Tmaxx or Savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, blazer you answer quick. I have to agree with you on the cheap plastic and screws. That's why you either RPM everything with good hex heads or go Supermaxx.

duratraxx traxxas, bastads It's all the same right, guy's that are fighting to keep there heads above while losi, ae, and a few others absorb the market. :)

Fellas you'll find I like to be corrected when I'm wrong! No harm done.

Brandon

Umm I think Traxxas is doing just fine with it's part of the market and to tell you the truth I bet they make a lot more money than Losi and AE and they really have that general public market where Losi and AE make higher end stuff and caeter to the racers which are a smaller group.

The T-Maxx sold unlike anyother RC before it. It is responsible for blowing up the schene the last few years and gettin mad people into Nitro RC's, poop I am one of them. You can't say the Same about DuraTraxx.

I'll agree with you blazer. At first I found myself schowlling at rtr's and the such now I find my self dying for a mt of some sort. And damn a ready to run for 400 sure sounds nice. Damn I hate being a hipocrite! lol

Brandon

I'm leaning towards a Savage Now. Everyone at the track has one and thats why I don't really want one but what engine in the Savage will make it have tons of torque?

Steve

Hyper 7 8 port race, Picco .26, XTM 24-7 are probably the top 3 .21's I see in a Savage or a .21 Maxx conversion.

i put a .26 in my savage it rocks but you can't race with it at some places or so i'm told.i don't race but if i ever wanted to i would go with the 8 port race if the .26 was outlawed.if not get the .26 it has alot of torque.hard to keep the wheels on the ground..

Ya I heard the Hyper 7 8 Port is good and it isnt that expensive either.

Steve

get the race it is more $ than the 8 port but more torque.

The sirio .27 probably would beat any of those engines. Thats if you have cash though. It'll run you about 300.

I would go Savage, you dont have to upgrade tires they kick ass. It also has good braking. Savage!

Savage all the way.

Steve

The Savage may not have the speed for the RTR but it can sure haul when you get a XTM or Hyper 7, 8 Port in there.

Steve:jet:

Skip the .26 and .27, go with a RB Concepts WS7/C5 ( :bow: ) with UE Pullstart Mod.

Random question: Would you guys rather go with a Savage + WS7 or a 2.5 Maxx + RacerX?

Originally posted by Renegade88
I would go Savage, you dont have to upgrade tires they kick ass. It also has good braking. Savage!
Umm do you have a savage? The stock brakes on the savage wear faster than any other brake system I've seen. Brakes area definite weak spot on this truck...

Originally posted by militarymaxx
Well, there you go. Lots of good opinions on both trucks and one common thread is that none of the other trucks were spoken of. There are many other MT's out there but the top two have to be the Savage and the T-Maxx. So, if we can't necessarilly agree on which of these two to have, then I think we all agree that it there is really only two choices anyways.

ok, this might be spam... but Militarymaxx? That was absolutely an exquisite Jerry Springer closing dialog!

But to redeem myself from a useless post... I have owned only a Maxx and I haven't been disappointed with it yet. And stuff does break. And I have to replace it. But it is a performer.

Maxxes are better, but I own one so I am biased. I havent met a Savage I couldnt own! And now I have my Sirio .18 and as soon as its broken in all the way its going to be a Savage killer. I'll even drag a .21 to prove it! I got a 7.5lb Tmaxx so even though a sav can have big blocks I still win with the power to weight ratio.

Thats so funny to Silent checking Bmoc. Look at him grow up. I'm so proud! Get em Silent let em know.

Originally posted by humboldtblazer
I havent met a Savage I couldnt own! And now I have my Sirio .18 and as soon as its broken in all the way its going to be a Savage killer. I'll even drag a .21 to prove it!

You coming to Buffalo for the Bash in August?

I want to but I still dont know when my company is sending me to Milwakee in August. Once I find out for sure I'll know. Do I have a taker on my challenge?:D

Back