pulling out the max6/4092 1650kv system and putting a smaller/lighter blx185/blx4074 in it and running 4S instead of 6S in hopes that less weight means less breakage. Had a wheel bearing die 5 minutes into the run... so I was relatively easy on it. Broke another rear bulkhead and cracked both rear arms. I'm not 100% sure it happened today though... may have happened the last time I ran it on 6S.

Anyway, tore that down, replaced the bulkhead, arms as well as all axle carrier bearings. Also made a piece for the t-bone front skid/bumper I had on it. The t-bone part cracked where the bumper spring connects, so I used some LDPE to replace it.

Also fighting with my media server and backup drive. I have a clone of the movie drive that's external and is a mirror of the internal movie rive which has 5.5TB of movies/tv shows on it. I was running a program to update all the ID3 tags to have the file name as the title and found out my backup drive was failing... ran chkdsk on it for 2 days, it couldn't move the data to good sectors. I have a 12TB ironwolf drive (the internal is a 10TB ironwolf) coming that I'll put in another enclosure and not buy an "off the shelf" external this time so I know what kind of drive is actually being used.

Wasn't today, but was recently. Got a mini e-revo and went through the diffs to check/fill/shim, bought hard anno'd shock bodies and rebuilt those, alloy wheel hexes and new wheels. I put bearings in the rockers and steering instead of bushings. Also threw a tiny motor cooler and larger pinion on it.

Ran it today for the first real bash at my skate park. It was pretty fun. Only running it on 2S, so backflips are few and far between, but it flies pretty good and lands well. Very twitchy steering though, so need to look at that.
2022-1105-merv-top.jpg

2022-1105-merv-body-front.jpg

Ran my maxx today as well for the first time after pulling out the max6/4092 1650kv system and putting a smaller/lighter blx185/blx4074 in it and running 4S instead of 6S in hopes that less weight means less breakage. Had a wheel bearing die 5 minutes into the run... so I was relatively easy on it. Broke another rear bulkhead and cracked both rear arms. I'm not 100% sure it happened today though... may have happened the last time I ran it on 6S.

Anyway, tore that down, replaced the bulkhead, arms as well as all axle carrier bearings. Also made a piece for the t-bone front skid/bumper I had on it. The t-bone part cracked where the bumper spring connects, so I used some LDPE to replace it.

Also fighting with my media server and backup drive. I have a clone of the movie drive that's external and is a mirror of the internal movie rive which has 5.5TB of movies/tv shows on it. I was running a program to update all the ID3 tags to have the file name as the title and found out my backup drive was failing... ran chkdsk on it for 2 days, it couldn't move the data to good sectors. I have a 12TB ironwolf drive (the internal is a 10TB ironwolf) coming that I'll put in another enclosure and not buy an "off the shelf" external this time so I know what kind of drive is actually being used.
What batteries are you running in the mini? I'm in the middle of reviving mine. Looks pretty dope with the wheels.

Not RC related but me and my younger cousin went out bike riding. She just got her new bike (20 inch BMX) Done some maintenance with mine (24in mongoose) like tighten up screws and fill up the tires. In the last 2 summers I had been staying inside more and more but hoping that I will get outside more next year with bike riding and RCs. Before riding bikes today I did 1 battery pack in the slash and broke that lower plate peg thing again. Seems like I am breaking it every run to every 2 runs. What I might do is get a 2wd rustler chassis and just use that. I think the rustler chassis is a bit shorter than the LCG slash. I will still use the slash short course body and body mounts so I might have to make new body post holes. Or what I might do is get a whole carbon fiber one or metal one from amain. I think they sell this brand called Xtreme racing or something like that.

Screenshot_20221124-115803.png

PXL_20221124_173058696.jpg

PXL_20221124_182656718.jpg

PXL_20221124_182702085.jpg

I didnt build this today but I finally got it all set up today. I built a table to hold more 3D printers because my desk in the room only fits 2 of them. Also built a matching shelf to hold all of my rolls of filament :)
Looks awesome man!

Haven't been on here since I had been sick since my birthday on Saturday. I broke the little peg thing for the slash so what I am going to do is get a new main blue LCG chassis and see cause I want to keep it a short course truck and still race it. With a rustler chassis with the shorter wheel base I don't know if i can still race it. Got in the Hobbywing Max10 60amp esc with the 3652 4000kv motor for the rustler. The motor is a little bit smaller than the 3660 (in the SCT combo) and has the smaller motor shaft which includes a 3.17-5mm sleeve adapter. I got a 23 tooth pinion on it right now which is the same that I have in the slash. I heard some stories that people use the sleeve adapter to use a 5mm bore pinion and break the motor shaft so I am wondering if I can upgrade to the 5mm shaft without getting a new motor? Or I might just get the 3660 which I believe it has the same size bullet connectors. So rustler is running. Slash needs new chassis. Mini b needs holes made for servo and body painted.

PXL_20221130_210949118.MP.jpg

PXL_20221130_211007251.jpg

PXL_20221130_211001068.jpg

PXL_20221130_210936620.jpg

PXL_20221130_200613771.MP.jpg

PXL_20221130_200040300.jpg

PXL_20221130_200013503.MP.jpg

PXL_20221130_195802366.MP.jpg

PXL_20221130_195747547.MP.jpg

PXL_20221130_195724202.MP.jpg