The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't buy, but got some stuff from my wife for my b-day. A new camera for POV shots on my RC's. Was hoping it would be a bit smaller. It's shorter than the gopro session that I have, so might be ok. I don't think I can mount it on my ERBEv2 anywhere safely, the roof to hood is too short. But I probably can make up something similar on my outcast by adding a T2T brace to hold the camera similarly to what I did on my stampede so far.
2021-0310-stampede-runcam2.jpg

2021-0310-stampede-runcam2-body-low.jpg

Sample image when installed:
2021-0310-stampede-runcam2-POV.jpg

I only want it for PIP type footage in my bashing videos, so I'll set it to 720p @120fps. I run my hero5 at 1080p at 120fps as well. Makes the slow mo less chunky looking.

With the session installed, and touching the roof, you still saw 1/3 or more of under the body, and I had to heat/melt the hood to smash it down to get that. So this gets me a bit better view.

Just hoping that since the camera is a bit lighter that the sled it locks into will be strong enough to keep it from shattering and the camera flying away. That was another issue with the session. Pretty much every single big jump would break the mounts or fold the camera down into the hood.

I found a zero degree fpv sled made out of PLA I think for the runcam2, so that may work as well. I have 4 or 5 of these sleds, so will see how it goes first. It's not waterproof though, will have to make sure it's dry out when running this one.

Didn't buy, but got some stuff from my wife for my b-day. A new camera for POV shots on my RC's. Was hoping it would be a bit smaller. It's shorter than the gopro session that I have, so might be ok. I don't think I can mount it on my ERBEv2 anywhere safely, the roof to hood is too short. But I probably can make up something similar on my outcast by adding a T2T brace to hold the camera similarly to what I did on my stampede so far.
2021-0310-stampede-runcam2.jpg

2021-0310-stampede-runcam2-body-low.jpg

Sample image when installed:
2021-0310-stampede-runcam2-POV.jpg

I only want it for PIP type footage in my bashing videos, so I'll set it to 720p @120fps. I run my hero5 at 1080p at 120fps as well. Makes the slow mo less chunky looking.

LOL...I almost didnt see it!

LOL...I almost didnt see it!
I might move it back a bit more... I was hasty with my measuring and the top edge of the lens shroud will touch before the hood does. It does blend in with the body on. I really like the orange though... not sure I'd want a 1:1 car in that color, but I like it on my RC's.

2011 powerstroke. Also new seat cover, shift lever, brake lever, pegs, Race Tech suspension front and rear and RC High Bend bars for my 450.
what's the make and model of your 450? I just put new fork seals in my 93 CR500.

Just purchased "Bullet Proof" equivalent equipment for my Excursion 6.0. Oil cooler, EGR cooler, coolant filter, glow plugs with harnesses, and a few other items. I'm also having them flush my entire oil and coolant system then adding Red Line Oil. Now it's time to add some HP.

Excursion Mods.jpg

what's the make and model of your 450? I just put new fork seals in my 93 CR500.

I have a '21 Kx450. I've never had a cr500, I did have an 04 kx500 though and my brother has a cr500 in a crf chassis.

I have a '21 Kx450. I've never had a cr500, I did have an 04 kx500 though and my brother has a cr500 in a crf chassis.
Very nice! One of my employees just bought a 21 kx450. I rode it, and it's pretty smooth. I was looking the CRF frame, but I'm a big guy, so I like the bigger feel of the factory frame. I got my CR500 plated, so I'm going to put some lights on it.

Call me Brittany cuz......Oops, I did it again. Brought my kids to my LHS to run the SCX24s on their course and ended up getting the yellow Wrangler for my daughter. I grabbed a few sets of the Hot Racing wheel weights as well, enough for all 4 wheels of both Jeeps and the Deadbolt (they won’t fit the Betty). I also decided to try a set of the HR shocks.

full

full

I got my order of RC4WD tires for the SCX24s, now I just need some wheels. I also picked up a couple clear bodies for them a C10 and a Betty. C10 is going to be gunmetal gray and I haven’t decided on the Betty yet.

I'm soo ready for assembly this weekend!!

?️??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210323-094856_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-094856_Chrome.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20210321-220720_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-220720_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210323-153108_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-153108_Gmail.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
First service on the new car, a 10" Midwest Industries SP handguard, and a gas tube and some roll pins for an upcoming gun build.

Go to the dealer for service?