My Traxxas XO-1 V1 Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I post my Summit over there?

View attachment 173396

What's black mean? 🤣

The Firma 150a is notorious for going up in smoke.
I'm not sure if you should post your Summit on the Traxxas forums most of the vehicle posts i did were with custom electronics but i got in very little trouble for it. although one person kept posting comments about other brand rc's he wanted and he got banned for it.

They do make a TLR Tuned Typhon, maybe that is what you were thinking about. The TLR Typhon comes in a roller, or a RTR with Spektrum electronics. TLR teamed up with Arrma and made it more raceable, and more durable with aluminum upgrades.

Is the Arrma Notorious, notorious for that :eek:
It's weaker in some areas vs the rtr. The pill inserts for the suspension mounts and the shock towers are one that I know of off the top of my head.

This is my Traxxas XO-1 with Corvette Body !!!

IMG_0492.jpeg

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0442.jpeg

Cool car, Mines currently taken apart since i took the Max 6 G1 combo out of it i took the Max 6 for my X-Maxx and i plan to sell the 4985 motor if i can't find a G1 Max 6 for the car. My current plan's are to put in a Max 6 G2\4990 1,650KV combo next summer i'm also going to buy and paint a new V2 body and get new wheels\tires specifically the new powerhobby ones for the Arrma 1\7's for my car. But i first need to get some new batteries for it specifically x2 3s' i'm thinkin a set of Gens A or another set of Zeee 7,000 100C's from Amazon.

Cool car, Mines currently taken apart since i took the Max 6 G1 combo out of it i took the Max 6 for my X-Maxx and i plan to sell the 4985 motor if i can't find a G1 Max 6 for the car. My current plan's are to put in a Max 6 G2\4990 1,650KV combo next summer i'm also going to buy and paint a new V2 body and get new wheels\tires specifically the new powerhobby ones for the Arrma 1\7's for my car. But i first need to get some new batteries for it specifically x2 3s' i'm thinkin a set of Gens A or another set of Zeee 7,000 100C's from Amazon.
Why can't you use any other brand/model of ESC with that motor? Every vehicle i own has mismatch electronics except the road cars that all use speed passion electronics. Just curious.

Why can't you use any other brand/model of ESC with that motor? Every vehicle i own has mismatch electronics except the road cars that all use speed passion electronics. Just curious.
I heard somewhere the new HW Max G2 ESC's don't like sensorless motors at least it was like that with the Max 5 G2 i'm not sure if it'll be the same with the Max 6 G2 will pair well with a sensorless motor or if you have to use the new 4990 or 5690 motors with it.

I heard somewhere the new HW Max G2 ESC's don't like sensorless motors at least it was like that with the Max 5 G2 i'm not sure if it'll be the same with the Max 6 G2 will pair well with a sensorless motor or if you have to use the new 4990 or 5690 motors with it.
I have a max 6, about 1 month old now, with a surpass 4292 in my Tekno MT410, sensorless, running fine. It doesn't have the instant forward/reverse that i loved with the castle MMX ESC, which was mated to a 4276 2000 KV motor, but the MMX only lasted a couple of battery packs before it died on me. So i pulled both the motor and ESC, put in the larger 1650kv motor to reduce operating temps and upgraded to the Max 6, in hopes that the larger electronics would live a longer and less stressful life because it pisses me off when i spend a lot of money on things that only last a few minutes. If i was running smaller ties i think the MMX ESC would have been capable enough but it just couldn't handle the stress of all that rubber.

IMG_20230910_102538564.jpg

IMG_20230910_102236553.jpg

IMG_20230910_102243553.jpg

IMG_20230910_102406072.jpg

IMG_20230910_102227325.jpg

When i ran my XO-1 on 4s with the Max 6 G1 and 4985 1,650KV combo running 16T pinion and 46T steel traxxas spur and it ran cool. The only thing i worry about is trying to find another G1 Max 6 to run with the motor i already have. although i have considered buying a 8BL150 G2 to replace the Max 6 i took out for my X-Maxx since i only plan to run my XO-1 on 4 and 6s only but i worry the 8BL150 G2 won't enough to power that big 1,650KV.

James McCoy's WORLD'S FASTEST RC CAR 222mph Arrma Limitless GT (stock length)​

James McCoy's WORLD'S FASTEST RC CAR 222mph Arrma Limitless GT (stock length)​

Yeah i heard about that, I was thinking about buying a Limitless or an Infraction 1\7 but currently i want a Losi 5ive-T or a 30DN DTT-7 V2 (5ive-T clone) and i have a few projects to complete before i buy any other RC cars or trucks.

I love that there are people who build RC cars that are faster than you can imagine !!!

I love that there are people who build RC cars that are faster than you can imagine !!!
That's what i love about cars like the XO-1, the Arrma 1\7 on roads, the Hobao VTE2 and the Rlaarlo AK-917 or 787 they are so crazy fast and you can mod them to go extremely fast. But currently i'm looking at doing more off road vehicles i can run at my grandparents since they have a wide open field next to their apartment complex.

There is even someone on YouTube who has an RC car with 100 HP, this car has 4 green brushless motors and 4 speed controllers and the car cost $6000 !!!

