What is your favorite LiPo battery?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
There are a LOT of LiPo batteries out there, some of which are much better than others. This thread will hopefully help those looking for a good LiPo battery without spending a ton of money, but provide plenty of power, life and fun!

I personally have had the best luck and have been very happy with SMC Racing batteries.

What LiPo batteries have you used and recommend?

SMC #1
Trinity white carbon #2 when I need a 1 cell
used almost every brand out today none held up
max amps I was given (sponsored back in 2013)years ago were a joke
.a 2 cell battery rated at 200 amp could not supply any were near that then 1 cell would go bad..
now the absolute best lipo was a common sense lipo 3600mah 35c 2 cell @ 97 grams . I won a 6 pack in a carpet race back in 2006 . And the 6 batteries are still Great today.

Last edited:
I've only been back in the hobby for a short time so my first ever lipos have been Ovonic 50c 5200. I have a couple of those and a shorty version as well. I haven't had any complaints as of yet. They seem to balance well and run a long time. Of course I'm not professional enough to know if they're coming up short yet. If I get back into racing I may go to Reedy just to see if there's a noticeable difference and use these for practice.

I ran SMC's the first couple of years which were all 2S2P, then started using others when I went to 3S and now go with 3S1P or 4S1P.

So far, the liperior 45C 5000mah 3S packs are working really well for me in my 6S trucks. I get good punch out of them and decent run times. For their size/weight/performance, if they last me 1.5-2 years, I'll keep buying those for everything 3S and similar version for my 4S trucks.

My weakest packs are HRB 5000mah 50C packs. I typically ran those only in my ERBEv2 as they were the lightest/thinnest packs I had. I still use them, but they are taking longer to charge and the punch fades pretty good once they hit 50% empty or so.

The heartiest packs I've had were hobbystar 50C 6200mah 3S packs. They had great punch, decent run times, but were thick/heavy. I'm phasing those out in favor of the liperior 45C's.

I have a set of CNHL 65C Black 5000mah 3S. They are kind of heavy and barely fit in the ERBEv2 with the battery clips in it.

My first liperior purchase was a pair of their 65C 5000mah 3S. They are too thick for the ERBEv2 and are heavy. I'll only run them in my outcast, but when they die, I won't buy them again. I like running the same thing as much as possible in all my trucks. Avoids confusion and keeping track of what does what.

I'll feel better and the end of next year suggesting the liperior's to others. I figure if I get 1.5-2 years out of a pack, then that's a good life. I tend to run to LVC every time and I charge at 1.5C usually.

Size comparisons:
2020-0828-Liperior5000mah65C-HS6200mah50C-CNHL5000mah65C-HRB5000mah50C.jpg

2021-0104-Liperior5000mah65C-45C-CNHL5000mah65C-HRB5000mah50C.jpg

All of my batteries are Gen's Ace. I have tried several of the cheaper brands (usually anything i find on eBay and Amazon for under $30), and none of them have held up near as well as my 2S and 3S Gen's Ace batteries. I have noticed that the price has been slowly increasing for them though. 3 years ago i bought two 2S 5000MAH 50C batteries for $38 each, that i am still using. After i saw how well they hold up, as well as the added runtime over most of the other cheaper batteries, i bought 2 more 2 years ago, at $45 each, then, last spring and this spring i bought 2 each of the 3S (4000MAH 50C) versions. Two of my oldest ones are starting to puff up a bit, but, so far they are still taking a charge and holding up well. I will probably replace them soon though.

I run zeee brand. Never had issue with them. I run 5200mah 50c 2s and 3s packs and never had issue. They are on the cheap end at 17 a pack for 2s. I buy them off Amazon and they run everything I have from grasshoppers to clodbusters to smt10 monster trucks. They work well with my venom charger.

There are a LOT of LiPo batteries out there, some of which are much better than others. This thread will hopefully help those looking for a good LiPo battery without spending a ton of money, but provide plenty of power, life and fun!

I personally have had the best luck and have been very happy with SMC Racing batteries.

I've used many different brands of lipo batteries but I've settled in with a few. Floureon, Muscle Pack, E Speed, and Zeee. Not too expensive and they bring the power!

I've been a gensacearespammers fan since I started back up in rc (2017). I've tried many brands, mostly discount ones, but none hold up as well as the Aces. I recently picked up a Zeee 6000 100c 6s and so far, pretty impressed. Still not as good as a comparable Ace.

I'm a GenAce fan also. Been using gensacearespammers hard case for 3 years on all my 36 RC MT. Out of the 3 years I've only had one that split the hard case. Remember NEVER charge a LiPo when it hot or warm. Also, if you charge your LiPo,s one or two Amp's below the rated mAh rating your LiPo's will last longer.

Hard to say have not had issues with any of the many brands I've picked up. Hoovo, Dynamite Reaction2, Zeee, Youme, Goldbat, Povway, just picked up a CNHL new racing series 90c 6s pack for speed running have to see how it performs. All going strong either in my bashing rigs or speed running with no issues.

gensacearespammers for me too Although I have had considerable luck with Venom

@WoodiE covered that in another post. The forum had issues with them, and their practices. I dont remember all the details, but now the forum automatically changes Gen's Ace to gensacespammers anytime someone types it.
I'd assume they tried spamming the forum with ads for their product without becoming a vendor the correct way.

I'd assume they tried spamming the forum with ads for their product without becoming a vendor the correct way.
IIRC, that was part of it. You would have to ask @WoodiE for more details about it. All i know is, because of the whole thing, the forum automatically makes the change in the name.

If your on a budget, about 6 months ago, I bought 4 Awanfi batteries for $22.50 each. So far, they are still running great. Just as good as my Orion. We use them for racing and bashing. I know they aren't as good as SMC or Trinity, but you can buy 3 or 4 Awanfis for the price of 1 of those.

Floureons are decent. I also like Goldbat lipos as well. I would name another, but it adds spammers to the name

I don't use LiPo's often because of the risk when using them. I am not very good at caring for them, but I guess Zee batteries are great.