My Traxxas XO-1 V1 Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ya everyone, How's your Wednesday afternoon going? Serena is back in action! i got all my parts and fluids in the mail from Amain this afternoon i worked on for over an hour so it's a good thing my visit to my grandparents was cancelled today.
20240410_135836.jpg

I rebuilt the differentials and put 100k fluid in the front and 30k in the rear so she still running stock wt diff fluid up front but in the rear i got an idea from an old youtube video of someones XO-1 tuning video. I also put new shock springs on her Revo\Slayer\Summit type springs Blue\5.9 in the rear and silver\4.9 in the front i got that idea from the old XO-1 guru Rhouse21 RC Physics youtube channel. And finally i bought new stock rear tires just because my old front set are still good but will eventually need to be replaced and at the same time i do that she'll get a new body and i'll rebuild all the driveshafts since the rubber boots are torn in the front and the rear are starting to dry rot.

So what's in the future for this car? She'll definitely stick around and i'll slowly start building more confidence running her at speed and eventually get setup to 100mph with her current electronics and setup then make changes if needed. After i finish refurbishing her and adjusting her to my liking i'll just run her as she is then focus on a new speed car project. Can you guess what my new onroad speed project will be? Bye for now.

I'd guess a limitless since that seems to be the popular choice for speed guys.

Bingo you are correct! Even though i have thought of a Felony or an Infraction but i have thought of trying to adjust a limitless to be both a street and speed basher like my XO-1 currently is setup for. I'm in the debate if i should do a trick i learned from rattlecanonlexan on youtube with an Arrma center diff and some Scorched RC titanium center driveshafts or go with a Speedtek RC spool with a 46 - 50 tooth spur. If i did the Limitless i would name her Aria to go with Serena since Aria is my other favorite Pokegirl from Pokemon. Her esc and motor combo would be a Castle XLX2 with a 1721 1,260kv (If you're wondering why not a 2,400kv 1721 i learned they have no warranty) and for the servo she'd get a perfect pass servo then an R8FG receiver to pair to my RC8X.

I don't have a limitless so I don't have much viable info for you. I did get into speed runs with an infraction but didn't get much over 100 before I lost interest. Just not my thing. Too stressful.

My guess? ARRMA Typhon 6s.

[ Edit: Oops. Missed the cut. No limit to the number of Limitless being built. They run out good, that's for sure. Good luck. ]
Nice try kudos to you, I looked into Typhons for off road basher but i'm not really an 1\8 buggy guy. I'm leaning towards the Limitless since i love the F1 car style and how's it one of the fastest rc cars you can buy\build. Although mine will be setup for mostly bashing\course racing but also be capable of being a 120+mph speedrunner as well.

Back