There is even someone on YouTube who has an RC car with 100 HP, this car has 4 green brushless motors and 4 speed controllers and the car cost $6000 !!!
I've that too Kevin Talbot i know him on YouTube he's the one who help me make my decision on buying my first X-Maxx he always does crazy things with RC vehicles. I heard he's planning to move away from the UK to Isle of man which is a British island off the mainland.

I know it's been awhile but i got my XO-1 back up and running this week and ran it a couple of days ago i also geared it up from 16\46 to 20\46 the temps are still good even on 4s i just don't have 2 3s batteries to run it on 6s currently but maybe next month after i get paid i can get new batteries for the car and my other cars. Here she is after her return.
20231221_161212.jpg

Here she is with the RC8X radio it's still rocking and ran somewhat okay despite my street condition and the season my state doesn't really snow during December anymore but there are a lot of acorns and leaves around during this time. But she still ran okay and even my neighbors liked her and she raced my neighbor's daughter on her bike.
20231220_114228.jpg

Not much has changed under the body except for changing the pinion gear to a 20 tooth from my X-Maxx after regearing that to run the MX-43's. I do have quite a bit planned for the XO under the body as well as her electronics i plan to swap the Max 6 G1 with the 4985 1,650kv combo out for either a Mamba Monster X 8s with the Sensored 1717 1,650kv or the new Max 6 G2 with the new 4990 Sensored 1,650kv combo please let me know which i should put in there. I plan on keeping the radiolink receiver in there but she will get a Perfect Pass Monster Servo someday and maybe a Perfect Pass launch control module. I also plan to do the 2022 XO-1 updates to make her a V2 as well as add some weight to front to stop her from going airborne also as you can tell she needs new body someday. And lastly she needs new wheels and tires since the stock Traxxas ones i have come unglued in a couple of spots but they aren't blown off so should i reglue my existing tires or buy some new stocks or get some powerhobby grippers or some Pro-Line Avengers?

I know it's been awhile but i got my XO-1 back up and running this week and ran it a couple of days ago i also geared it up from 16\46 to 20\46 the temps are still good even on 4s i just don't have 2 3s batteries to run it on 6s currently but maybe next month after i get paid i can get new batteries for the car and my other cars. Here she is after her return.
View attachment 177560
Here she is with the RC8X radio it's still rocking and ran somewhat okay despite my street condition and the season my state doesn't really snow during December anymore but there are a lot of acorns and leaves around during this time. But she still ran okay and even my neighbors liked her and she raced my neighbor's daughter on her bike.
View attachment 177561
Not much has changed under the body except for changing the pinion gear to a 20 tooth from my X-Maxx after regearing that to run the MX-43's. I do have quite a bit planned for the XO under the body as well as her electronics i plan to swap the Max 6 G1 with the 4985 1,650kv combo out for either a Mamba Monster X 8s with the Sensored 1717 1,650kv or the new Max 6 G2 with the new 4990 Sensored 1,650kv combo please let me know which i should put in there. I plan on keeping the radiolink receiver in there but she will get a Perfect Pass Monster Servo someday and maybe a Perfect Pass launch control module. I also plan to do the 2022 XO-1 updates to make her a V2 as well as add some weight to front to stop her from going airborne also as you can tell she needs new body someday. And lastly she needs new wheels and tires since the stock Traxxas ones i have come unglued in a couple of spots but they aren't blown off so should i reglue my existing tires or buy some new stocks or get some powerhobby grippers or some Pro-Line Avengers?
I've been meaning to get myself another XO-1 one of these days but I've run out of room to store rigs lol

I've been meaning to get myself another XO-1 one of these days but I've run out of room to store rigs lol
They're great cars if you know how to tune them, If you get one please let mw know and also do your homework like i have before buying one and make sure you have a good road to drive it on i drive mine in front of my suburban house not at full speed. But it is fun to drift it around i have a few other on road cars planned like a Limitless V2 and a speedrun slash 4x4 build planned for next year. I also have a Rlaarlo AK-917 that you can check out the build thread to if you want. Happy RC'ing nonetheless can't wait to hear about what you get next.

They're great cars if you know how to tune them, If you get one please let mw know and also do your homework like i have before buying one and make sure you have a good road to drive it on i drive mine in front of my suburban house not at full speed. But it is fun to drift it around i have a few other on road cars planned like a Limitless V2 and a speedrun slash 4x4 build planned for next year. I also have a Rlaarlo AK-917 that you can check out the build thread to if you want. Happy RC'ing nonetheless can't wait to hear about what you get next.
I've already been down the speed run road. (pun intended hehe) I want one to drift it on 4S.

I've already been down the speed run road. (pun intended hehe) I want one to drift it on 4S.
I've been running mine on 4s these past few months since i accidentally killed my 2 3s batteries by running them too low and only running them on storage charge but i quit doing that for the most part for all my batteries. The one i have has a Hobbywing Max 6 G1\1,650kv 4985 combo i put in early this year since i bought my car as a brand new rolling chassis off eBay since i didn't want to deal with the Proprietary programming of the stock ESC and radio but sometimes i wish i bought a brand new RTR since the roller build was so much more expensive. But do what you want to do with your own car i'm not telling you what to do with yours.

Back