USA-1 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added pics for you.

When you view the pic in the gallery look below the pic and you will see an URL between IMG tags in the box labeled BB code. Cut and paste what is in the box into your posts and you will be good to go.

That piston sticking in the sleeve is a good thing, means the engine has good compression. I wouldn't sweat it too much right now and I wouldn't keep trying to force it either. Put some ARO or Marvel Mystery Oil in there, work it over a few times, put the piston at BDC and leave it for the time being.

ok, thank you. now i'm having some difficulties with the rear hubs. they are made from very tough plastic and i'm supposed to cut them. how do i cut these. i've been working with a razor plade and a sawish kitchen knife lol can't even get half way through.

Hack saw or Dremel tool. You're just making sure the hubs clear the rear rims, so doesn't have to be exact.

this build is takin' its good 'ol tim i tell ya... this is what i have done so far, and its just the right rear.

USA-1_Build.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Well, thanks to GRG's thread, I decided to break my old USA-1 out today and run a couple tanks.

WOW!

Other than needing to replace the glow plug, the old girl (stock, original Kyosho GS-21 mill) fired right up and we had a good, good time! Too bad I was having some radio issues, but I'm hoping it's just because I let the TX battery get low and didn't charge it up (if not, I'm going to have issues at the race next weekend!)

Also sounds like I need to put some grease in the diff's, but otherwise, that old MT sure was getting around!

GRG, you're going to have fun with this thing when you get it built!

i need to build some more but i've been so tired this weekend and at my aunts i just havent done anything since friday.

looking good looking good. Monkey you rig looks nice too. Don't spend too much time tinkering with it tho.

look real good!

take it nice and slow, dont rush anything, start rushing and u start forgetting things! lol

..... And you made fun of my "pink" fuel lines..... Sheesh, Monkey!! (j/k)

Those are sure some sharp looking rigs. I remember way back when they first came out, wanting one. Seeing one now, kinda brings back that feeling. Enjoy the build; I'll be following along.. It'll be sorta like the USA1 I never had.​

..... And you made fun of my "pink" fuel lines..... Sheesh, Monkey!! (j/k)

Those are sure some sharp looking rigs. I remember way back when they first came out, wanting one. Seeing one now, kinda brings back that feeling. Enjoy the build; I'll be following along.. It'll be sorta like the USA1 I never had.

Ah, touce' my friend! I was feeling pretty that day!

no......still at the same place. i got tired of having to get it out in my kitchen then clean it up so we're setting up a table in my garage

no......still at the same place. i got tired of having to get it out in my kitchen then clean it up so we're setting up a table in my garage
The way my 'ol lady cooks I'm thankful to have the kitchen table jammed up with a project.

well, since school is almost out, i decided it was about time to get the truck back out and start building. i cleaned off my work place,, but this time i decided to organize the screws more to make it easier to find them than searching through a million bags. the problem is i still can't find the screws I'm looking for. i dont know exactly how the measurements work either. I'm looking for an m6x18 round head. i dont want to use the wrong screw, and there are only two of the one i first thought it was, i need 8

could anyone help me understand better how to figure out the screw sizing?

Well, it's fairly simple. You'll need a metric ruler. Just measure the length x diameter.

Now, as for pitch, almost all R/C metric screws are .7 pitch. You can test this by going to your local ACE hardware, to the screw bins. They have a 'sizing jig' there that can help you figure out the pitch and diameter.

I'm just about ready to throw this thing out. the screws are making me very mad. now it says i need an "m2.6x18t". i can't fint one single round head screw thats 18mm long with thread that matches the little diagram in the back of the manual..they're all 15 or 20mm long. and i thought it was going well until i had to use a screw again.

this is the screw that has pretty much stopped me from building this for six months

Back