My Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJSRCLIFE

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi everyone, How's it going? Here i have a belated build thread about my Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate the latest one at the time before they had the clipless body available i built this truck back in May of 2023. This was my 4th Slash 4x4 1\10th scale i bought this truck as a roller from Cash4RC on eBay since my old one was needing a lot of work to get it to where i wanted it and made more sense to buy an all new truck and recycle some of the good parts like some 1 run old Traxxas S1 tires on Red and chrome wheels and a used platinum edition body i had from one of my previous trucks. here it was when i first got it.
20230517_155131.jpg

The truck did not come with shocks from Cash4RC but they had them separately so i bought them along with the truck.
20240317_143050.jpg

here she was after a run in my backyard yesterday on 2s lipo with my oldest battery a ZEEE 5200mah 2s 50c and my Radiolink RC8X.
20240319_175747.jpg

Here she is without her body on, She has a Hobbywing EZRun Max 10 SCT 120A 2s - 4s Brushless ESC combined with a Hobbywing EZRun 3660SL 3,200kv brushless motor for a long time this combo has worked well in many truck but either just because i run her on 2s she doesn't have much power or the motor is getting tired and she's also running hotter on 2s - 3s last running season she ran 140 F on 2s with the motor - 165 F on 3s with the motor. Last time i checked she was running a 17 tooth pinion and 54 tooth spur. For servo she's running a DS3218 Pro Amazon special and for Radio system she originally ran a Futaba 4pm (The Old one) and a R304SB 4 channel receiver but since summer of last year i bought a Radiolink RC8X i swapped her over to it with R6FG receiver and she's been running great on it. Hope you all have a great evening and goodbye for now.

Back