Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent quite a bit of time tinkering with my mini crawlers this weekend. Mostly, trying to lower the center of gravity on these rigs. Weighted a set of stock wheels, swapped several sets of wheels and tires, then swapping around wheel sets on multiple vehicles:
1. SCX24 Deadbolt with diy weighted wheel sets from FMS Atlas. Between the wheels and hex extensions, the Deadbolt has a significantly wider stance now.
2. EazyRC Patriot got new aluminum wheels and also got Deadbolt's original wheel weights. These new 1.0 beadlocks shows the use of brass wheel weights, but it requires 20 screws per wheel, to install the tires 😲
3. One of the EazyRC Arizona hood latch broke, so I modded a magnet "latching" system. So much better now!
4. Also tried out the weighted Atlas wheel set on the Arizona.

I think I'm satisfied for now.
1115212027a.jpg
1121211347.jpg
1121211345.jpg
1121211338_Burst01.jpg
1121211338e.jpg

1121211336c.jpg
1121211356d.jpg

1121211356h.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe you don't enjoy all those tiny bead lock screws. Nice work.
Let me tell you the ordeal I had involving these beadlocks, this past weekend. I wanted aluminum wheels to use in conjunction with the stock FMS Atlas tires, for the Deadbolt.
The first set of aluminum set did not fit, the wheels were just a little smaller than the tires. These wheels also included tires (which are nice and soft), so I figured it may be just a proprietary design.
So, I order a different 1.0 aluminum set. These are the ones with the 20 screws per wheel. Saturday night, I made 3 attempts to get these to install, no dice! The Atlas tires are just slightly larger than 1.0 🙁

So, after much thought, new tire/wheel set game plan. There was a lot of modding and swapping out.

Long story short: since the new aluminum wheels allow for the use of Deadbolt's brass wheel weights, I had decided that these will go on the Patriot(Land Cruiser). I used the first aluminum wheel set's tires for this. I installed the first 2 sets and realized that it needs the original foam inserts. Sooooo, I had to undo these 2 wheels, yet again! 😒 Mind you, it takes about 5 minutes per wheel to install these.... That's once you get familiarized with them.

I plan not to mess with those wheels again....ever....if I can help it.

Last edited:
Not RC related but electronic nonetheless. Had to setup and a make shift test bench and test a batch of "repaired" trunk amps. 90% so far are unusable. Turning a 2hr project, into a multi-day project. It's very annoying.

20211208_115938.jpg

Not RC related but electronic nonetheless. Had to setup and a make shift test bench and test a batch of "repaired" trunk amps. 90% so far are unusable. Turning a 2hr project, into a multi-day project. It's very annoying.

View attachment 138727
Cool stuff!

I've been hooked on 3D printing stuff for like a week or more now. I've been printing hop up parts for my 3D Printer :)

20211208_170834.jpg

Last edited:
Got my order from Jenny's RC today with the Mojave parts I needed. Got the body mounts, T2T brace and side guards all mounted on the Mojave build. Center driveshafts should be here in the next couple days so I'll just need to find and order a body and she'll be all complete.
20211208_122143.jpg
20211208_133322.jpg
20211208_133325.jpg
20211208_133317.jpg

Swapped some wheels/tire combination, around between some of my SCX24 and 1/18 EazyRC and FMS.

So no hammer time?
Nope. Thanks to WickeFog, The Ender3 v2 gets to live another day. 🤣
Its actually been printing fairly well recently. Its just a huge PITA to get it all set up and start to muddle your way through all the 7000 settings. lol

Got a set of RC4WD 1.0 Scrambler tires in the hopes that it would fit onto my EazyRC Glacier. Nope, too big!

My blue FMS Atlas lost steering. Turns out to be the stock integrated esc/receiver. I happen to have an unused esc from an older project that didn't work out, and a spare Flysky receiver. So, tonight, I pulled out the stock electronics. Hoping to get it back running again tomorrow!
1211212310b.jpg

Got a set of RC4WD 1.0 Scrambler tires in the hopes that it would fit onto my EazyRC Glacier. Nope, too big!

My blue FMS Atlas lost steering. Turns out to be the stock integrated esc/receiver. I happen to have an unused esc from an older project that didn't work out, and a spare Flysky receiver. So, tonight, I pulled out the stock electronics. Hoping to get it back running again tomorrow!View attachment 138955
Just finished soldering all the wires and connectors. Tested it out, and everything seems to be working. Steering is way off, so I'll have to reposition the horn and set endpoints with the GT3 tx. Just waiting for all the rubber taped wirings to cure before installing it into the rig.

Been slowly putting the Slash project together, and we took a break to print a front bulkhead to test something. I want to see how hard it would be to straighten the front suspension up for 0° caster.

Did a quick once over on my outcast 6s exb and hopefully secured the pinion properly. I unfortunately couldn't find the c-clip. I put orange locktite on the shaft (insert joke). Also finished the t-bone racing airtime 4.0 ramp, which the outcast will be going off tomorrow. So you might see me in the "what broke today" thread 😂 tomorrow.
20211214_181743.jpg
20211214_182148.jpg
20211214_183130.jpg
20211214_190930.jpg

Just finished soldering all the wires and connectors. Tested it out, and everything seems to be working. Steering is way off, so I'll have to reposition the horn and set endpoints with the GT3 tx. Just waiting for all the rubber taped wirings to cure before installing it into the rig.
Rubber tape all cured. Everything is functioning as it should. Repositioned steering servo horn, and set the endpoints. ESC is now held in the stock battery tray.
I removed the diy battery tray to work on this project. Now it is back in place, and I'm just waiting for the E6000 to cure before taking it out for the first run.