Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... Groceries have gone crazy
Yes they have.

Plans for today are to finish designing a mount for the Pro-Line body mount to attach to the shock tower I printed for the Slash project. More parts are arriving today for it, but still waiting on some shims for the transmission.

Wrapped the stock car build up for display on the shelf. Bare roller

To get it off my work table

I'm not going to run the dale body its sentimental had it about a decade too much time into it.

Then it evolved

Attachments

• IMG_20211214_191402.jpg
    IMG_20211214_191402.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20211214_191051.jpg
    IMG_20211214_191051.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211215_014358~2.jpg
    IMG_20211215_014358~2.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 25
Man... Groceries have gone crazy
Bro...you aint lyin'! We bought a bunch of groceries for holiday get together over the next 2 weeks which probably would have normally cost about $300 maybe $325 like 2 years ago. This year we spent about $450 for basically about the same stuff.

Replaced the front hub carriers on the xmaxx after breaking one today and stole a pin retainer off my other xmaxx to get it all back together lol. I had ordered some RPM front hub carriers a while back after breaking a caster block, so I lucked out and fixed my xmaxx relatively quickly. Also reglued 3 of the tires. None have blown apart but I could see the tire separating on a few. First time doing this too. I need to get some better tips.

Also started working on the outcast 6s exb. Driveshaft popped back in and pulled off the body mounts and rear shock tower.. I don't have any hardened steel screws to replace them with, only stainless which I'd rather not since stainless isn't as strong. Bent quite a few screws and broke a few as well. Arrma is kind enough to include spare body mounts, so that's awesome.
20211216_185901.jpg

20211216_182236.jpg

20211216_200534.jpg

20211216_200544.jpg

20211216_192707.jpg

Rear tire came off my Big Rock, and the hex nut disappeared. Got new hex nuts, pins, and wheel nuts. Used this as an opportunity to swap the tires from my Granite mega to the Big Rock. Interested to see if it makes a difference in handling.
20211217_181354.jpg

Rear tire came off my Big Rock, and the hex nut disappeared. Got new hex nuts, pins, and wheel nuts. Used this as an opportunity to swap the tires from my Granite mega to the Big Rock. Interested to see if it makes a difference in handling.View attachment 139187
If it's anything like my senton, check the screw inside the axle that holds the hub together. I don't know what it's called, but it literally flew off my truck randomly with wheel still attached lol.

Installed a couple body pins, carb linkage, and new fuel line on the Tmaxx.
Since I rebuilt it, I have yet to run it before I got busy with other projects. I will this spring though.

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

Got a set of RC4WD 1.0 Scrambler tires in the hopes that it would fit onto my EazyRC Glacier. Nope, too big!

My blue FMS Atlas lost steering. Turns out to be the stock integrated esc/receiver. I happen to have an unused esc from an older project that didn't work out, and a spare Flysky receiver. So, tonight, I pulled out the stock electronics. Hoping to get it back running again tomorrow!View attachment 138955

Rc4wd has a tire selector. I have a couole gallons of 1., 1.55, and 1.9s for trying to find the right tire and wheel combo. Eventually the right project will come along.

https://rc4wd.com/go/rc4wd-tire-finder/

Calipers can be handy also.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=calipers&t=samsung&iax=images&ia=images

Finished putting the outcast 6s back together and made another QS8 charger lead. I might convert my 6s/8s trucks to them and keep it simple.

Attachments

• 20211218_200033.jpg
    20211218_200033.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 22
Coming home from work, Thursday afternoon, something solid struck my hood and then my windshield. Put a large sunburst crack at the center base of the windshield. So, I took Friday off to get it replaced.
The install took about an hour, and afterwards I went to a really large inventory rc shop since it was nearby: Hobby Etc. I picked up 3 sets of RC4WD 1.0 pressed steel wheels, a set of Mud Slingers, and a set of Super Swamper Boggers.
The Super Swampers went on the Jeep, and the Mud Slingers went on the red Deadbolt, with the rims turned into a deep dish set-up. Combined with brass hex extensions, the red Deadbolt has a huge, wide stance, and also added a lot more weight down low!
1218212121.jpg
1218212122_Burst01.jpg
1218212123.jpg

1218212134.jpg

Last edited:
While not really wrenching, I started weathering my F-18 since it was to foggy to fly this morning.
Mostly just using chalk pastels. I just rough 'em up on sandpaper, then dab or brush them on.

Tools of the trade.
PSX_20211218_195048.jpg

F-18 In progress
PSX_20211218_195007.jpg

Coming home from work, Thursday afternoon, something solid struck my hood and then my windshield. Put a large sunburst crack at the center base of the windshield. So, I took Friday off to get it replaced.
The install took about an hour, and afterwards I went to a really large inventory rc shop since it was nearby: Hobby Etc. I picked up 3 sets of RC4WD 1.0 pressed steel wheels, a set of Mud Slingers, and a set of Super Swamper Boggers.
The Super Swampers went on the Jeep, and the Mud Slingers went on the red Deadbolt, with the rims turned into a deep dish set-up. Combined with brass hex extensions, the red Deadbolt has a huge, wide stance, and also added a lot more weight down low!View attachment 139249View attachment 139250View attachment 139251View attachment 139252
View attachment 139253View attachment 139254
Those wheels look great and not the red deadbolt looks like a real beast! 😍

Last edited:
While not really wrenching, I started weathering my F-18 since it was to foggy to fly this morning.
Mostly just using chalk pastels. I just rough 'em up on sandpaper, then dab or brush them on.

Tools of the trade.
View attachment 139262

F-18 In progress
View attachment 139263

Those wheels look great and not the red deadbolt looks like a real beast! 😍
As far as I'm concerned, that's body work, which I consider wrenching. Looks awesome so far!

As far as I'm concerned, that's body work, which I consider wrenching. Looks awesome so far!
I'll take it, I've been slacking lately. The wife has been having some health issues, so I'm a bit distracted lately. Today was the first time I've felt productive in a while. Going to see if I can squeeze in some playtime tomorrow too. :)

I'll take it, I've been slacking lately. The wife has been having some health issues, so I'm a bit distracted lately. Today was the first time I've felt productive in a while. Going to see if I can squeeze in some playtime tomorrow too. :)
Wishing Mrs. Doom! a speedy recovery!