The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been on a nickle and dime buying frenzy lately. All in an effort to get a server PSU that's quieter to run than the prebuilt one I bought.

Ended up buying 400+ resistors (1/4 watt, 1/2 watt and variable), 250 caps of various capacities, basic mosfets and 3 server psu's. Started by buying a couple ohm resisters in packs of 10 on ebay only to find out what I bought wasn't working. Then I ordered a kit that had 150 in it with various ohm ratings and didn't notice they were 1/4 watt vs 1/2 watt, so after they showed up, I ordered 1/2 watt. Somewhere in the middle I ordered a kit of 100 variable ones of varying sizes.

The PSU's were fairly cheap, all 3 around $20. The resistors/caps were all fairly cheap, all in I think I spent $50.

Just annoying that I could have spent $4 if I knew what I really needed. Following what others have done on forums and blog posts wasn't working.

Starting to look like I'm trying to open my own radio shack in my office!

Been on a nickle and dime buying frenzy lately. All in an effort to get a server PSU that's quieter to run than the prebuilt one I bought.

Ended up buying 400+ resistors (1/4 watt, 1/2 watt and variable), 250 caps of various capacities, basic mosfets and 3 server psu's. Started by buying a couple ohm resisters in packs of 10 on ebay only to find out what I bought wasn't working. Then I ordered a kit that had 150 in it with various ohm ratings and didn't notice they were 1/4 watt vs 1/2 watt, so after they showed up, I ordered 1/2 watt. Somewhere in the middle I ordered a kit of 100 variable ones of varying sizes.

The PSU's were fairly cheap, all 3 around $20. The resistors/caps were all fairly cheap, all in I think I spent $50.

Just annoying that I could have spent $4 if I knew what I really needed. Following what others have done on forums and blog posts wasn't working.

Starting to look like I'm trying to open my own radio shack in my office!

That is a lot of components! I used to build crossovers all the time, so I remember the days of swimming in caps and resistors. After a while, your eyes get all bugged out from trying to read the colored bands on the resistors.

I received the Polaris Stator and got it installed. Purrs like a kitten....

zoom_RM01007.jpg

I received the Polaris Stator and got it installed. Purrs like a kitten....

View attachment 123256

Very nice! Now you can come over and rebuild the top end on my Suzuki RMZ250. I'll even buy you a candy bar. I really have rebuilding the top ends on 4-strokes motorcycles. Especially the new ones. It takes a whole day. A 2-stroke only take a couple hours, at most. That's one reason why I will never get rid of my CR500.

I know... I know... I can hear some of saying "Never say Never or it will happen." Okay, I will say this "there are no foreseen plans on me selling my CR500." It also has a California street license. DMV messed up.

Very nice! Now you can come over and rebuild the top end on my Suzuki RMZ250. I'll even buy you a candy bar. I really have rebuilding the top ends on 4-strokes motorcycles. Especially the new ones. It takes a whole day. A 2-stroke only take a couple hours, at most. That's one reason why I will never get rid of my CR500.

I know... I know... I can hear some of saying "Never say Never or it will happen." Okay, I will say this "there are no foreseen plans on me selling my CR500." It also has a California street license. DMV messed up.
It has to be sugar free, I'm diabetic.... :p

Got a new dual fan heat sink for my ERBEv2, couple of 30mm alloy framed fans and some 2mm spacers.

The heat sink showed up quick, but the fans weren't supposed to be here until Monday, so I bothered with installing the fans that came with it last night:
2020-0903-ERBEv2-DualMotorFan-top.jpg

The alloy fans showed up today... CURSES! Now I feel obligated to put them on instead...

tuned I have a question for you... if you have a insulin reaction what do people around you use to get your blood sugar up?.. Try a red bull if you have a squeeze bottle that will work easier..

For the most part it was pretty easy. This is the second one I've done I believe the hardest thing about was tucking the wiring harness out of the way so it wouldn't get into the flywheel.

tuned I have a question for you... if you have a insulin reaction what do people around you use to get your blood sugar up?.. Try a red bull if you have a squeeze bottle that will work easier..
I get it now, I believe you are talking about type A, I have type B. I can't have sugar. Type A is you have to have a shot of sugar so to speak.
Now days I have it completely under control.

its type 1 and type 2 not a n b. wasn't clear on if you take insulin or just pills or just needed to lose weight..

For the most part it was pretty easy. This is the second one I've done I believe the hardest thing about was tucking the wiring harness out of the way so it wouldn't get into the flywheel.

Your second one? In the same machine? What brand are you using?

its type 1 and type 2 not a n b. wasn't clear on if you take insulin or just pills or just needed to lose weight..
Like I mentioned above, I have complete control of it. I've lost 110 pounds and I'm on a strict diet. Junk food is a thing of the past for me. My A1C is normal and has been for a few years now because of my diet. I also have Hemochromatosis which is iron overload if you wasn't sure and I have liver damage because of it. I don't consume any and if I do it's very small amount. I have to give blood every 3 months to keep my iron down.
Not trying to bore anybody honestly... :D
I'm on insulin but haven't had to take any shot in a few years either, which I might add is a blessing...

10mm extensions for my ERBEv2 so I can keep the width the Talon EXT's give me, but go back to my trenchers with 0 offest or pickup another set of backflips for it. Just not liking the shorter ext tires, the added weight, or the lack of grip.