Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love Amazon sending out packages on a Sunday! I have been curious how that works, because they show up in a USPS van. Does USPS have a van rental? šŸ˜œ
In my area Amazon has their own delivery vans. Sunday delivery is cool but I'm kinda ticked off cuz I ordered a more expensive item because it said if I ordered within the next 3 hours Id get it next day which was yesterday but it never showed up yesterday. O__o

Amazon does have its advantages - but I first like to offer my business to the local guys. HobbyTown (local owned guy) is 30 miles away, and sometimes I don't really need it for a couple of days, but I will still make the trip to support him.

Amazon does have its advantages - but I first like to offer my business to the local guys. HobbyTown (local owned guy) is 30 miles away, and sometimes I don't really need it for a couple of days, but I will still make the trip to support him.
That is great. I loved HobbyTown when I lived in Indy. I could spend hours in that place, and usually did. From trains, to drones, to rc cars, etc, I was spreading drool all over that store. Employees were walking behind me dropping wet floor signs lol.

I used to always see if I could find it in town first, then it became harder and harder to find stuff locally, so I turned to the internet. Then every one complained nobody was buying local.

I miss being able to walk into a shop and see the item, and other things I didn't know were out there. But my local shops are all gone now. The most helpful shop was a mom and pop shop that finally retired, can't begrudge them that. The others were just mismanaged and did themselves in. :(

20210709_182232.jpg
love my HT. It is a drool šŸ¤¤store can hrs there. Have2 other local park flyers and extreme RC. And one more 45-60 mins away.
I used to always see if I could find it in town first, then it became harder and harder to find stuff locally, so I turned to the internet. Then every one complained nobody was buying local.

I miss being able to walk into a shop and see the item, and other things I didn't know were out there. But my local shops are all gone now. The most helpful shop was a mom and pop shop that finally retired, can't begrudge them that. The others were just mismanaged and did themselves in. :(
I would much rather go in person to the shop. Then buy online. Like you said you get to see& hold . And then maybe even find more stuff that you need WANT LOL. On line it's a gamble sometimes I get stuff I didn't even order and then have to send it back PITA. Only real good thing about Amazon is some times you don't even have to return the item. And still get your refund.

When I first started going to our hobby town it was awesome! Then in the last 6 or so years it slowly went down hill. I blame the manager, who then hired a bunch of Emo dimwits. Their selection died, along with thier customer service. It got to where it was a truly depressing creepy vibe. I used to be able to get anything right off the shelf, miss those days.

Yeah, we had a really cool hobby shop here with a dirt track, indoor carpet track, and tons of models, trains, rc, etc. It was called Joe's Hobby Barn. Joe was an awesome old dude. Never tried to sell you stuff you didn't need. You could barely walk through the place. Joe died and his son took it over. It was then called Buck's Hobby Barn. Here is Buck's place now...
Screenshot_20210718-114949_Maps.jpg

That was all RC back in the day. I almost cried when I went there when the shop was still standing and the track was overgrown with weeds. Looks like Buck found something more profitable.

When I first started going to our hobby town it was awesome! Then in the last 6 or so years it slowly went down hill. I blame the manager, who then hired a bunch of Emo dimwits. Their selection died, along with thier customer service. It got to where it was a truly depressing creepy vibe. I used to be able to get anything right off the shelf, miss those days.
Yes or even build a good relationship with the local shop. Then they would call you when new stuff came in or you call and just place a order with them. Or when new items were released and they knew you were looking for or had that RC and would give you a call. about it. Those were the days.

Yeah, we had a really cool hobby shop here with a dirt track, indoor carpet track, and tons of models, trains, rc, etc. It was called Joe's Hobby Barn. Joe was an awesome old dude. Never tried to sell you stuff you didn't need. You could barely walk through the place. Joe died and his son took it over. It was then called Buck's Hobby Barn. Here is Buck's place now...
View attachment 129740
That was all RC back in the day. I almost cried when I went there when the shop was still standing and the track was overgrown with weeds. Looks like Buck found something more profitable.
Dam man that looks like it was a bad ass spot dam kids always run there dads hard earned businesses into the ground. Or they just sell out. See it all the time there is no work ethic or drive with kids poop or even adults these days. So sad

Yes or even build a good relationship with the local shop. Then they would call you when new stuff came in or you call and just place a order with them. Or when new items were released and they knew you were looking for or had that RC and would give you a call. about it. Those were the days.
Yeah, here that was Roy's Trains. They added rc's to thier shop and were really nice folks that would do anything for you. I ordered lots of stuff from them that I could have got online.

Not today like you said dimwitted idiots. I swear they only look for a body or face to put at counters any more. Use to be people with knowledge not any more I always get part number please. Even if I go in and ask for say glow plugs or a 20T pinon. Used to grab a couple different ones and let you pick. NOT ANYMORE SO SAD

I did not get to wrench on what I wanted to wrench on. Instead i had to wrench on this...
20210718_142849.jpg

I did manage to get this up and running last night though :)
20210714_151336.jpg

What happened man
Thermistor is bad it looks like. Plus once I got it apart I saw the belt was already broken about half way through so it was just a matter of time before that was gonna go anyway. $68 later and parts are ordered.

@Greywolf74 C'mon man there's gotta be some sort of hop ups for that dryer!
I'm thinking a small jet engine would supply heat and 100x more air than that wimpy squirrel cage fan, and a drum motor fast enough to turn the dryer into a centrifuge. You could fill the dryer up with wet clothes and dry them in 20 seconds, but you would probably have to add some welded I-beams to the housing and bolt it to the floor. Hell, you probably wouldn't even have to wash the clothes. Just a quick spin in the JetDry Beefcake 5000, and the dirt would be... just... gone!

@Greywolf74 C'mon man there's gotta be some sort of hop ups for that dryer!
Twin Turbo Chevy small block? šŸ¤£
I'm thinking a small jet engine would supply heat and 100x more air than that wimpy squirrel cage fan, and a drum motor fast enough to turn the dryer into a centrifuge. You could fill the dryer up with wet clothes and dry them in 20 seconds, but you would probably have to add some welded I-beams to the housing and bolt it to the floor. Hell, you probably wouldn't even have to wash the clothes. Just a quick spin in the JetDry Beefcake 5000, and the dirt would be... just... gone!
As Tim Allen says, I bet the poop stains just fly right out of my underwear LMAO. Anyone ever watch Tim Allen stand up? too funny

Twin Turbo Chevy small block? šŸ¤£

As Tim Allen says, I bet the poop stains just fly right out of my underwear LMAO. Anyone ever watch Tim Allen stand up? too funny
Hell yeah. He is hilarious!