The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hI:
Well, what happened was something unthinkable. Near the buoy where this occurred, there was a submerged suction pump ... which, unfortunately, started its duty cycle as my boat passed. Electronagmetic interference, a receiver changed at the last minute and without activating the Fail-Safe ... failure assured ...
Remember: ALWAYS, ALWAYS, CONFIGURE YOUR FAIL-SAFE !!
What did you hit?
h
Hi:
HERE...

Attachments

• 20211114_202638.jpg
    20211114_202638.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
My toe still hurts from breaking it 8 years ago. Sorry bro. Tape it to an adjacent toe.

I feel for you! I did the same thing about 3-4 months ago and it was about 6 weeks before I was healed up. I hope you have a speedy recovery. It totally sucks.
This is my third time in 6 months and still haven't grown either one of my big toe nails back yet.

Pfffttt I love steel toed boots as much as my cell phone. It ain't happening:p

I have to wear "steel" toe boots for work. My pinky toe nail doesn't exist any more 😂. FYI, most "steel" toe boots have a composite cap now, vs bending steel and possibly not getting your crushed toes out.

Only thing I broke today was the toilet. Gotta stop eating trash 😂.

It's a 2005 dodge ram 2500 5.7 it has the 5 -45rfe transmission
Which solenoids did you change? Have you tested for third gear operation with the trans unplugged (you have to start the truck, then unplug the main harness. It wont start with it unplugged). If you unplug the trans, then put it in drive, does it try to go but act real sluggish? Have you tried manually shifting through each gear? Is the TV cable adjusted properly? The two most common problems for third gear acting up is either the TV is out of adjustment, or, since you changed the valve body and solenoids, possibly a bad OD piston, or bad OD piston seals. Is it throwing any codes?

Which solenoids did you change? Have you tested for third gear operation with the trans unplugged (you have to start the truck, then unplug the main harness. It wont start with it unplugged). If you unplug the trans, then put it in drive, does it try to go but act real sluggish? Have you tried manually shifting through each gear? Is the TV cable adjusted properly? The two most common problems for third gear acting up is either the TV is out of adjustment, or, since you changed the valve body and solenoids, possibly a bad OD piston, or bad OD piston seals. Is it throwing any codes?
The code reader says third gear out of ratio

Back