The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely make a huge difference.

I did have a vid of me & b-law at the river bed ,it was kind of a disaster running with out paddles .both of our trucks
didnt fare to well ,we kept getting are MGT's stuck ,had to feather the throttle an get the trucks rolling to get them
going first!

I would have to go back an check an see if I have the vid of that day ,but could have lost it when I cancelled out
of Photo bucket!
That was the only an last time we went to the river ,it is only 5 miles from my house!.....LOL....Wont go again with out paddles!... :thumbs-up:

Very nice! They use the Garmin system. Did you get the free map updates with it?
@ Years' worth. I just have to figure out how to register for them. I can't find the Serial No. on my paperwork from the dealer.

@ Years' worth. I just have to figure out how to register for them. I can't find the Serial No. on my paperwork from the dealer.

It's usually not on the paper work, unless you get it from Best Buy. You can find it on the box it came in, or you can pull the radio out to get it. What kind of truck did you put it in?

It's usually not on the paper work, unless you get it from Best Buy. You can find it on the box it came in, or you can pull the radio out to get it. What kind of truck did you put it in?
2009 Silverado. I've got to go and get the speaker put on it for the turn signal click and warning chimes. They didn't do that on the original install and it was included with the harness kit. I'm also haveing some other accessories that are needed for full operation such as the AV-input OBD II Y-harness.

2009 Silverado. I've got to go and get the speaker put on it for the turn signal click and warning chimes. They didn't do that on the original install and it was included with the harness kit. I'm also haveing some other accessories that are needed for full operation such as the AV-input OBD II Y-harness.

They didn't use the right harness. the right harness has the speaker attached to it. They probably hoped you wouldn't notice. The proper kit supplies the switch power for your radio because the factory radio runs off a data buss system and turns on by receiving a data signal from the trucks BCM. If they didn't use the right harness, then that scares me to think where they taped the power into.

I use to do that stuff. I was the custom guy who built all the big projects, such as for movies, tv shows, and celebrities'. I am Master Certified in installing automotive electronics. Did they run the constant power wire directly to the battery? That would be the yellow wire. Your new unit draws more power than your old unit, so it is highly recommended, by the manufacturer and MECP, to run a constant power wire to the battery. That is what powers the amp in the radio. without the proper power, your radio will run hotter and lose sound quality. It should be at least a 14 gauge wire, but I normally ran a 12.

Sounds about right. 4 pounds is just about perfect for a Saturday morning.

I almost had too much bacon... Said nobody, ever.

Half of it I fried with sriracha sauce and brown sugar. I had to throw that pan away. There was no way I was getting that pan clean again. I'm still waiting for the left side of my body to gets it's feeling back after I clogged the artery to that side of my body.

They didn't use the right harness. the right harness has the speaker attached to it. They probably hoped you wouldn't notice. The proper kit supplies the switch power for your radio because the factory radio runs off a data buss system and turns on by receiving a data signal from the trucks BCM. If they didn't use the right harness, then that scares me to think where they taped the power into.

I use to do that stuff. I was the custom guy who built all the big projects, such as for movies, tv shows, and celebrities'. I am Master Certified in installing automotive electronics. Did they run the constant power wire directly to the battery? That would be the yellow wire. Your new unit draws more power than your old unit, so it is highly recommended, by the manufacturer and MECP, to run a constant power wire to the battery. That is what powers the amp in the radio. without the proper power, your radio will run hotter and lose sound quality. It should be at least a 14 gauge wire, but I normally ran a 12.
Actually on the ADS Maestro RR, the speaker plugs into the side of the module. The power after the key as well as the gauges in the head unit and other functions work as advertised so I know that the module is working right.

I almost had too much bacon... Said nobody, ever.

Half of it I fried with sriracha sauce and brown sugar. I had to throw that pan away. There was no way I was getting that pan clean again. I'm still waiting for the left side of my body to gets it's feeling back after I clogged the artery to that side of my body.
Now drinking too much bacon GREASE, thats another thing.

Now drinking too much bacon GREASE, thats another thing.

I stopped doing that a few years ago. Now I just use it to fry everything in. Such as eggs, zucchini, hamburgers, more bacon, etc...

Actually on the ADS Maestro RR, the speaker plugs into the side of the module. The power after the key as well as the gauges in the head unit and other functions work as advertised so I know that the module is working right.

So you have an factory amplified system?

I still drink the juices from other meats though. Pork chops, steak, ect.

I swapped out the juices for Dr. Pepper. I get less stares at the restaurant. People started commenting too much when they would see a straw sticking out the middle of my prime rib.

You could sponge up the sauce with the meat. Or put tinfoil over the meat before you eat it and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes. But at a restaurant, just try to casual get a bowl and drink the sauce with a spoon.