The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a Axial SMT10 Raw Builders Kit 189.00 at my LHS
IMG_1988.jpg
IMG_1989.jpg

Took me about 10 hours to build i think took alot of breaks lol for the moment only had some crawler wheels laying around but i installed a traxxas vsl brushless system with the supplied pinion and spur i think 14/54 could be wrong, and a stock Axial servo in(tactic MG)
picked up some proline decimator tires but struggling finding wheels to fit them now 2.6x3.6 sold out
Did order a complete front axle and savox servo for rear wheel steering hope to have that mid week

Picked an Elegoo Mercury Plus Cleaning/Curing station for the resin printer as my early birthday present to myself. This should be asier than the 4-step process that I'm using now.

Upgraded my mic to a Samson G-Track Pro!

No more using the cheap mic on my headphones which means I don't have to wear headphones all day while working from home.
Geez! $130 so people can hear me better?!?!? So, mumble vs quiet mumble... lol! Bet it sounds nice! Here I was annoyed at having to spend $50+ on an adapter/mic for my hero5! Then again, it's for RC videos to cut wind noise... so at least it has a purpose. ;) I'm still on the fence though.

Ordered a full set of traxxas HD cold weather orange arms for my stampede. Broke one of their blue cold weather arms at the hinge pin last weekend. Not 100% sure they are any better than stock, but they do bow less than RPM. The orange will go nice with the body and new wheels I'm running though! Soon, it will just look like a hazard cone driving around. And with how I drive... that's probably a good thing!

I had my '17 for just over four years and 89,000 miles, and still loved it. Traded yesterday for a '21 limited but got this one fully loaded with everything. Has the 2.5 engine now which was needed IMHO, Harmon Kardon audio, and I freaking love the LED adaptive lighting, and the auto-dimming side mirrors. I loved my '17, but I'm totally smitten with this one already!

5MOKTQz.jpg

Last edited:
Losi 5ive T with a 62cc motor that I have no idea how I'm going to install lol. No seriously, I haven't a clue. I've started a thread for anybody that wants to help :)
20201231_104304.jpg
20201204_123029.jpg