The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you have an factory amplified system?
No, but the GM factory radio for this year supplied all of the clicks and chimes. I found this out when I installed an Android head unit several years back and I had to add the included speaker to get the chimes and all.

No, but the GM factory radio for this year supplied all of the clicks and chimes. I found this out when I installed an Android head unit several years back and I had to add the included speaker to get the chimes and all.

GM started running the chimes through the speakers in 2000. I worked with GM on a few of their show cars. I grilled the engineers on this and after getting a few drinks in them, they spilled the beans. They started going more "Digital" to make it more difficult for regular mechanics to work on their cars and to charge more money. For example, the radio is the first things to break in a vehicle. Basically, it's the CD player. Well, why get a factory unit for $$500 when you can get an aftermarket one, that is much better, for half that. Well, now it will cost a lot more to have an aftermarket radio installed in your truck. You're looking at about $150-$250 just in parts and labor. Then there's the cost of the radio or adding the steering wheel controls. So, paying $500 for an after market radio isn't as bad. I also worked with engineers from other manufacturers and it is scary to see what the companies are doing.

Baja Q shorty conversion kit....

shorty.jpg

Yep, that's the desired affect.... ;)
I will eventually buy the parts to rebuild the original. Gonna purchase a OBR 36cc for it. I really enjoy this car more than any of them I have.

I got a Bose SoundLink system in it. That's not the radio you're talking about is it? I had to have the 3rd function remote put in there but otherwise it's a full scale and much more fun to drive than a remote control

O-rings for my LRP28. Can't seem to find the o-ring kit anywhere for a reasonable price, if at all. Ordered some silicone 2mm ID x 6mm OD and 3mm ID x 7mm OD o-rings off amazon. My HSN kept screwing itself in on me today. Took half a tank to see what was happening. Not to lose my day, I took a piece of thread (ripped from a hand towel in my truck bag) and wrapped it around the HSN beside the o-ring to force it to bunch up a bit. Seemed to work really well and ran almost 1000cc's of fuel through it. Not sure the silicone o-rings will be tough enough, but will find out tomorrow if they even fit when they show up.

I have been looking at the Hexfly servos. I always questioned them because they have some pretty good numbers and are pretty inexpensive, compared to their competition. I saw some tests done on them and there numbers are pretty close to what they advertise. How is the reliability?