Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tidied up one of my Yeti XL’s , thinking about selling one.
77DD798D-4E5A-40F3-9064-4BB3100AD711.jpeg
2AC2E0D4-453E-4638-A6EC-356D697CF6EF.jpeg
F7AF531B-BB71-4517-8794-F64FEE0EE77F.jpeg

Repaired improper insertion of a clipless body mount. Knowed when i bought a heat gun back in the 90's it would come in handy one day...
7A682508-5B6C-4506-9252-BF35F924A2EA.jpeg
1279DE59-DEF1-4701-AA28-512D212CEC61.jpeg

1638378A-CB81-47CE-AA55-10AFD3F96567.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you like the mini Capra?
haven't really had a chance to get it out much with the weather up here... I got it for her for Christmas and the green bling for her birthday and she still wont let me play with it.... I think it'll be great for running around our camping spot later this summer.

Not really wrenching but cut some scrap acrylic peices on the laser at work yesterday.
PSX_20230211_150931.jpg

Added some glue.
PSX_20230211_151039.jpg

Put them together, and you get new rc stands. :)

PSX_20230211_151136.jpg

It was awesome to be able to use my work table again, it's been a while.

Was waiting on 1 final part to arrive today for my Tekno build, so decided to finish up my Senton 3s' winter maintenance and a few upgrades. He's all ready for my track now!! 😄 🥳

I may need to adjust the ride height some as it sits higher now. We'll see after a few test runs on the track.

(Not all of this was done today, just finished him up)

New Fast Eddy Bearings throughout

Installed metal Kraton 4s diffs with metal input gears - 50/30 oil

Installed HR fixed steering servo link

Replaced plastic stock spur gear with 57T HD steel spur and replaced all slipper pads

Upgraded stock motor fan to 30mm Surpass Hobby Rocket fan

Replaced all composite pivot balls with aluminum HR ones

Replaced stock front shocks with Mojave front shocks and Axial silicone shock bushings

Replaced stock rear shocks with Notorious 6s front shocks and Axial silicone shock bushings

Installed Scorched Parts inner fender wells

New PH Raptors MXSC belted tires
20230221_121007.jpg

20230221_121012.jpg

20230221_121017.jpg

20230221_121025.jpg

20230221_142352.jpg

Also cut the body for my 3s Slash for my first paint job. Practice before I paint my Tekno shell. 😜 Just need to punch the post holes out and trim a little 1st.
20230221_153947.jpg

I haven't done anything, the last two weeks at work have been brutal and this week seems to be more of the same, I had lots of plans for last weekend, but was to exhausted to even putter. I sat at my worktable and looked at my RC's and couldn't focus, I have two projects torn apart and nothing was making sense so I gave up. Hoping this weekend is a little more productive. :dead:

I haven't done anything, the last two weeks at work have been brutal and this week seems to be more of the same, I had lots of plans for last weekend, but was to exhausted to even putter. I sat at my worktable and looked at my RC's and couldn't focus, I have two projects torn apart and nothing was making sense so I gave up. Hoping this weekend is a little more productive. :dead:
Believe You Can Do It GIF by South Park
I have faith in ya!! 😁 ✌️

Been off work the last 3 weeks. Off the next 4 weeks or so and felt the same. Couple Sundays I ran my stampede for 40 minutes.

Modding my pontoon kick boat a little bit. The factory trolling motor plate can be mounted either the right side or left.
I am building a plate to mount it in the center for better tracking.

Colorado-XT-rear-amz-26.5.16.jpg

Modding my pontoon kick boat a little bit. The factory trolling motor plate can be mounted either the right side or left.
I am building a plate to mount it in the center for better tracking.

View attachment 160748
Mounted in the center will still keep it out of the way while casting? And can you reach it easily in the center? I could see it bonking me in the head every time I move. I don't know how far up the handle sits, being how I don't fish I'm just curious.

Not necessarily moved because of casting, it will be better for the pontoon to actually track better.
I have already installed a swivel seat so it will be easy to reach. Some guys mod it to turn with the turn of the seat and use a power box mounted on the side..

Finished the trolling motor mounting plate. This is going to work much better. It will help the pontoon track better.

IMG_0810.JPG

Last edited: