What is your favorite LiPo battery?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of them until you mentioned them. I went to their site and all the 2s stick packs are sold out.

How are you liking them?

I have a lot of HRB batteries, his has great power, compared to ZEE, I prefer HRB!

Gen's Ace and x2z are brilliant, i also have a set of smart charge Traxxas 6700 they are good but I find the others better.

Last edited:
I use only

4s , 6s and 8s

1x 4s when driving 4s rig

2x 4s for 8s

And single 6s for 6s rigs

Have different lipos from same brand.
Just depending on what rig i run i need have 4s 6s lipos

I use only

CNHL Racing Series 9500mAh 14.8V 4S 90C Lipo Battery with 8.0mm Bullet Plug​

6s packs

CNHL Racing Series 6200mAh 22.2V 6S 90C Lipo Battery with 8.0mm Bullet Plug​

20201203140_691474e3-16c0-4e15-915e-d5b91ba341b7_403x403.jpg

i love 8mm bullet Lipos , these white CNHL in 4s or 6s packs

Great price, fast shipping, awsome performance . Best lipos if you ask me

90c constant, 180c burst

Have alot of these

There are a LOT of LiPo batteries out there, some of which are much better than others. This thread will hopefully help those looking for a good LiPo battery without spending a ton of money, but provide plenty of power, life and fun!

I personally have had the best luck and have been very happy with SMC Racing batteries.

What LiPo batteries have you used and recommend?
powerhobby or ChinaHobbyLine lipos

powerhobby or ChinaHobbyLine lipos
The G+ series from CNHL are really good, especially for the money. Their "Racing" series not so much. PowerHobby is overpriced and not very good in terms of performance.

There are a LOT of LiPo batteries out there, some of which are much better than others. This thread will hopefully help those looking for a good LiPo battery without spending a ton of money, but provide plenty of power, life and fun!

I personally have had the best luck and have been very happy with SMC Racing batteries.

What LiPo batteries have you used and recommend?
I've startee using cnhl lipos pretty good so far and tje price is good ..smc I've heard r really good also
I ran SMC's the first couple of years which were all 2S2P, then started using others when I went to 3S and now go with 3S1P or 4S1P.

So far, the liperior 45C 5000mah 3S packs are working really well for me in my 6S trucks. I get good punch out of them and decent run times. For their size/weight/performance, if they last me 1.5-2 years, I'll keep buying those for everything 3S and similar version for my 4S trucks.

My weakest packs are HRB 5000mah 50C packs. I typically ran those only in my ERBEv2 as they were the lightest/thinnest packs I had. I still use them, but they are taking longer to charge and the punch fades pretty good once they hit 50% empty or so.

The heartiest packs I've had were hobbystar 50C 6200mah 3S packs. They had great punch, decent run times, but were thick/heavy. I'm phasing those out in favor of the liperior 45C's.

I have a set of CNHL 65C Black 5000mah 3S. They are kind of heavy and barely fit in the ERBEv2 with the battery clips in it.

My first liperior purchase was a pair of their 65C 5000mah 3S. They are too thick for the ERBEv2 and are heavy. I'll only run them in my outcast, but when they die, I won't buy them again. I like running the same thing as much as possible in all my trucks. Avoids confusion and keeping track of what does what.

I'll feel better and the end of next year suggesting the liperior's to others. I figure if I get 1.5-2 years out of a pack, then that's a good life. I tend to run to LVC every time and I charge at 1.5C usually.

Size comparisons:
2020-0828-Liperior5000mah65C-HS6200mah50C-CNHL5000mah65C-HRB5000mah50C.jpg

2021-0104-Liperior5000mah65C-45C-CNHL5000mah65C-HRB5000mah50C.jpg
have a question i have all 4s and 6s1p..have one that says 4S2P am i supposed to run that with another pack to get tje best performance

I've startee using cnhl lipos pretty good so far and tje price is good ..smc I've heard r really good also
SMC are decent but really their SRD packs are the only thing that have thats really good. The CNHL G+ Series is really good but the black and orange Racing Series packs are only OK. I still have a couple of CNHLs other lipos to test but I havent gotten to them yet.

have a question i have all 4s and 6s1p..have one that says 4S2P am i supposed to run that with another pack to get tje best performance
4S1P and 4S2P are basically the same battery. There can be slight performance variations between them but basically the same. Those designations only have to do with the internal configuration of the pack. For example 4S1P means that the internal battery design is 4 signle cells that are wired up all in series. Hence the designation 4 series 1 parallel.

4S2P would mean that internally the lipo has 8 total cells. those 8 cells are wired up with pairs of cells in parallel and the the 4 pairs of paralleled cells are then wired up in series to create 4S2P or 4 series of 2 parallel. Hope that helps.

4S1P.JPG
4S2P.JPG

SMC are decent but really their SRD packs are the only thing that have thats really good. The CNHL G+ Series is really good but the black and orange Racing Series packs are only OK. I still have a couple of CNHLs other lipos to test but I havent gotten to them yet.

4S1P and 4S2P are basically the same battery. There can be slight performance variations between them but basically the same. Those designations only have to do with the internal configuration of the pack. For example 4S1P means that the internal battery design is 4 signle cells that are wired up all in series. Hence the designation 4 series 1 parallel.

4S2P would mean that internally the lipo has 8 total cells. those 8 cells are wired up with pairs of cells in parallel and the the 4 pairs of paralleled cells are then wired up in series to create 4S2P or 4 series of 2 parallel. Hope that helps.

View attachment 155712View attachment 155713
ok i see now so really it dont make a difference running it sigle

I didn’t even notice when I ordered my CNHL 5200 4s2p lipo and I used it several times before I even noticed it I just went to charge it and I was looking at the numbers and I was like wait a minute but somebody also told me to you actually get more I guess performance out of it when you’re running parallel with it is that true or no

I didn’t even notice when I ordered my CNHL 5200 4s2p lipo and I used it several times before I even noticed it I just went to charge it and I was looking at the numbers and I was like wait a minute but somebody also told me to you actually get more I guess performance out of it when you’re running parallel with it is that true or no
I mean you're technically gonna get a little better performance out of any two batteries ran in parallel but no not anything additional to what youd get running two 4S1P packs in parallel. Is it enough to tell a difference? Only in run time unless you are putting a big workload on that lipo then running two in parallel would be more apparent in terms of performance gain. Again though equally true of 1P packs also.

I mean you're technically gonna get a little better performance out of any two batteries ran in parallel but no not anything additional to what youd get running two 4S1P packs in parallel. Is it enough to tell a difference? Only in run time unless you are putting a big workload on that lipo then running two in parallel would be more apparent in terms of performance gain. Again though equally true of 1P packs also.
cool thanks for info

As best as I can tell, the +1P packs are to use cheaper/smaller cells to get the same current output and run time.

4S1P 5000mah 50C = 250A constant
4S2P 5000mah 50C = 250A constant (which is the same has having 2 4S packs wired in parallel)
4S1P 2500mah 50C + 4S1P 2500mah 50C in paralell = 250A constant

I use the venom stuff because it comes with all the adapters and i don’t solder. Seem good enough and haven’t had any problems with them. The company went under a few years ago but they are up again and are starting to make more batteries. I have a Losi TT Pro with Spektrum smart electronics (which i really like) and would love to have a smart g2 3s battery and charger but too expensive.

So I ran across this question from a while back and figured Id re-answer your question since I've learned some things from all of my LiPo testing I've done. High parallel packs actually do offer better performance in high amp draw situations like no prep drag racing for example. Even though 5000mAh 100C 2S1P and a 5000mAh 100C 2S4P pack offer the same voltage, capacity, and maximum theoretical amp draw limits, the higher parallel count pack does seem to maintain a higher voltage under load. So, for high amperage racing situations the higher parallel count can offer better performance in some cases.

That being said, I think theres a lot more engineering behind the no prep packs than just higher parallel counts because I've seen 2P packs specifically for no prep that preform about as well as 4P packs but if you look at a lot of the no prep specific LiPos out there most (if not all) of them use multiple packs in parallel. Just because a LiPo has a higher parallel count doesn't necessarily make it better than a lower count pack though but it does seem to be a technique battery engineers are employing to gain better high amperage performance out of packs.

Couple other things to note. Some LiPos arent using multiple cells in parallel for performance gains. A lot of times its just done to get higher mAh ratings without having to retool their manufacturing plants to make bigger cells which is expensive.

Also, with the exception of No prep packs, parallel packs arent very common because of higher failure rates. Twice as many cells = twice as much chance a cell could fail rendering the whole pack useless.

Last edited: