The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$86 shipped for 2 gallons of 25% shipped isn't too bad. Pretty sure I used to pay $30 a gallon for byrons gen2 2500 fuel at the LHS. Will have to remember these guys the next time I need fuel... in 2 years.

I got this for $97 bucks flat with free shipping for 3 gals ,shipped from Indiana!...:cool:

I was thinking on the 2 gal ,but it would cost $66 bucks with a shipping cost at $ 107 bucks ,
at the same place ,first choice was a no brainer!...:happy:

Spent some of my vacation payout on my v5 Typhon speed set-up, she will for sure be a 100+ rig now...

Delta plastics Maserati MC 12 corsa gt body
Spaz stix gold to red color change and candy orange paint
New cnhl racing series 5200 90c 6s pack
Oh and a MMX8S ESC ?

I ordered the Raspberry Pi Zero Hats to make a home-brew mp3 player. It's a great project that uses a bit of 3d printing to make the case and learning Linux (Raspbian OS) to make everything work.

Here's the audio portion that plugs into the Pi Zero W that I already have:

1612123154318.png

Here is the battery pack for it:

1612123153957.png

Attachments

• 1612123015832.png
    1612123015832.png
    912.8 KB · Views: 49
I got my son a 2wd Stampede for his birthday, I threw a set of RPM arms and bumper on it while the battery was charging. We’re now in South Dakota, so I also got him a set of paddle tires for the snow. I also got an Axial SCX24 B-17 Betty as a Valentine’s Day gift for my wife but she was unappreciative so it now mine. I guess she’ll just have to settle for the bracelet and earrings I gave her.

I got my son a 2wd Stampede for his birthday, I threw a set of RPM arms and bumper on it while the battery was charging. We’re now in South Dakota, so I also got him a set of paddle tires for the snow. I also got an Axial SCX24 B-17 Betty as a Valentine’s Day gift for my wife but she was unappreciative so it now mine. I guess she’ll just have to settle for the bracelet and earrings I gave her.
Wow! Another drive-by!

I ordered some connectors to build an adapter so that I can charge the SCX24 batteries on my normal charger instead of that usb one.

Wow! Another drive-by!
New phone, who dis?

I’ve peeked in a couple times over the years, just didn’t post or bother logging in. I’m logged in now with the stay logged in option on, I even had my phone save my info so you should be able to see when I’m creeping’.

Bought me a bug out backpack bag. Perfect fit to haul my rustler 4x4. Also has extra compartments for radio, batteries, chargers and whatnot...
soc002rs.jpg

Fits like a glove...
soc003rs.jpg

The main compartment is equipped with an expansion zipper good for a few more inches of space...
soc004rs.jpg

Compartment number two...
soc005rs.jpg

Last but not least, another compartment for tools, spare parts, couple pb&j's or what have you...
soc007rs.jpg

After trying the pack on, the shoulder straps were comfortable but i suspect they may be the chink in the armor, time will tell...
soc010cprs.jpg

Worst case scenario, if a shoulder strap does fail, the bag is also equipped with a duffel bag style strap and handle...
soc013rs.jpg

The bag also has a bunch of cinch straps to take up the slack. Here's the bag not cinched...
soc008rs.jpg

Bought me a bug out backpack bag. Perfect fit to haul my rustler 4x4. Also has extra compartments for radio, batteries, chargers and whatnot...
soc002rs.jpg

Fits like a glove...
soc003rs.jpg

The main compartment is equipped with an expansion zipper good for a few more inches of space...
soc004rs.jpg

Compartment number two...
soc005rs.jpg

Last but not least, another compartment for tools, spare parts, couple pb&j's or what have you...
soc007rs.jpg

After trying the pack on, the shoulder straps were comfortable but i suspect they may be the chink in the armor, time will tell...
soc010cprs.jpg

Worst case scenario, if a shoulder strap does fail, the bag is also equipped with a duffel bag style strap and handle...
soc013rs.jpg

The bag also has a bunch of cinch straps to take up the slack. Here's the bag not cinched...
soc008rs.jpg
Nice bugout! If my Sage 5 isn't in my pocket, the bugout is. I've only had the sage for a couple months.

I bought my first RC items in quite a while this weekend. I backordered an SCX24 C10, I bought an element Enduro24to hold me over and as a secondary truck for my roommate or his son, I bought a set of chrome stamped steel RC4WD 1 inch bead locks, rock crushers and mud slingers to match, and an upgraded motor for the SCX.

I got nabbed by the kneejerk purchase again... went to aliexpress to get a spare 35mm alloy fan to have on hand after getting a couple for my max6's to see if they fit, then stumbled across a rocket 4092 1650kv and bought one to replace the blx2050kv in my outcast. Really have no need for it... but I guess I'm going to upgrade my outcast. Also got another dual fan cooler for it. From what I see on the arrma forum, there will be a few mm of room after installing the longer motor, since I have the M2C chassis and alloy chassis braces, it shouldn't flex and hit the rear hinge pin brace.

I'll likely move the blx2050kv with cooler from my outcast to my stampede 4x4 as it has an old hpi tork 2200kv 4074 from my savage flux in it now with a crappy cooler on it and a 40mm alloy framed fan.

2011 powerstroke. Also new seat cover, shift lever, brake lever, pegs, Race Tech suspension front and rear and RC High Bend bars for my 450.

I grabbed a couple packs of Bad Horsie diff locking grease, as well a some sets of their shock covers. It’s been a few years (a little over 8) since I’ve ordered from them, so hopefully they’re still up and running. Their diff grease worked great in all of my smaller 1/10 Traxxas vehicles, so I’m looking forward to using it in my rebuilds I’ll be working on.

Ordered a new body for my Slash, grabbed a Fox Racing one from an eBay chop shop. I also ordered another SCX24, I got the white CRC Wrangler this time.

I picked up another SCX24. I decided to stop by my LHS because they just built a course for the 1/24 scale crawlers and I ended up leaving with a couple hop-ups and a Deadbolt.

full

Last edited:
After cooking my 2nd or 3rd spur in my 4S stampede 4x4... I ordered a HR steel one. I'd try going with 1M gears from the revo (I think that's a thing), but I run a v1 center diff and I don't think 1M gears exist for that.

Also ordered a diff cup since I can't seem to find replacement diff o-rings for the center diff. It was leaking a bit and I want to mix some 500K with 1M to make it a bit slower as it was diffing out to the front pretty bad. Couldn't find any 750K.